Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A. stole from her mom but she won’t be charged. She’s a victim of a crime. She was manipulated and exploited for sexual gains. Her mom will not press charges, she just wants her back home safely. Same with LE.

The exact evidence that sex occurred will not be released. From what we know the facts strongly allude to a sexual relationship:

1. KE signed her out of school 10 times. Where did they go? I doubt it was just for ice cream and innocent fun. People know them around town, they were likely not in the public eye.

2. The mother found “inappropriate” messages from KE.

3. AY’s brother said in the interview that the fight with KE SE on their property was about SE accusing KE AY of having sex. What does SE know besides him hiding the fact he signed AY out of school? Hotel purchases? SE knows something more?

This disgusting perv does not deserve freedom IMO.

Sent using Tapatalk

:goodpost: There is quite a bit of evidence against Esterly and this is just what we, the public, know about. It's probably the tip of the iceberg of the evidence they have.

I disagree that she can't be charged and she is a total victim. She stole money and jewelry. Depends on the DA and if the mom will press charges, but LE will have grounds to hold her as a felon, But yes her defense will argue she was coerced IMO.

ETA she could argue at trial he took the money and jewelry but she would have at least pointed out where it was.

I didn't say she can't be charged. I said she won't be charged in a way that was my opinion.

They may charge her in order to hold her like they did with Katarina Bitterman, to keep her from running. But the charges will be dropped/ case dismissed IMO.

Mom will not press charges IMO, She said in the interview directed to Amy that she doesn't care about the Jewelry, but to just come home.

DA will not press charges IMO, bad press to charge a sexually exploited child.

To bring this child home safely, it's important that she doesn't think she will be charged. It will keep her on the run with a man who has nothing to lose now. Very dangerous.

Additional details.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh"-valley/police-release-new-details-about-allentown-missing-teen/714161185

"Police say A. Y. altered her emergency contact list to add 45-year-old Kevin Esterly, the man she is suspected to be with, as an additional "family member.”

They say they even have video of Esterly, the man she claimed was her stepfather, signing the form, and walking out the front door with the teen.

(This guy has big kahunas to do that)

Also says it started in Dec when she turned 16, not Nov. unlike earlier reports. Media can't get their info right. Comments are interesting

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/mexican-authorities-issue-amber-alert-for-amy-yu/716966939

The alert, which was posted to the Twitter page Alerta Amber Mexico Thursday night, says police believe Y., 16, and Kevin Esterly, 45, are traveling inside the country.

:goodpost: There is quite a bit of evidence against Esterly and this is just what we, the public, know about. It's probably the tip of the iceberg of the evidence they have.

I couldn't agree more :)

How could a family man, father of four little girls, do this to another little girl's parent? :banghead:

How could a family man, father of four little girls, do this to another little girl's parent? :banghead:

His willingness to walk away and abandon his own children speaks volumes of his character. This "man" is only concerned with his own feelings.

Why do all the media articles about the amber alert mention the car as if they might still have it? Is it possible that they were not on that plane to Dallas and the man who said he saw them was mistaken? Did we get LE confirmation that it was them on the plane?

WFMZ twitter page just posted - Allentown PD to hold press conference 3PM today

Why do all the media articles about the amber alert mention the car as if they might still have it? Is it possible that they were not on that plane to Dallas and the man who said he saw them was mistaken? Did we get LE confirmation that it was them on the plane?

The eyewitness stated that he was close to 100% sure it was them. From the transcript link.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...-philadelphia-international-airport/715873129

"CASTROVINCI: I`m as certain as I could be. I mean, I`d be shocked if it wasn`t them. I`m as close to 100 percent certain as it could be. You know, again, it was a young Asian girl with very long hair, straight hair. You know, middle, 40 something-year-old gentleman with a, you know, kind of greased hair combed to the side and glasses."

Allentown police will conduct a press conference today.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...old-press-conference-on-amy-yu-case/717214210

And to his own four daughters, who deserve a loving father? I feel so bad for them, and his wife, Stacey, too.

Go to expedia site, if you put in a child passenger they also ask for the age. No promise to find one but they try.
12 seems to be the cutoff but maybe he was trying

Yeah, I'm just saying in 11 years of traveling with my daughter this has happened where a child fare was offered, and we mostly fly to Central American and Caribbean countries as I was based out of Nicaragua for a while. Seems like an enormous risk to save what would be 9% of the airfare IMO. He may not be super bright, but I think he's a little smarter than to risk getting caught over saving $50 or so MOO. He was also doing this at the airline ticket desk apparently, so even stupider if that was the case.

I don't know and was sort of wondering the same thing. The media reporting on this story has been a little strange in my opinion. There have been mistakes and confusion that reporters don't seem to be following up on. I guess we will probably get some clarification from the police press conference. I don't think LE ever confirmed the airline flight but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to. I think the Mexican Amber Alert sort of tells us that they must have been on the flight.

I think the criteria is the same. I believe this means they have evidence that they are now in Mexico. So that is where they issued the Amber Alert for. Before this they may not have had any clues as to where they went after Dallas. My gut feeling is that they rented a car at DFW and drove it to Mexico, where it has now been found. Or as others here have speculated, maybe they took a bus or other transportation to Mexico. Whatever happened the Amber Alert means they are likely now in Mexico.

From DFW airport, you have several options.
1. Rent a car and take I-35 to Mexico. Not likely, we would have gotten an advisement of what to look our for. The rental companies are all located on the airport property. The security cameras would have tracked them.

2. Take the DART to Reunion Arena station in downtown Dallas and walk the 5 blocks or so to the Greyhound Bus terminal or a longer walk to the Megabus terminal that has more express routes between the TX cities.

3. Take the DART to Dallas LUV airport and fly Southwest Airlines to Harlingen,TX. It is quick and a lot close to the border. From there, you could take the bus or rent/buy a car.

Yeah, I'm just saying in 11 years of traveling with my daughter this has happened where a child fare was offered, and we mostly fly to Central American and Caribbean countries as I was based out of Nicaragua for a while. Seems like an enormous risk to save what would be 9% of the airfare IMO. He may not be super bright, but I think he's a little smarter than to risk getting caught over saving $50 or so MOO. He was also doing this at the airline ticket desk apparently, so even stupider if that was the case.

I'm thinking the birth certificate question at the ticket counter must not have actually happened, because it just doesn't make any sense. They wouldn't need to ask for her birth certificate if they have her passport, all that information is on the passport and you can't have gotten a passport without a bc. I travel internationally with my son and have never had to have anything other than passport. Though I usually have a copy of birth certificates in case a passport is lost. Now, if A. was using her mother's passport, since it is still unclear if she took it, I could see the airline asking for another form of photo id, but not a birth certificate, since a bc wouldn't have what they were looking for. I just don't think it happened.

And to his own four daughters, who deserve a loving father? I feel so bad for them, and his wife, Stacey, too.

I know, I've been thinking about his family too. How do you, as the wife already dealing with the emotional and financial turmoil, explain to your little girls what's happening and where their daddy is?

I know, I've been thinking about his family too. How do you, as the wife already dealing with the emotional and financial turmoil, explain to your little girls what's happening and where their daddy is?

It must be incredibly humiliating for the wife and embarrassing and hurtful for the girls, especially the girl that was close friends with AY. The sense of betrayal must be awful.

I'm thinking the birth certificate question at the ticket counter must not have actually happened, because it just doesn't make any sense. They wouldn't need to ask for her birth certificate if they have her passport, all that information is on the passport and you can't have gotten a passport without a bc. I travel internationally with my son and have never had to have anything other than passport. Though I usually have a copy of birth certificates in case a passport is lost. Now, if A. was using her mother's passport, since it is still unclear if she took it, I could see the airline asking for another form of photo id, but not a birth certificate, since a bc wouldn't have what they were looking for. I just don't think it happened.

If I am not mistaken, the ticket counter incident was rumor, and again, if I am not mistaken, false. That was discussed a few pages back and I don't have time to check right now.

There is some confusion about the passport, but I checked the TSA website to determine what are the valid forms of ID for air travel.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

I don't see AY passing for someone her mother's age so I am personally going to assume that AY was traveling on her own passport. You are free to draw your own conclusions. Maybe we will get better information from the press conference.

I'm sure she used her own passport to board a plane to Dallas. The passport is never scanned unless you are flying out of the country.

Most children over the age of 14 or 15 can fly without a parent or guardian which makes me wonder if they waited until after her 16 birthday this past December to make plans to fly.

It must be incredibly humiliating for the wife and embarrassing and hurtful for the girls, especially the girl that was close friends with AY. The sense of betrayal must be awful.

Exactly! The sense of betrayal is why I am so worried for AY. I get the sense she built her life around this family, heck, she didn't even want to be with her own family on Christmas. She wanted to be with this family, to be with KE.

Now that she's betrayed this family, she's destroyed the life she had and things cannot go back now. She may see no reason to return because she ruined what her life was like. She's too young and naive to see that she can rebuild her life, that the things that are important to you at 16yo don't/ won't matter in a few years. She doesn't know she can find real love not exploited for a perverts sickness, she doesn't know he is using her, she doesn't know that even though she doesn't have a father that she can build a meaningful life and surround herself with people that will love her for who she is and be there for her like a father would.

I'm going into a rant now. I could keep going but I'll stop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member