PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this map confuses me
where is the building Crooks was on?
The red triangle, labeled "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight" points to where the map maker thought he was laying.
(Not sure about that title ... The shooter's surname is Crooks and the city is Butler.)
But alrighty then !

However in one of the victim's videos, TC was over to the right side and TC's head has slightly to the right of the former president Trump, in the clip.
Imo.

The haunting clip was taken by James Copenhaver who, moments later, was himself critically injured in the shooting in Butler, Pennsylvania on July 13.
Three minutes after the bombshell video was taken Thomas Crooks, 20, unleashed a hail of eight bullets, hitting both Trump and Copenhaver.

The red triangle, labeled "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight" points to where the map maker thought he was laying.
(Not sure about that title ... The shooter's surname is Crooks and the city is Butler.)
But alrighty then !

However in one of the victim's videos, TC was over to the right side and TC's head has slightly to the right of the former president Trump, in the clip.
Imo.

The haunting clip was taken by James Copenhaver who, moments later, was himself critically injured in the shooting in Butler, Pennsylvania on July 13.
Three minutes after the bombshell video was taken Thomas Crooks, 20, unleashed a hail of eight bullets, hitting both Trump and Copenhaver.

ok ty well that's just confusing calling him a sniper too

There's a few interesting things in this slide...
7593870_web1_ptr-trumpchrono---aerial-view-AGR-International-Inc.jpg

...that's slightly modified* from the version in the After Action assessment doc

The 3rd local counter sniper who had to leave early texted that TC was sitting at the picnic table, and I believe we can just barely see it at the Building 4 end of the "horizontal" sidewalk from the small parking lot.

Did the 3rd sniper walk along the "diagonal" sidewalk when he bailed? If so doesn't it seem like he woulda spoken to TC?

* most likely reason for modification = one or the other is corrected, cuz the only difference I see is the location of the "square" symbol labeled BCESU sniper. In the doc (the symbol and the) BCESU sniper are next to the "Uniformed Patrol Meets" label.

FWIW the picnic table can be seen a little better in a drone video at 9:10...
...and BTW Spa Guy drives into the smaller lot at the 2:00 minute mark.

one of those buildings had two snipers

The sniper re "Beaver Sniper Line of Sight" = LEO

@zleuther here's another good video, 2nd and 3rd picnic table at 2:53 minute mark...

Hat tip to all the others who've posted videos, I mighta missed this one if already linked in these threads! I think a Spa Guy water tower vid was previously linked, for example.

Last edited:

I love that zucker said that was the most badss thing he has ever seen!

It’s unusual for him to publicly say anything positive about the person he isn’t voting for.

@zleuther here's another good video, 2nd and 3rd picnic table at 2:53 minute mark...

Hat tip to all the others who've posted videos, I mighta missed this one if already linked in these threads! I think a Spa Guy water tower vid was previously linked, for example.

This is not an approved source; however, we will allow this video since it offers good visuals.

There's a few interesting things in this slide...
7593870_web1_ptr-trumpchrono---aerial-view-AGR-International-Inc.jpg

...that's slightly modified* from the version in the After Action assessment doc

The 3rd local counter sniper who had to leave early texted that TC was sitting at the picnic table, and I believe we can just barely see it at the Building 4 end of the "horizontal" sidewalk from the small parking lot.

Did the 3rd sniper walk along the "diagonal" sidewalk when he bailed? If so doesn't it seem like he woulda spoken to TC?

* most likely reason for modification = one or the other is corrected, cuz the only difference I see is the location of the "square" symbol labeled BCESU sniper. In the doc (the symbol and the) BCESU sniper are next to the "Uniformed Patrol Meets" label.

FWIW the picnic table can be seen a little better in a drone video at 9:10...
...and BTW Spa Guy drives into the smaller lot at the 2:00 minute mark.
This is not an approved source; however, we will allow this video since it offers good visuals.

Local counter sniper position in AGR Building 2 (Provided by Senator Chuck Grassley)

...long story short I have a theory that the local counter sniper who left early 99% likely spoke to TC based on his text to the other snipers “knows you guys are up there.” Time will tell. I predict crazy related details.

Another whistleblower comes forward.... Very serious allegations Moo
U.S. Senator Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) sent a letter to Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Rowe following new whistleblower allegations suggesting that the lead site agent at the July 13 Butler, Pa., rally was known to lack competence in the role and failed to implement appropriate security protocols.
......” wrote Senator Hawley. “This is especially alarming because during your testimony on July 30, you stated that this agent was ‘still operational […] They’re still doing protective visits.’ Your refusal to hold this individual accountable is increasingly inexplicable […] I urge you to suspend the lead site agent from all Secret Service duties immediately while these claims are investigated.”

