PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seems to me the subject 'gear' carried on to the grounds was all contained in the shooter's backpack which was recovered on the rooftop not far from his body. (I saw the backpack photographed with the body and recommend caution when it comes to details by DM).

Reportedly, this would have include the rifle, a remote, range finder, cell phone. I don't recall he was seen with anything else when walking the grounds. Also, I think the bike was early speculation.

I believe his excess ammo was located inside his Hyundai, that like a Van allegedly connected to TC, wasn't discovered until later-- long after the shooting. MOO

ETA: add link 7/18/24

Crooks appeared to spend at least some time preparing for the Trump event. He bought ammunition on the day of the rally, stopping at a gun store in his hometown of Bethel Park to pick up 50 rounds, according to a joint bulletin issued this week by the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which is leading the investigation.

He built three homemade bombs – two found in his car and another in his home, according to the bulletin, which was reviewed by Reuters. In the preceding months, the bulletin noted, Crooks had received “multiple packages, including some marked as possibly containing hazardous material.”
Red and black bolding mine.

Re. the red bolded: Yes, that's what the media showed us.
I wondered if it had been moved ... and maybe the scene should have been handled by forensics professionals and taped off ?
Imo.

Re. the black bolded: I have no argument with that ; however that site is good for photos and videos. It's interesting TC was walking around the merch area.
Speculating here; What if he was further 'casing' what securities had been put into place ?
Imo, TC would want to know if there were counter snipers and where they'd be placed.
All so odd, as he would have presumably known this before taking his shots.
Omo.

Besides the panels of bullet-proof glass around the podium, it sounds like SS have taken other measures to define and safeguard the perimeter. Hopefully, SS will be on top of their game with this first outdoor rally since the assassination attempt. Doing everything they should have done at the Butler rally, but didn't.

Well, they appear to be off to good start in Asheboro atm!

IF SS agents did their planning jobs properly today and if no SS agents slip their post to breastfeed a baby, this could be an outdoor rally without injury or death.

jmo

New article touches a jillion bases...
secret_service_agents_placed_leave_after_trump_assassination_attempt

The biggest question I have is where exactly were the local snipers? Butler DA Goldinger's weird press release said "The other officer remained in the building, on the second floor."

How is that possible unless he was in the second floor bathroom? I'm serious that's the most likely explanation unless Goldinger's blowing smoke, cuz W windows had rallygoers right outside screaming about a gun, S and E windows overlooked the crime scene, and N windows had nothing to look at (take a look outside, see nothing, then return to the post where everybody else expected them to be).

The day before the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, a tactical team of local police officers set aside radios for their Secret Service partners so the two agencies could communicate during the former president’s July 13 campaign rally.

But those radios were never picked up.

The next day, three minutes before shots were fired toward Trump, local police radioed that a man was on a nearby roof. That warning never made it to the Secret Service, whose snipers didn’t know the would-be assassin was on the roof until shots rang out. In the 15 seconds it took for snipers to lock onto and kill the shooter, he was able to fire off eight shots.

Standing over the gunman’s dead body minutes later, a local police officer who responded to the initial warning expressed frustration that his own radio calls about a man on the roof seemed to go unheeded by the other officers.

“That’s what I was *advertiser censored*king calling out bro, *advertiser censored*king ‘On top of the roof,’” the officer said, according to body camera footage. “We’re not – we on the same frequency?”

The group of agents specifically assigned to Trump’s security detail remain in operation, separate sources told RealClear Politics.

The move has sparked internal speculation that the Pittsburgh field office will likely bear the brunt of the blame for the security failures, the sources said.

Fired they should be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back