Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally I thought backing in was odd; however, after I thought about it I realized if I was waiting for someone I would back in. So I could watch for the other person. This applies to both waiting for someone who knew I was waiting for them and I was waiting for someone who did not know I was waiting for them...

I agree that it's either this or so that the license plate would be hidden. I believe it was mentioned that she didn't typically park this way or well? That might be a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the originally organized volunteer search this weekend was changed to door-to-door as opposed to in the woods, does anyone know if the police are searching in the woods this weekend (instead of the volunteers)? Or was it called off entirely?

Since the originally organized volunteer search this weekend was changed to door-to-door as opposed to in the woods, does anyone know if the police are searching in the woods this weekend (instead of the volunteers)? Or was it called off entirely?

i drove by where we were supposed to search (at the time we were going to search) and saw NO ONE there. To say I am frustrated is an understatement!

i drove by where we were supposed to search (at the time we were going to search) and saw NO ONE there. To say I am frustrated is an understatement!

Here's hoping LE knows something that would lead them to believe a search there would be futile.

Hopefully because the police have information leading them somewhere else.

Another point I want to touch on was the backed in parking. I always back in for a couple different reasons- 1) I worked for a company that drilled into employee's heads that we should always back in or pull through for safety reasons, and 2) one of my vehicles is a one ton flatbed pickup truck and it is easier to back into a space and let the tail end of the truck hang out over the sidewalk, grass, etc. behind the truck. My other car is very similar in size to an Audi A4 and a stick, and I find that just as easy to back in, especially since I have been doing it for over 10 years. And yes, I am a woman.

On a side note, has anyone checked out the website for an attorney mentioned in an above article? The first thing that pulls up is online is what his specialty is.

Another point I want to touch on was the backed in parking. I always back in for a couple different reasons- 1) I worked for a company that drilled into employee's heads that we should always back in or pull through for safety reasons, and 2) one of my vehicles is a one ton flatbed pickup truck and it is easier to back into a space and let the tail end of the truck hang out over the sidewalk, grass, etc. behind the truck. My other car is very similar in size to an Audi A4 and a stick, and I find that just as easy to back in, especially since I have been doing it for over 10 years. And yes, I am a woman.

On a side note, has anyone checked out the website for an attorney mentioned in an above article? The first thing that pulls up is online is what his specialty is.

can you please post link? I don't think I've seen the lawyers name

Uh-huh...thanks for bringing our attention to this; it is very interesting!

When she texted her office that she would be sick for the next week, where was the ping coming from???

Also, is the husband Polish or American? Perhaps he was worried she'd take their son to Poland and never return. Have there been any reports of marital strife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a woman and I would back into a parking spot if there were lots of empty spots and I was perhaps waiting for someone, like say I was meeting someone for lunch or coffee or whatever....and I wanted to see when they pulled into the parking lot. Maybe she was meeting someone/waiting for someone in that parking lot?

I don't think it should be looked at necessarily as "a woman never backs in" so a man must have been driving.. In my opinion it's more of a "backing the car in so you cant see license plate". I live 5 miles from where the car was found, and in PA we don't require front license plates (I don't know how common that is among states, I do know CA for example does require front license plates) if we are looking at this as If a horrible crime was committed, I honestly can't imagine the thought of the driver (assuming it was not Anna) was "oh I'll just park how I always park" and not more along the lines of "park so it doesn't get found quickly"

My sister backs in to every spot. Every. Single. Spot. Drives me nuts! Lol. But people would know if she normally does or not. That's what matters.

Also- in door to doors.... look at the doorbell. I have a doorbell that takes a 31 second video when someone comes. It is motion activated. But it's triggered every time a car passes. Some save, mine erase after 12 hours unless I save. But, I usually watch them! So even if it is erased, someone could have seen an activation video. My night videos are almost clearer than my day, so that's good news. Mine has a glowing blue ring at night. So if someone drives around at night, you can spot people who have them easily. It's worth a try!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Daniels said state police attempted to contact her family that day and her husband Allen Gould, 52, cooperated with state police when he reported his wife missing and provided them with “valuable information.” He said most recently that state police are continuing to attempt to work with Gould through his attorney.

Maciejewska’s family was not present at the press conference. She is a mother of a 4-year-old son. Through his attorney, Evan Kelly of West Chester, Gould declined comment to the Daily Local News.

http://www.dailylocal.com/general-n...-caused-the-disappearance-of-anna-maciejewska

Is it typical in a case like this for the spouse to have lawyered-up/be communicating with LE thru a lawyer?

Does anyone know what Anna's husband does fora living? Just curious.

Anna's friends are doing a truly amazing job of trying to find her. Very well organized, and they really are doing everything they can. Speaks volumes as to what kind of person Anna is. She has so many who very much care about her.

I'm very hopeful that their flyer distribution efforts in Charlestown Meadows are going to pay off. Quite possibly, the Audi was caught being driven into the development community by a security camera. The likely challenge is going to be that footages have already been erased, and even if someone saw something on a recording -e.g., a driver struggling to back into a spot in the middle of the night-, they would probably have a hard time remembering the date at this point. Hopefully, someone did see the car being parked in a video, thought it was suspicious, and saved it. If it shows which direction the driver went upon exiting the vehicle, or if s/he was picked up by another car, etc., that would be great.

And to at least to start with, I would focus on the period of Apr. 10 to 16 (glad we now know it was there by then, though personally, I believe it was probably there by the 10th or 11th).

Another thing I really would like to know is whether the text that was sent from Anna's phone to wish her dad a happy birthday was in Polish, and even if it was, if her dad replied or tried to engage in a conversation, did the sender reply? Or was it just a "Happy Birthday!" or some other generic greeting and that was it?

Last but not least, thanks for joining us here on WS, Dorota!

:welcome:

I believe he's an actuary/accountant
He's an actuary. Look him up on Soa.org web site. Apparently, he works for an insurance company, but what's interesting is that his business profile lists his home address. This is usually the case when a person is out of work, otherwise people usually list their business address. Maybe he's working from home, not from an office? That would explain him being at home at 9:45am on the day Anna disappeared.

http://www.dailylocal.com/general-n...-caused-the-disappearance-of-anna-maciejewska

Is it typical in a case like this for the spouse to have lawyered-up/be communicating with LE thru a lawyer?

Personally, if a person I was married to or in a committed relationship with were to go missing, the moment LE started asking me questions, I would go find myself a good, capable criminal defense attorney. I just think that's the prudent thing to do.

Having said that, I would definitely be making pleas to the public, attend all press conferences with LE, request MSM coverage, use SM to spread awareness, and provide to LE certain documents and items, such as phone records and my or the missing person's -if left at home- phone.

The types of things I would not feel comfortable allowing without counsel would be answering questions, providing statements, searches of my home, vehicle, etc.

Whether or not to look for the person/participate in searches ... that's a tough one, IMO. I mean, how could anyone not want to do that? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night not knowing at least they were OK. I would be spending every moment looking for them. So I know some LE and search organizations-e.g., TES- discourage family members from searching themselves, but at the very least, I would be at every search location, IMO.

I would cooperate as much as possible within reason, but I think I would also feel the need to protect not only myself but my children as well.

The use of the word "attempt" by the LE spokesperson here is somewhat telling, though, IMO:
"(S)tate police are continuing to attempt to work with Gould through his attorney."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1