From letter to Rowe, from committee...

One whistleblower with direct knowledge of the event alleges to my office that this lead site agent was well-known in campaign circles as lacking competence and experience in the role. This specific allegation follows similar public reports that this agent was “new” to the local field office and had “relatively little experience.” The whistleblower further alleges that this individual was, as part of securing the site, specifically responsible for line-of-sight concerns.

A separate whistleblower has disclosed to my office that the lead site agent personally made decisions that likely compromised the overall security of the event. First, campaign material such as flags were permitted to be placed around the stage and catwalk used by the former president, despite the fact that these items were typically prohibited because of how they affected the line-of-sight of those agents responsible for identifying threats. Second, the Secret Service did not check IDs when issuing credentials that authorize access to restricted areas of the site, contrary to typical practice. Third, the whistleblower alleges that HomelandSecurity Investigations (HSI) agents at the July 13 event told campaign officials that they had never staffed a rally before and did not know proper procedure. These staffing decisions—such as what personnel to deploy and where—were the responsibility of this lead agent, according to the whistleblower.

These allegations raise serious questions about the lead site agent’s conduct—an individual you have so far refused to hold accountable. On July 30, you said that you will not “put your thumb on the scale,” but by continuing to assign this agent to protective visits in light of serious allegations of incompetence, you are doing exactly that. You are also jeopardizing the security of protectees by allowing this individual to continue working.

I urge you to suspend the lead site agent from all Secret Service duties immediately while these claims are investigated. You must also clarify the following questions to my office as soon as possible, and no later than seven days from now:

Who specifically made the decision to assign this lead site agent to the July 13 rally? On what basis was this decision made?
Were obstructions on the stage and catwalk permitted to be used without evaluating the impact on the line-of-sight for agents responsible for the president’s protection?
Why were credential pins given out without asking for identification?
How specifically do you plan to hold the lead site agent accountable?

Where is your "modified" plan from?
Oops, it is in the After Action assessment, slide 16.

Slide 13 shows the BCESU Sniper at the right end of AGR Building 1, 18:06-18:11*
Slide 16 shows the BCESU Sniper at the upper left end of AGR Building 4, 18:12

* matches Slide 6 "[prolly LEO Nicol] goes downstairs of building 1 to meet patrol to let them know suspect is around building on side of fairgrounds" 18:06-18:11

FWIW Nicol is easy to spot in one of the youtubes I linked upthread at times that woulda been after the shooting. Also, hindsight 20/20 and all, but why the need for a counter sniper to "meet patrol to let them know" instead of radio or text?

I'da used four AGR Building 2 second floor windows as follows...

1. Counter Sniper 1 window to look out at AGR fence to make sure uncleared spectators don't breach into USSS' crappy security perimeter

2. Counter Sniper 1's rifle has its own window

3. Counter Sniper 2 window to look out at AGR Building 1 roof

4. Counter Sniper 2's rifle has its own window

Wow, oh wow! Thanks @Tricia for approving this video with the best ground coverage of all -- hands down superior to anything by LE. Video also includes interviews by the snipers on MSM Morning Show.

My understanding from the various reporting is that the SS agents who are on President Trump's detail to protect him were not given any information about anyone spotting Crooks on the roof before they allowed President Trump to go to the podium/stage.
ETA So they put not only President Trump in danger, but also the SS agents who protect him. One of them (or more) could have also lost their lives.
IOW not only was SS communication with local LE an utter failure, but they apparently lacked the ability (or desire, take your pick) to communicate among themselves. It's not surprising to me that either of the SS snipers designated "Hercules" or their spotters (or likey all four of them) saw Crooks on the roof long before Trump took the stage. There's an old line used to denote displeasure with situations involving multiple severely negligent safety violations - Are you trying to get someone killed?
  • 5:10 p.m. Crooks was first identified as a person of interest
  • 5:30 p.m. Crooks was spotted pointing a rangefinder at the stage
  • 5:52 p.m. Crooks was spotted on the roof by Secret Service snipers
  • 6:02 p.m. Trump takes the stage
  • 6:12 p.m. Crooks fires first shots
So... were they trying to get someone killed?

Eta Source

Last edited:
The Justice Department has charged a Pakistani man who has alleged ties to the Iranian government with seeking to carry out political assassinations, a case that prompted the US government to increase security for former President Donald Trump and other officials, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday...

The FBI investigated the alleged international murder-for-hire plot in the weeks before a 20-year-old from Pennsylvania nearly assassinated the former president at one of his rallies. A law enforcement official told CNN that investigators have not found evidence that Merchant had any connection to the shooting in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back