Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes -- he must be having one of those "mid-life-crisis" kind of things, poor man. :puke:preying on a probably very innocent 16-yr-old.

IMO, that school is in b.i.g. trouble for allowing him to sign her out & pick her up unless more on that comes to light.
Right? That's insane! My brother's high school wouldn't even let ME, his big sister, pick him up without written permission from my parents!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALLENTOWN, Pa. -- A 45-year-old man managed to sign a 16-year-old girl out of her school 10 times in the last few months, and now the two are missing, police said.

Allentown police issued a missing person alert Wednesday for Kevin Esterly and A.Y. A warrant for Esterly's arrest for interference with the custody of a child also was issued Wednesday, according to the Allentown Morning Call.

http://6abc.com/cops-man-got-girl-out-of-school-10-times;-now-both-missing/3190655/?sf184007148=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Esterly, A.Y. Facts: Missing Pennsylvania Student Likely With Secret Lover

Police in Pennsylvania are looking for a 45-year-old man and a 16-year-old female student, who are believed to be in a “secretive relationship” and may have fled together, authorities said Thursday. Kevin Esterly and A.Y., a Lehigh Valley Academy Charter School student in Northampton County, were last seen together on Monday.

Allentown Police Department said that the duo "could possibly be traveling together in a 1999 Red Honda Accord, 2 door bearing PA vehicle registration of KLT 0529."

http://www.ibtimes.com/kevin-esterl...nsylvania-student-likely-secret-lover-2661169

Regarding the signing out from school:

Here's how I imagine this happening. And if I'm right, this is on the parents, not the school.

I fill out an emergency pick up list for my son's school. My uncle is on it. Uncle picks up, they check the list and his ID, he's on the list, ID matches, my son has no qualms/issues/concerns about going with uncle all is well.

I assume my uncle will only go get him if I call him and ask him to do that. But, he could really do it at any time. If my son (currently middle school age) doesn't indicate there's any issue, the school isn't doing anything wrong and wouldn't bat an eyelash at this.

Now, if I don't know my uncle is doing this, and I find out he's taken my son out of school early 10 times then, for sure, I'd lose my mind and put a stop to it. But it could, theoretically, happen numerous times and I'd never know unless my son told me.

If he was taking my son to the arcade and my son wanted to be there, who would tell me?

So I can see this happening here. If he was on the emergency list, and he and the girl were having a relationship, then she'd WANT to go with him, wouldn't put up any fuss, and mom might never know. Once she does, then all heck breaks loose. For obvious reasons. But that does NOT mean (if that's how it went down) that the school has any culpability in this.

MOO

I agree that he was likely on the emergency contact list, but mom was unaware he had been taking her out of school without her knowledge & permission until the 9th. Seems like they know each other since the one article mentioned the mom saying he wasn't allowed or supposed to be taking her out of school vs who the heck is Kevin Esterly?! I don't even know this person!

I agree that he was likely on the emergency contact list, but mom was unaware he had been taking her out of school without her knowledge & permission until the 9th. Seems like they know each other since the one article mentioned the mom saying he wasn't allowed or supposed to be taking her out of school vs who the heck is Kevin Esterly?! I don't even know this person!

BBM interesting that it looks like the school did not require permission or prior notification of the the primary parent/custodian to inform the school .I can't remember if the school for mine required prior notification that they were ok to be released early but we did it anyway. He picked her up 10 times in about 12 weeks or almost once a week. There must have been some excuse used like a doctor's appointment but that many times you would think would raise attention by the school nurse if that were the case. Guess we'll find out. JMO

My kids school would never allow this. I had myself and my ex (kids father) and my mother on my kids pick up list. My ex a few years back decided drugs more important than children and I gave the school all court papers and they are very aware he can't pick them up. When you enter my kids name into their system to pick them up a alert pops up.
Was he on a no pick up list ? Did he lie about who he was ? I would think the school would require ID.
I hope A. is found and is ok, I feel she probably thinks she's in love with him JMO

Has anyone found SM on either of them?

Was he picking her up in the middle of the day so she missed classes the rest of the day or was he getting her at the end of the day? If the middle of the day I don't see how that would be allowed/go unnoticed for 10 times. What was the reason given when he signed her out? If he was picking her up at the end of the day I could see it not noticed if mom thought she was doing an after-school activity like sports practice or music.

How close must he have been for him to be on the emergency list? The only ppl on my child's list are relatives and a very close friend. I've heard they went to the same church, but nothing to indicate a relationship between the families.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How close must he have been for him to be on the emergency list? The only ppl on my child's list are relatives and a very close friend. I've heard they went to the same church, but nothing to indicate a relationship between the families.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Could he know someone at the school that put him on the list? (if so that person needs to get fired!)

Still-Wanted Accused-Felon*

PA - Kevin M. Esterly, 45 -
for Felony Custodial Interference -
Lehigh County >>> Allentown -
5 Mar 2018

Wanted Defendant:

Kevin Michael Esterly
White / Male / 45 Years Old
5' 9" :: 185 Lbs.
Brown Eyes with Glasses :: Brown Hair
Born: 29 Dec 1972

1999 Red Honda Accord EX -- 2 Door Coupe
PA Plate: KLT-0529
Vehicle Identification Number may end in 33450

Stock Photo of Possibly-Similar Coupe:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...hHDXQ#imgrc=e9EWbAmw35-6kM:&spf=1520481289746
^^^ Click for Photo ^^^
'99 Honda Accord EX -- San Marino Red -- 2 Door Coupe
PA Plate: KLT-0529
Vehicle Identification Number may end in 33450

Allentown City, Lehigh County is in Eastern, PA

Day Five

3)) Allentown Police Department:
https://www.allentownpa.gov/Police
(610) 437-7751 :: Report # 18018159

Some Criminal Court Docket SheetS:

*A-1)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-31101-CR-0000144-2018
*18 § 2904 §§ A (F-3) :: Custodial Interference

A-2)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...rt.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-31101-CR-0000144-2018

B)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docke...eport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-39-CR-0000224-2013

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

[Post 5500
Thread 367694]

Allentown police looking for missing teen, 45-year-old man

Local news article that gives some more details from her mom and brother.

Some quotes:
The family says they met Esterly years ago at church. A. quickly became friends with one of his four children. They spent time at each other's houses.
In fact, Mul Luu even had Kevin Esterly over to their home for dinner."Yeah, just a plain nice guy, that tries to help A.," John says of his early impression of Esterly.

Then he adds, "But not anymore."
Not after her mother discovered text messages on A.'s phone…hundreds of them. She told us A. was talking to Esterly as if he were her boyfriend.
"Now I think he's a very bad guy and A.'s not hanging out with the right person," John says.

After more digging, Mul Luu says she was shocked to find out A. had been signed out of her school, Lehigh Valley Academy Regional Charter School, 10 times by Esterly.
The school released a statement saying in part: "Whenever a person comes to the school and requests to remove a student they are asked to present identification, and, if the identification matches a person on the emergency contact list, the student is released to that individual. We can't comment on student matters or this specific case but we hope that A. comes home safely and soon."
A.'s mother claims she didn't put Kevin Esterly on any emergency contact list.

BBM.

Hmmm, so if A.'s mother didn't put him on the list, maybe A. did? I think a 16yo could easily be savvy enough to get a blank form, fill it out how she wants it, and turn it in.

I find it VERY hard to believe the school (especially in this day and age) would release a child (especially a girl to an unrelated adult male) without authorization. 10 times. So either A. or someone else falsified the document, or mom really did put his name on there, is what I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerrieBee