Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, so if A.'s mother didn't put him on the list, maybe A. did? I think a 16yo could easily be savvy enough to get a blank form, fill it out how she wants it, and turn it in.

I find it VERY hard to believe the school (especially in this day and age) would release a child (especially a girl to an unrelated adult male) without authorization. 10 times. So either A. or someone else falsified the document, or mom really did put his name on there, is what I'm thinking.

I can see this happening very easily, or at the beginning of the year when the forms had to be filled in, she added it in before handing it into the office. Or if it was all done electronically..... Super easy to do it.

I am not faulting the school here.

Has anyone found SM on either of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I found his yesterday but it was a bit hard to tell. The only thing visible at all was a profile pic of him with two young girls (I assume his daughters).

Hmmm, so if A.'s mother didn't put him on the list, maybe A. did? I think a 16yo could easily be savvy enough to get a blank form, fill it out how she wants it, and turn it in.

I find it VERY hard to believe the school (especially in this day and age) would release a child (especially a girl to an unrelated adult male) without authorization. 10 times. So either A. or someone else falsified the document, or mom really did put his name on there, is what I'm thinking.
I didn't even think about A. doing it. You might be right. He might have even told her to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So they haven't been found in Mexico then?

It worries me that her mom seems to be taking the angle of "she's hanging out with the wrong person" vs. "a pedophile groomed and kidnapped my child".....

It worries me that her mom seems to be taking the angle of "she's hanging out with the wrong person" vs. "a pedophile groomed and kidnapped my child".....

I think that might have more to do with English not being her first language, than anything else. Just speculating.

Keep in mind Mom speaks very little English and her comments are being translated by A.'s YOUNGER brother. I don't know how old the brother is but I can imagine she wouldn't want to say anything explicit like that in front of her child.

BBM interesting that it looks like the school did not require permission or prior notification of the the primary parent/custodian to inform the school .I can't remember if the school for mine required prior notification that they were ok to be released early but we did it anyway. He picked her up 10 times in about 12 weeks or almost once a week. There must have been some excuse used like a doctor's appointment but that many times you would think would raise attention by the school nurse if that were the case. Guess we'll find out. JMO

Oh I agree with you! I think even if he was listed as an emergency contact or someone who was able to pick her up from school, 10 absences/early dismissals in such a short time should have raised red flags regardless of who was picking her up simply for the sake of absenteeism and the excessiveness of it. I can't remember a school year where I missed 10 days total or was released early10x over the course of the entire school year.

Oh I agree with you! I think even if he was listed as an emergency contact or someone who was able to pick her up from school, 10 absences/early dismissals in such a short time should have raised red flags regardless of who was picking her up simply for the sake of absenteeism and the excessiveness of it. I can't remember a school year where I missed 10 days total or was released early10x over the course of the entire school year.

It could have been a short amount of time, 1/2 hr or hour, and if the excuse was plausible enough it might not raise red flags. Physical therapy, counseling, etc, all would have weekly or bi-weekly appointments and maybe can't be made after school hours. Possible.

I work with multiple schools and although it's here in Australia, I would have to say 10 instances of removing a child from school SHOULD result in a conversation with the parent. This would be the norm in the schools I deal with. I'm not sure whether this does raise flags in schools in US, but it absolutely would here, regardless of whether the student was been collected by a person on the emergency list, a parent, whomever. Usually the school guidance counsellor would arrange a meeting to discuss if the student needs support as something clearly is going on (10 is just too high a number to be ignored even if for a totally unhinky reason).

It could have been a short amount of time, 1/2 hr or hour, and if the excuse was plausible enough it might not raise red flags. Physical therapy, counseling, etc, all would have weekly or bi-weekly appointments and maybe can't be made after school hours. Possible.

10 times by an "emergency" contact should generate some inquiry - at least a why and notification of absences.
And I don't think it was going through all that trouble for a short time. out.

Wouldn't a counseling/physical therapy/doctor's note need to be provided?

10 times by an "emergency" contact should generate some inquiry - at least a why and notification of absences.
And I don't think it was going through all that trouble for a short time. out.

Maybe. If they were having romantic interludes, a short time added to whatever after school time might have been sufficient.

Wouldn't a counseling/physical therapy/doctor's note need to be provided?

Again, maybe.

For some schools, likely yes. For others, no. My son's school wants a note if we want him restricted from something at the school, like non-participation in gym.

And our school's form is just 'alternate pickup' list. That's separate from the emergency contact list. Though sometimes the two lists of names are the same.

I'm just saying, generally, that this isn't necessarily the school's fault. That's all. Add to all of it is the fact that mom doesn't speak (or maybe read) English well, so a teen bent on having an inappropriate relationship might be able to pull the wool over their eyes easily. Might. Maybe.

Possibilities is all I'm saying.

Even though A. took her passport, I think she would still have to provide either a birth certificate or written permission from her parent’s to travel out of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New details, A. forged a document stating that KE was her step father. Unable to provide the link. Define grooming here.

When police interviewed her, she said that he signed her out 5 times. But police found out it was 10 times. She probably said 5 meaning 5 since she turned 16 in December. She was hiding the fact that it 5 more before she turned 16. He has definitely groomed her into what to say.

New details, A. forged a document stating that KE was her step father. Unable to provide the link. Define grooming here.

[h=1]Missing Teen Changed Paperwork to List Man as Stepdad: Police[/h]
As of Friday evening, both were still missing, police said. The U.S. Marshal's Office and agents with the FBI are now assisting with the search.

Esterly and Yu apparently had a secret relationship for months, and investigators said Y may even have gone on family vacations with Esterly. He is married with two children.
According to a warrant issued after the two disappeared, Esterly signed Yu out of school 10 times between Nov. 13 and Feb. 9 without her parents' permission.

Investigators said it now appears that the girl may have added Esterly to her school emergency contact list as a stepfather. That, they said, would have allowed him to remove the girl from school.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...hool-10-Times-Both-Now-Missing-476301433.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay