PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah. Once he left the secure area, it seems like they just washed their hands of him. He had no weapons, and he was no immediate threat.

Except he was, and it appears they didn’t pass on the word.
The article posted earlier said they lost him that was probably when he went to his car. The picked him back up as he was crawling on the roof is my understanding. If he had his weapon and was an obvious threat I would like to think he would be followed to his car.

There is a lot about what went clearly wrong in the SS Coverage of Trump.
The Shooter was OUTSIDE of the SS defined security zone. It was assumed that local LE was covering this zone. What a sad misunderstanding. Local LE were inside that building when the shooting went down.

JMO

Interested in learning if the "explosive device" was viable... how would you know how to do that and not leave a trace a search on how to or a book checked out from the library does such a thing exist? ) ?

I think he had another device that he disposed of before his big day. One that he used to look up anything to do with this crime. Likely dark web access as well.

Trump security boosted weeks ago over Iran plot to kill him

How does this square with the lack of ample and prepared security on Saturday? The focus should be on the fractured protection that evening.

Why are they saying this to the public to begin with? How does Iran fit here? Are they saying that TC has ties to Iran? If not there isn’t any reason to redirect the focus.

Am I missing something?

those extra sniper agents made a difference in my opinion , makes it sound like they would not have been there prior... eek.
From every diagram linked in this thread there were only 2 sharp shooters stationed at the event, yet the roof the shooter was on was indicated to be a security threat and as it turns out is exactly where the shooter took his shot. Sounds like a massive failure to me especially since the SS knew there was a legitimate threat of assassination to the former President.
I personally feel a few things on this, I think we are talking minutes and the communication was being passed, however I think DT would be very angry being taken offstage for a non event , they needed to take care of the issue behind the scenes. they had not seen a gun at that point from my understanding. JMO
He's been interrupted before by SS. Saw it on the news, no link but I will see if I can find it. It was a momentary action where SS surrounded him while he was standing. He paused talking and then in a flash I guess it was determined that the perceived threat was not a threat. All resumed as usual. Like I said I will look for a link but with this recent attempt I may have to weed through a few/more than a few feeds.

As the suspect was ousted, the audience cheered "Trump," and the barely fazed billionaire gave two thumbs up and quipped: "I was ready for him, but it’s much easier if the cops do it."

It was the first time at one of Trump's events that agents had to swarm the stage in such a manner.
ETA Add link

Last edited:
They probably thought he was a smart azz, bringing something like binoculars, wondering if they would pick it up. To @MassGuy or anyone else, would there be any value in his gauging the shooting site from the target spot? Ie reverse range finding? It was way before trump got there, he was probably free to get up on the stage to approach that back bleacher.

How does this square with the lack of ample and prepared security on Saturday? The focus should be on the fractured protection that evening.

Why are they saying this to the public to begin with? How does Iran fit here? Are they saying that TC has ties to Iran? If not there isn’t any reason to redirect the focus.

Am I missing something?

My thought is that this is being said because, since there was an apparent threat related to Iran, Trump's Secret Service coverage had already been upped for that reason. And, yet, some 20-year-old unknown was able to be seen by security as suspicious, climb on a roof, & get shots off. In spite of "enhanced" security already (supposedly) in place due to the possible Iran threat.

Imo.

The Comperatore family has heard from Biden but not Trump

Helen told the Post that President Joe Biden tried to call her, but she declined to speak to him since her husband “was a devout Republican, and he would not have wanted me to talk to him.”

But she added that she does not hold the current president responsible for what happened to her family.

“I don’t have any ill will towards Joe Biden,” she said. “I’m not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump, that’s who I’m voting for, but I don’t have ill-will towards Biden.”

“He didn’t do anything to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did,” she continued.

The family has not heard from Trump, she added.

The shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, 20, has virtually zero online footprint. He has no known TikTok, Instagram or Snapchat. No has no friends who've come forward.

And like other US assassins in history, his politics are ambiguous. He was a registered Republican and described by a classmate as 'definitely conservative'. Yet Mr Crooks also donated a small sum to a progressive movement in 2021.

Dr Rachel Toles, a licensed clinical psychologist based in California, who specializes in the study of violent criminals told DailyMail.com that politics may have had little to do with the shooting - as astonishing as that may seem.

From her experience, Dr Toles said that people in these scenarios often suffer from an extremely damaged ego, and have a desire to take out someone who has what they most covet - which could be success, popularity or good looks.

It's possible that former President Trump could've represented something Mr Crooks deeply desired - fame, success or respect.

'Trump gets more attention than anyone on the planet.

'And now we're talking about an invisible kid who no one talked to in school unless they were kind of picking on him,' Dr Toles said.

She added: 'So we're talking about somebody who feels incredibly invisible, and he's targeting the most visible man on the planet.

-Both Dr Kardaras and Dr Toles believe these killers share more in common with mass shooters than serial killers or people who kill someone in their personal life.

Serial killers tend to be motivated by an internal drive to dominate and hunt other humans - and tend to have high self esteem, Dr Toles said.

By contrast - people who try to shoot political figures or take a gun to a school usually are doing so in order to get attention.

-Dr Kardaras said the political assassin normally falls into two categories - those driven by the idea that their actions will make large political or social change and those who are driven by the idea that murdering someone will make them 'immortal'.

Both are likely to have some sort of mental health issue - be it delusions, depression or paranoia.

I keep coming back to the influences in his childhood.

I cant find the link now, but it is reported that he played two well known 'first shooter' video games.

I truly do think these violent first shooter video games can influence behavior.

JMO
I agree with your point, but millions of others play these violent games and aren’t influenced to go out and kill people.
I liked the way this former FBI Profiler describes it -

“This guy is one of these almost invisible people that are out there,” he said. “They’re not on social media. They’re not screaming or yelling about this or that. They’re ruminating about it internally — whatever it might be. And they just decide to do this, which scares the hell out of all of us in law enforcement.”

“Some people say it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack,” he added. “That’s not really it. A better way to think about it is to try and predict which piece of hay is going to become a needle.”

I agree with your point, but millions of others play these violent games and aren’t influenced to go out and kill people.

“This guy is one of these almost invisible people that are out there,” he said. “They’re not on social media. They’re not screaming or yelling about this or that. They’re ruminating about it internally — whatever it might be. And they just decide to do this, which scares the hell out of all of us in law enforcement.”

“Some people say it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack,” he added. “That’s not really it. A better way to think about it is to try and predict which piece of hay is going to become a needle.”

Agree, but this does seem to be a common denominator.

This is the true danger of the 'Lone Shooter". How do we identify them before they strike?

JMO

I strongly believe he was using a VPN to research.

millions of others play these violent games and aren’t influenced to go out and kill people.

RSBM.

I agree. I will add that millions worldwide play these games & there are even e-sports teams. I really don't think gaming (if that's even a factor in this case) has anything to do with it. Imo.

Kind of like millions of people read horror books or watch horror movies or read & comment on all the details of crimes right here on Websleuths but don't go out & kill people based on what they have read or seen.

MOO.

Devils advocate here ...
The secret service has a job, to protect DT life. The secret service did that job. His protection is their goal, everything outside of the bubble landed on the other Law Enforcement who may or may not have been prepared for an event of this type. I am not going to toss LE under the bus. There is no telling what they managed to prevent from happening.
I view it like a solar system DT was the center, SS was protecting that center each outer ring was back up teams. The life that mattered the most in that moment was DT (from a protection standpoint) and he left alive.

Just my opinion.

the only reason the victim left alive was because he turned his head which the SS had no part in
was the sniper local LE or SS?

Last edited:
I strongly believe he was using a VPN to research.
Can the FBI track you through a VPN?

The FBI and other law enforcement agencies cannot track encrypted VPN traffic, even if they have a court order. However, they may force your internet service provider (ISP) to disclose your connection and usage logs, which will show that you use a VPN

The widow of the slain victim in Saturday’s shooting in Pennsylvania spoke with former President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday, she said in a social media post.

“He was very kind and said he would continue to call me in the days and weeks ahead,” Helen Comperatore wrote, adding that she had told the former president that her husband, Corey Comperatore, “left this world a hero, and God welcomed him in.”

Mr. Comperatore’s sister, Kelly Comperatore Meeder, said members of the family had also spoken with representatives of the Trump campaign on Monday night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm
Back