PA PA - Bear Creek, WhtMale 15-22, 2891UMPA, "Avedon" bracelet, serpent ring, clothes, May'79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
4957DMQC - Jacques Chaput I came across this guy missing from 1977 but he is from Canada.. he has the height and the hair and face that look similar.. so anyway I thought I would post
4957DMQC.jpg

Name: Jacques Chaput
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: October 15, 1977
Location Last Seen: Trois-Rivières, Saint-Maurice County, Quebec, Canada

Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 26, 1960
Race: White
Height: "5'10"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He has a fractured/broken right wrist.
Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Dark green sweater, blue denim pants, t-shirt.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Size 10 shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jacques Chaput was last seen at his home in Trois-Rivières, Quebec.

4957DMQC - Jacques Chaput

I wonder if Larry's brother could be contacted and he could have some insight as to if his brother ever manicured his nails and toes. If he was a snazzy dresser silk shirts pinstripe trousers and wore jewelry. Unless his brother was living some double life I would imagine someone would notice these things no?

Contacting the brother is a good idea if somebody is comfortable doing that. (I'm not, personally.)

I don't think the clothing would require a double life. My brother who was a short-order cook at the time had a nice outfit like that for dates and concerts. The manicured hands would indicate he didn't do hard manual labor and indicates a more middle class/white collar sort of background, but might not be definitive. And he's young enough to have just been a student.

If I had to hypothesize, I'd say he was probably a high school or college student from a moderately prosperous background who went out with friends or on a date, let it be seen he had some money with him, and was subsequently robbed and murdered. I suppose there could have been a drug buy involved.

I don't usually show works in progress, but I will do it now. Something that struck me is, how did they decide he had asian eyes? It doesn't really look like it in the original, but working on the picture it stands out. (And yes, the hair and clothes will be added back later, and yes, I'm only working on changing the colours, nothing else ;) )

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2018-09-28 kl. 13.17.21.png
    Skärmavbild 2018-09-28 kl. 13.17.21.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2018-09-29 kl. 16.21.40.png
    Skärmavbild 2018-09-29 kl. 16.21.40.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 30
I don't usually show works in progress, but I will do it now. Something that struck me is, how did they decide he had asian eyes? It doesn't really look like it in the original, but working on the picture it stands out. (And yes, the hair and clothes will be added back later, and yes, I'm only working on changing the colours, nothing else ;) )
Nice job on the recon AliceinPain!! He has brown hair! Makes a difference! And yes I can totally see the thing about the Asian eyes now.

I think I've emptied my available resources now, and have found no Vedon/Vendon jeweller or designer, engraver etc, the same names born within the likely years are accounted for as far as I could tell, and also no interesting entry in high scool year books (just the same names as the births...)

I also looked for Vendon deaths in case it was the name of his father/ grandfather, the ones I've found seem to have their kids and grandkids accounted for.

Could be a surname.
Could also be he'd stolen the bracelet.
Could even be the person who took his wallet stole his identity.
Still an unusual name, whether Vedon or Vendon.
Idk where to look next...

:(

At the moment I have circled back to Rubin, have found HS photos of a DR in NJ it could be or not be him age and name are both inline but it is so hard to tell.

DRubin.jpg
DRubin1.jpg

Douglas Rubin
Missing since February 23, 1979 from Nassau County, New York
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old (15-20)
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 165 lbs. (5'8-5'10, 180)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Size 13 shoe.
    • Dentals: Available
    • Douglas Rubin was last seen on February 23, 1979. He was attending SUNY Albany at the time. He left Albany late one night. His car was found on the Throgs Neck Bridge, with his wallet and eyeglasses left behind.
      Divers went into the water the following day, but a body has not been found.
*Height and weight is off a bit, only dentals available for the MP

At the moment I have circled back to Rubin, have found HS photos of a DR in NJ it could be or not be him age and name are both inline but it is so hard to tell.

DRubin.jpg
DRubin1.jpg

Douglas Rubin
Missing since February 23, 1979 from Nassau County, New York
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old (15-20)
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 165 lbs. (5'8-5'10, 180)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Size 13 shoe.
    • Dentals: Available
    • Douglas Rubin was last seen on February 23, 1979. He was attending SUNY Albany at the time. He left Albany late one night. His car was found on the Throgs Neck Bridge, with his wallet and eyeglasses left behind.
      Divers went into the water the following day, but a body has not been found.
*Height and weight is off a bit, only dentals available for the MP

Since they found 1 shoe with the John Doe did they ever state the size of that one shoe? I have not been able to find that info. Because Rubin says he has got a size 13.
Speaking of shoes I wonder if the John Doe had 2 pairs of socks because his shoes fit him a bit loose?

Maybe he was only 17 or 18 and all dressed up to go to Prom.
That's a good thought CCJD...oh no I just started thinking...But if he was going to the Prom means he went to school and then didn't show up the next day or for graduation and to pick up his diploma.. wouldn't anyone notice and reported?

That's a good thought CCJD...oh no I just started thinking...But if he was going to the Prom means he went to school and then didn't show up the next day or for graduation and to pick up his diploma.. wouldn't anyone notice and reported?

I actually thought of that but who's to say he was from the immediate area? He was found close enough to major highways to be from anywhere. He got a lot of media coverage but it was all local. Police depts with someone missing from NY, NJ, OH, even within PA but a couple of hundred miles away would likely not even know that this young man had been found.

I actually thought of that but who's to say he was from the immediate area? He was found close enough to major highways to be from anywhere. He got a lot of media coverage but it was all local. Police depts with someone missing from NY, NJ, OH, even within PA but a couple of hundred miles away would likely not even know that this young man had been found.
yes your right..funny I was thinking that later, if he was out of state missing after a Prom who would know in PA.

Guess it's a dead end on the bracelet ... best to press on with the other know clues

I've found two pieces online with VEDON on them, they look like a jeweler's stamp.
If JD's look the same and not engraved/deco style I assume it's the name of the jeweler.
I guess LE found one with that name in New York (state or NYC I wonder?) and that's where that info comes from.
Certainly not a well-known name in the business, and in general a very uncommon name.
I do think it could still be a clue!
I have found no history of jewelers called Vedon or Ve Don, anywhere, in fact hardly even any people with the name, but now at least we know there was one. Very short-lived, very local?

Money clip

Vintage 14K White Gold Lindy Star Sapphire Cufflinks
This guy (on ebay) says they're from around the 1960s. If I can find my ebay account I will contact him and ask if he remembers where he got them from.

vedon1.jpg vedon2.jpg

I've found two pieces online with VEDON on them, they look like a jeweler's stamp.
If JD's look the same and not engraved/deco style I assume it's the name of the jeweler.
I guess LE found one with that name in New York (state or NYC I wonder?) and that's where that info comes from.
Certainly not a well-known name in the business, and in general a very uncommon name.
I do think it could still be a clue!
I have found no history of jewelers called Vedon or Ve Don, anywhere, in fact hardly even any people with the name, but now at least we know there was one. Very short-lived, very local?

Money clip

Vintage 14K White Gold Lindy Star Sapphire Cufflinks
This guy (on ebay) says they're from around the 1960s. If I can find my ebay account I will contact him and ask if he remembers where he got them from.

View attachment 149709 View attachment 149710

Excellent job!

Thank you! :)

I messaged the guy on ebay about the Vedon items, but he didn't know much except his grandfather had bought them in the 60's or 70's and also had a matching ring.
That is a great find! You were able to track down more info than anyone. else on the Vedon jewelry!!! By any chance did he say where his grandfather lived when he got the jewelry or if he was in NY? I keep trying to find the link to NY and have not found anything .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back