Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacquie - have you heard anything at all about where the DA stands on this case? I'm torn. Part of me wants to write to him to urge him to bring charges, but at the same time, I'm positive that this is on his radar. He's very good at his job, so my default is to assume he's holding off for a reason.
My working theory is that LE has little evidence of Anna being dead other than no signs of activity nor evidence of any other crime with Anna as a victim thus no one can be charged for anything related to Anna at this point. If somehow someone manages to find her body I would expect things to change rather quickly.

Thus my working theory has been that Anna was killed somewhere away from her home. I have been hopeful that LE had pulled phone records for both Anna and her husband, pulled GPS information from her vehicle, determined where her vehicle traveled and when, and pulled cellular tower records from the area in those time frames and identified any other phones in the vicinity that also show up elsewhere - making it a bit of a needle in a haystack problem.

I have also been optimistic that when Anna's vehicle was found that cadaver dogs were brought in to check the vehicle. You can try to clean a vehicle all you want but the scent of a body will get into places that are simply inaccessible without taking the car apart. Thus my working theory that had Anna been killed elsewhere (or at home if I am wrong) her body was not transported in that vehicle and that would mean that either Anna met someone at a location where she was killed and then her vehicle was driven to Charlestown Meadows or Anna met someone at Charlestown Meadows and was driven to where she would be killed in another vehicle.

Since LE had brought in dogs when they conducted the search at the house I assume they were cadaver dogs and very possibly the same cadaver dogs that were used in finding the young men that were killed and buried in Bucks County as the dogs had been used there just the day (or two) prior. With that in mind, my expectation is that the dogs did not hit at the house and thus Anna was not likely killed there. If the dogs had hit on anything that search would not have ended as quickly as it did.

And just to finish the thought, I believe that what Anna's husband described about Anna leaving the house and what she was like was true only that it did not happen on April 10th but rather on March 29th and likely not in the morning. This by no means excludes the most likely suspect only that in my theory there is another individual involved and, for my theory, that person is the one that actually killed Anna. While I believe law enforcement knows who this individual is they lack the probable cause to pursue it properly.

Absent any new information from LE I am highly unlikely to change my focus on where to find Anna - which would be a relatively easy to access place with remote characteristics such as park and nature areas or along roads less traveled. I doubt highly that Anna was buried, or covered/hidden. She is likely within 50 to 100 feet at most of a path, trail, or road.

I could be wrong about all of this but that is, and has been, my thinking on this case.

Jacquie1, Am I correct in reading that PSP contacted the husband first, as in he did not contact them? What were his comments on the Finding Anna page?

Trying to answer all your questions with what I know.

Yes, police contacted the husband after Voya & her parents called them. They went to the house on a welfare check, Husband then told them he has not seen her since April 10 when she left for work.

Jacquie - have you heard anything at all about where the DA stands on this case? I'm torn. Part of me wants to write to him to urge him to bring charges, but at the same time, I'm positive that this is on his radar. He's very good at his job, so my default is to assume he's holding off for a reason.

I have thought of starting a petition to demand a grand jury be convened to hand down an indictment.

As far as I know, he has never commented on the Finding Anna page. His mother has, but not him.

The Husband DID comment on the page at the very beginning. (Since deleted posts)
Yes, screen shots do exist.

Encouraging to see people continuing interest in Anna. I agree with others recent timeline posted helpful and appreciated. I too am curious to what level devices incorporating locations have been investigated - cell phones, laptops, cars. Any chance FitBit or similiar device used? I don't recall any mention of Anna's phone found or not. Potential grey area of phone kept charged with texts generated over course of time. Was there communication activity to others than work or family in Poland?
There was mention of a maid. Was there any change to her schedule over time?
Do the homes have alarms and are there records showing when set and unset, possibly showing unusual activity?
Unfortunately, more questions than answers however best we persist.

RBBM

What the neighbors told PSP about the husband removing trash from the condo every Wednesday night really bothers me .... Could this be why Anna has not been found yet ... :(?

Would I be correct in assuming that he never did this prior to late March, around the time Anna was last seen alive?

I am also wondering if LE confiscated whatever he took out on Apr.19th.

It breaks my heart that Anna’s son is no longer attending Polish lessons - clearly, something that was very important to his mom.

Last (4/19) was 11 bags. Yes, ELEVEN.

I actually took what you had put in bold to mean that even though they hadn't been living at the condo for a long time trash was still being regularly put out every week but that all stopped after April 19th not that after all the time the condo was empty and after Anna had disappeared that Anna's husband started putting trash out at the condo. My reason being that it is likely that the condo fees included trash removal and that they were putting trash out at the condo rather than at home where there is a reasonable bet that they would have to contract a private trash hauler and be paying for trash removal at two locations.

But that also raises the question of what is happening with the condo. For some reason I was under the impression that the condo was Anna's i.e. in her name only. Now, if that were the case I can imagine that if the fees hadn't been paid the condo management would take court action against Anna and get judgments or if taxes weren't paid the county would take action. Has anyone paid for access to Chester County court records to see if there has been any court activity related to that property or Anna?

Otherwise I have to assume that her husband is paying the fees even though he may not have any ownership interest in the property. Though that would also mean he is paying twice for garbage which would be contrary to prior behavior. My guess is that Anna does not have a will i.e. Intestate. As such, any property of hers would default to her spouse so there is an incentive to keep up with any payments or fees or taxes to preserve the asset value despite Anna not being declared dead as that eventuality seems extremely likely in this case. My presumption is that Anna's husband is operating under the advice of his attorney (or attorneys) and that is possibly the reason he no longer puts out trash at the condo since he isn't the owner (yet).

Hopefully Jacquie can resolve the description of the condo trash situation.

Trash was disposed of at both the condo AND his home up until 4/19. After that, just his home.
4/19 disposal at condo was 11 bags. A lot for someone who doesn’t live there.

I'd also like to add, recently Chandra Levy case again aired. Her remains were found near if not even in an area which had been searched, year later. A case in MT some time back involved transient workers abducting a jogger leaving behind a running shoe. No other evidence or witnesses. Guys were tracked down in part because they returned shovel they purchased to bury victim in shallow grave miles away. Both cases continued for some time but things did eventually come together. Hope is same will happen here.

I actually took what you had put in bold to mean that even though they hadn't been living at the condo for a long time trash was still being regularly put out every week but that all stopped after April 19th not that after all the time the condo was empty and after Anna had disappeared that Anna's husband started putting trash out at the condo. My reason being that it is likely that the condo fees included trash removal and that they were putting trash out at the condo rather than at home where there is a reasonable bet that they would have to contract a private trash hauler and be paying for trash removal at two locations.

But that also raises the question of what is happening with the condo. For some reason I was under the impression that the condo was Anna's i.e. in her name only. Now, if that were the case I can imagine that if the fees hadn't been paid the condo management would take court action against Anna and get judgments or if taxes weren't paid the county would take action. Has anyone paid for access to Chester County court records to see if there has been any court activity related to that property or Anna?

Otherwise I have to assume that her husband is paying the fees even though he may not have any ownership interest in the property. Though that would also mean he is paying twice for garbage which would be contrary to prior behavior. My guess is that Anna does not have a will i.e. Intestate. As such, any property of hers would default to her spouse so there is an incentive to keep up with any payments or fees or taxes to preserve the asset value despite Anna not being declared dead as that eventuality seems extremely likely in this case. My presumption is that Anna's husband is operating under the advice of his attorney (or attorneys) and that is possibly the reason he no longer puts out trash at the condo since he isn't the owner (yet).

Encouraging to see people continuing interest in Anna. I agree with others recent timeline posted helpful and appreciated. I too am curious to what level devices incorporating locations have been investigated - cell phones, laptops, cars. Any chance FitBit or similiar device used? I don't recall any mention of Anna's phone found or not. Potential grey area of phone kept charged with texts generated over course of time. Was there communication activity to others than work or family in Poland?
There was mention of a maid. Was there any change to her schedule over time?
Do the homes have alarms and are there records showing when set and unset, possibly showing unusual activity?
Unfortunately, more questions than answers however best we persist.

Anna owned both an iPhone and Apple Watch. The husband stated she left the iPhone at home (for iOS updating) when she left for work.
Unknown as to the location of the Apple Watch. I believe it was also in the Home (not 100% on that I must say)

Thanks for iPhone/Apple watch info. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't both need be within proximity for phone to work through watch?
How about purchase transactions? Can time gap from end of March into April, up to 10th, be explained, on way or another, for day-to-day purchases by Anna? So many people today using bank card of sorts for transactions from coffee to gas to groceries. Are records known when activity ceased?

Thanks for iPhone/Apple watch info. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't both need be within proximity for phone to work through watch?
How about purchase transactions? Can time gap from end of March into April, up to 10th, be explained, on way or another, for day-to-day purchases by Anna? So many people today using bank card of sorts for transactions from coffee to gas to groceries. Are records known when activity ceased?

All I can say is, yes.

If trash was being put out at the condo on a regular basis after Anna went missing, I wonder if the trash cans, bath tub, basement and other areas of the condo were checked with Luminol for trace blood evidence?

If trash was being put out at the condo on a regular basis after Anna went missing, I wonder if the trash cans, bath tub, basement and other areas of the condo were checked with Luminol for trace blood evidence?

We can only hope!

Which brings up another question - Was there ever a search warrant executed on the condo?

Which brings up another question - Was there ever a search warrant executed on the condo?

And I would guess that is one of the million dollar questions. More than enough time has passed that an educated individual could have done a really good cleaning job, or employed the services of a "cleaner" from the dark web.

Absent any new information from LE I am highly unlikely to change my focus on where to find Anna - which would be a relatively easy to access place with remote characteristics such as park and nature areas or along roads less traveled. I doubt highly that Anna was buried, or covered/hidden. She is likely within 50 to 100 feet at most of a path, trail, or road.

Running with this theory and just looking at a map of the vicinity of Anna’s house and condo complex where the car was found, can anyone local describe what Marsh Creek is. Is it accessible, do they have walking trails there and also any idea if it is patrolled at night?

And I would guess that is one of the million dollar questions. More than enough time has passed that an educated individual could have done a really good cleaning job, or employed the services of a "cleaner" from the dark web.
I wonder about whether a search was conducted there because if Anna alone owned that condo then LE would be able to define a reasonable justification (which is the requirement for probable cause) to search that condo and no one could intervene to stop such a search. On the other hand, if her husband's name was on the condo then a search could be prevented. Knowing the ownership of the condo, legally (not based on what people think) would answer part of it. The conundrum would be if Anna was the sole owner and LE did not search the condo.

Which leads me to other questions while on the subject of the condo. What is the security situation at the condo? Is there key card or code punch door access? Are there surveillance cameras?

We have heard that her husband came to the condo on Wednesdays and took out trash ("like clockwork") so that means that on March 29th, April 5th, April 12th and April 19th would be the Wednesdays. Unless there is a misinterpretation and trash is picked up on Wednesdays during the day that the trash is actually put out on the Tuesday night before which moves each date back a day. March 29th is my focus date (and I suppose for others as well) since there is no known contact with Anna or can be verified to be Anna on or after this date.

When I think about what has been said about Anna's communications, change in plans on trip to Poland - almost as if she was winging it, and "negotiating" the deadline of goals that were due, days off, etc. It leads me to believe that something was already a big stress in her life outside of work and seemingly there was some amount of understanding of this by her employer. I suppose it could be attributed to her parents' health issues but my concern has been that something else was afoot within that household. What I am curious to know is when did that all start? Obviously, it was already in motion prior to her disappearance. I just get the impression that there was an additional cause of (dis)stress in the near-term prior to her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member