Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having 10K in you house is unusual.

I've had more than 10K in my house before. It was tip money I saved from my job. I have also traveled with over $5,000 in cash. People have all kinds of reasons for having large amounts of cash.

I'm confused about the $10,000. In a passport? It doesn't specifically say cash. She's a single mom, as I am. Idk what she does for a living, but $10,000 would be a lot for me to have hanging around.

When you travel you can carry up to $10,000 cash without reporting it to the government. If the mother was planning to travel international, $10,000 cash would not be a lot of money to take. Cash is still a common form of payment in many countries.

Is there an alledged kidnapping here? The legal age of consent in PA is 16, but is there a loop hole about traveling across state lines?

He started to check her out of school when she was 15. But hard to prove.

They did travel to TX. consent here is 17. So from the frying pan and into the fire.

How did LE find and arrest (was it an arrest?) Ethan Couch & his mom in Mexico in the Affluent Teen case (TX)? LE went down to Mexico and "got" them, unless my memory fails (very possible).

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301370-TX-Ethan-Couch-Affluenza-Teen-DUI-driver-who-killed-four-gets-probation-2013-3

If my memory is right, he used his cell phone to order a pizza. The FBI traced the call and notified Mexican police. Pretty incredibly dumb.

When you travel you can carry up to $10,000 cash without reporting it to the government. If the mother was planning to travel international, $10,000 cash would not be a lot of money to take. Cash is still a common form of payment in many countries.

Even were the mother planning to travel internationally, $10,000 is an exorbitant amount of money to allot on one vacation. It seems unusual to me that she would have that much cash just laying around her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He started to check her out of school when she was 15. But hard to prove.

They did travel to TX. consent here is 17. So from the frying pan and into the fire.
Federal consent is 18. Please please people read!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

e4315f7575d459401591568f8cbacee6.jpg

Alert out in Mexico

Also, from what I’m reading, Amy left with “a couple hundred dollars,” some jewelry, and a passport.

10k in cash is pretty normal for Asian families. My parents never earned much but there was always a few thousand lying around in the most bizzare hiding spots possible.

10k in cash is pretty normal for Asian families. My parents never earned much but there was always a few thousand lying around in the most bizzare hiding spots possible.

I put my sunglasses down somewhere in the house yesterday and have no idea where they are. I can’t imagine hiding that much cash around the house. I’d never find it.

cache.php

Alert out in Mexico

So it looks like they did make it to Mexico. I'll pass this along to my expat friends who can throw it up in their individual groups if they haven't already. I lived up and down Mexico and Central America for a while, mostly Nicaragua. This may all seem very romantic to Amy at first, but after a while reality sets in. How long that takes will remain to be seen. I don't know their level of Spanish, but if it's fairly basic I see them sticking to towns with a higher number of expats, making it easier for them to be found. Anyway, I'll put the word out and see if they have heard already.

Federal consent is 18. Please please people read!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Your confusing this. Federal consent under the laws of prostitution 18, but laws of consent of the state she came from are different. Also, there is no evidence that sex occurred in Texas, and not that it would nessesaraly matter. Like prairiewind said. The case is week at best.

Thank you for the link. I think unless TSA is blind, she did just take the money from inside her moms passport. Still seems like a large sum to just be in the house.

I'm looking into that new name from the URL to see if anything is linked....and I just found someone with that same name in Allentown PA on LinkedIn.

Here's a thought --

I wonder if the word "passport" should have been "passbook" as some banks/customers still call them -- they're actually just savings accounts. It's an old term, but being a past programmer/developer in a bank (not that long ago!), some customers still called them that although that term isn't used by many banks now. Some banks do still have them.

So it looks like they did make it to Mexico. I'll pass this along to my expat friends who can throw it up in their individual groups if they haven't already. I lived up and down Mexico and Central America for a while, mostly Nicaragua. This may all seem very romantic to Amy at first, but after a while reality sets in. How long that takes will remain to be seen. I don't know their level of Spanish, but if it's fairly basic I see them sticking to towns with a higher number of expats, making it easier for them to be found. Anyway, I'll put the word out and see if they have heard already.

Going to be long night.

OK, from what little Spanish I know it sounds like they've been sighted in Mexican territory? Can any fluent Spanish speakers confirm?

Here's a thought --

I wonder if the word "passport" should have been "passbook" as some banks/customers still call them -- they're actually just savings accounts. It's an old term, but being a past programmer/developer in a bank (not that long ago!), some customers still called them that although that term isn't used by many banks now. Some banks do still have them.

Good thought! I agree with you on passbook (my kids still have passbooks for their bank accounts). Also, culturally speaking, many Asian people (especially older and newer immigrants) have a strong distrust of banks. It is not unreasonable to have that much money in cash.

I put it through Google Translate, it says "It is clear from the investigations that she is travelling in national territory in company of Kevin Esterley".

Amber Alert: Missing persons A. Y. and Kevin Esterly may be in Mexico

Amber Alert Mexico has issued a bulletin that A.Y. and Kevin Esterly, missing from Allentown since March 5, may be traveling through Mexico.

The alert, posted Thursday night on Twitter, says 16-year-old Y. could be in danger from Esterly, a 45-year-old married man who police say had a “secretive relationship” with the Allentown girl.

“From investigations it seems she is traveling on national territory in the company of Kevin Esterly,” Amber Alert Mexico says in its tweet. “It is believed that the integrity of the teenager is in danger and she may be a victim of crime.”

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...missing-may-be-outside-us-20180315-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG