PA - Accused killer and rapist Michael Burham escapes from Warren County Prison using tied bed sheets, Captured, July 8, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure how valid a lead this is but...

https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/4...-dog-killed-hours-after-michael-burham-escape

Just hours after suspected killer Michael Burham escaped the Warren County Jail, a couple in Busti, NY reported a burglary, just 16 miles North of where Burham escaped.

The couple says they believe they previously had seen Burham living in their neighbor's vacant house in May after he was suspected of killing a Jamestown woman.

"Michael knew the people and moved out of the house because he used to come there and play cards at card parties," said Harold Lobb, a victim of the burglary, who recounted when he first saw Burham in May. "That's how he knew the house was vacant."

"Warren County Crime Stoppers also announced that a reward of up to $2,000 is available...."

This article is confusing me. Does this mean he was under video surveillance while in the recreation yard but the footage was only reviewed after an inmate informed jail staff of the escape?

Then it says "at 11:26 pm he was observed standing on the machine, and also says county dispatch was notified at 11:26 pm. So, if that is the time they reviewed footage and notified county, what is the actual time he escaped?

Do I just need more coffee, lol? :p MOO

[...]

Jail staff said another inmate advised them Burham had escaped.

“Upon reviewing camera footage, (Burham) was observed walking in and out of his jail cell, block b. Other inmates were also observed walking in and out of (Burham’s) jail cell,” according to the affidavit.

The affidavit indicates Burham was observed with three other defendants in the jail’s gum at 10:41 p.m. “While three inmates were seated on the ground talking, (Burham) was observed walking around the yard.”

Police allege in the affidavit that at 11:26 p.m. Burham “was observed standing on a pull up machine” and “exited the yard through a metal gated roof. After escaping from the yard, (Burham) tied a rope which consisted of multiple sheets tied together. (Burham) then tied said rope from the roof and allows it to hang on a portico.

“(Burham) slid down the rope, landing on the portico, and jumped from the portico to the ground. He then took off on foot.”

[...]

This article is confusing me. Does this mean he was under video surveillance while in the recreation yard but the footage was only reviewed after an inmate informed jail staff of the escape?

Then it says "at 11:26 pm he was observed standing on the machine, and also says county dispatch was notified at 11:26 pm. So, if that is the time they reviewed footage and notified county, what is the actual time he escaped?

Do I just need more coffee, lol? :p MOO

[...]

Jail staff said another inmate advised them Burham had escaped.

“Upon reviewing camera footage, (Burham) was observed walking in and out of his jail cell, block b. Other inmates were also observed walking in and out of (Burham’s) jail cell,” according to the affidavit.

The affidavit indicates Burham was observed with three other defendants in the jail’s gum at 10:41 p.m. “While three inmates were seated on the ground talking, (Burham) was observed walking around the yard.”

Police allege in the affidavit that at 11:26 p.m. Burham “was observed standing on a pull up machine” and “exited the yard through a metal gated roof. After escaping from the yard, (Burham) tied a rope which consisted of multiple sheets tied together. (Burham) then tied said rope from the roof and allows it to hang on a portico.

“(Burham) slid down the rope, landing on the portico, and jumped from the portico to the ground. He then took off on foot.”

[...]
A little more detail:
"A review of surveillance video showed that Burham and three other inmates gathered in the gym at 10:41 p.m. local time, according to the complaint and affidavit. At 11:26 p.m., Burham is seen standing on an exercise machine, and then “exited the yard" through a metal-gated roof."

This is the "Michael Burham On the Run FB page.

I am sure we can only post the msm articles and videos from it, but IMO, we can still watch this update right now: it is showing there is another house pursuit going on right now...near the other house on Water St that was declared empty.

Hello can I asked you is there a spot like this link that is 4 a person 2 look up 4 other states just asking if anyone knows the answer please let me know
Varies from one state to another -- put in subjects name along with 'court' or 'arrest' and the state abbr. and hope you get lucky -- if not, try again with 'docket' or 'case'....rinse and repeat....

JUL 9, 2023

Ugh, I can hardly hear...
  • LE requests that residents be vigilant and report anything suspicious to them.
  • Also that they secure their homes, cars, and businesses, and not allow him easy access to supplies or a vehicle to escape in.
  • Stockpiles of supplies have been found at campsites; they are not disclosing where.
  • "It's hard to say what his mindset is or if anyone is in additional danger. I do think that not only him, but anyone in his situation, would become more desperate over time."

Last edited:
JUL 9, 2023
In the search for murder suspect Michael Burham, Pennsylvania State Police on Sunday said they've found stockpiles of supplies and campsites that they believe are connected to Burham.

However, state police declined to say where they found them. The manhant has expanded to Allegheny National Forest, which is south of Warren, where he escaped from the county jail.

"It supports what we've said all along that he's prepared, as a survivalist in the past, and tried to be ready, if you will, to spend time in the woods," Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said during a Sunday afternoon news conference.

[...]

MURDER: Burham is a suspect in the death of 34-year-old Kala Hodgkin in New York, who was found shot dead in her home on May 11.

RAPE: Burham had an active arrest warrant for rape at the time of Hodgkin’s killing. He has not been charged in the case at this time.

BURGLARY & ARSON: The inmate was arrested on burglary and arson charges in May after police said he broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home and set her car on fire.

KIDNAPPING: Authorities said Burham fled the area by kidnapping an elderly Pennsylvania couple at gunpoint and led authorities on a multi-state manhunt.

• State Police said there may be individuals assisting Burham.
  • That the case is receiving national attention is good for the investigation.
  • In the event he is able to make it out of the Warren area, they want people to recognize him and promptly contact LE.
  • In the past 24 hours crews have searched numerous residences, abandoned structures and vast wooded areas., this indicates he may still be in the area.
  • “As a result of those searches we have located some small stock piles or camp sites in wooded areas in the general vicinity in warren and we believe these sites are associated with Burham,” said Lieutenant Colonel George Bivens of the Pennsylvania State Police.

Last edited:
So my understanding so far (most of which is from the Probable Cause document) is that:
- MB had an active arrest warrant out for the rape of Kala Hodgkin (his ex-girlfriend) at the time he killed her. (I don't know the date of the alleged rape.)
- shortly before her murder, Kala contacted LE to say that MB tried to break into her home and had set her car on fire.
- in the early hours of May 11 MB allegedly shot Kala to death in Youngstown NY.

- May 11 MB returned a vehicle that he rented in Warren PA and checked out of his hotel.
- May 20 a woman reported her parents missing from their home in Sheffield PA (they lived on the main road between Warren and Sheffield). PA State Police issued a Missing/Endangered Persons alert.
- May 21 South Carolina Hwy Patrol contacted PA State Patrol indicating that they located the missing couple in a cemetery in North Charlestown SC.
- May 22 MB arrested
- July 6 MB escaped from jail in Warren PA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back