GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Bail-Set-at-1-Million-for-Runaway-Mom.html

Here is the link for the bond. Also, the women who lent Bonnie her license,noticed $4000
missing from her account that Bonnie was "checking"

I think we're dealing with a very BIG number here as far as the money stolen. There's probably far more money missing than 1st discovered.

I'm trying hard to bite my tongue about this woman. I have zero tolerance for anyone who would put their children through such an ordeal.:furious:

DO NOT GIVE ME THE 'PPD' SYNDROME. Everyone you see has a 'syndrome' today or a mental defect of some kind. uggggg :rolleyes:

It's just another way for others not to take responsibility & accountability off ones self. Her baby is 8 months old, a LITTLE LATE for PPD. I could care less if she has a head injury or was using drugs. SHE KNOWINGLY purposely deliberately went about in a calculated manner to deceive, lie, hide & steal.

Using 'black people' is the lowest blow she could do. I hope she's locked up for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. I'm sick of hearing about cases like this, resources & time wasted by all only to hear they get a slap on the wrist? NO MORE. ENOUGH of this BS. I'm sick of it. MOO :cow: what a friggin cow

I am not going to comment on BS but I am sorry the husband is involved in some capacity and contributed to this.. in what degree I am not yet sure but I do not beleive that he is a truly innocent party as he seems to claim. There was too much money for their income level, how is it that he never saw the taxes filed for personal or businesses.. he had to sign them. Also the invitro costs alone on their income would be a burden as well and would greatly impact their income. As far as daily details of their incomings and outgoings .. perhaps he didnt know. Also their credit cards, business accounts etc.. just not buying the I didnt know a thing. The behavior while they were still missing and thought to be kidnapped.. extremely odd for a caring husband as he claims. Conflicting reports about the state of their marriage.. he claims normal couple with arguments etc but neighbors and others not agreeing. there are other things that set off my hinky meter too.. just not buying the I see nothing, hear nothing, no nothing bit he is trying to propogate out there...

I think we're dealing with a very BIG number here as far as the money stolen. There's probably far more money missing than 1st discovered.

I'm trying hard to bite my tongue about this woman. I have zero tolerance for anyone who would put their children through such an ordeal.:furious:

DO NOT GIVE ME THE 'PPD' SYNDROME. Everyone you see has a 'syndrome' today or a mental defect of some kind. uggggg :rolleyes:

It's just another way for others to take responsibility & accountability off ones self. Her baby is 8 months old, a LITTLE LATE for PPD. I could care less if she has a head injury or was using drugs. SHE KNOWINGLY purposely deliberately went about in a calculated manner to deceive, lie, hide & steal.

Using 'black people' is the lowest blow she could do. I hope she's locked up for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. I'm sick of hearing about cases like this, resources & time wasted by all only to hear they get a slap on the wrist? NO MORE. ENOUGH of this BS. I'm sick of it. MOO :cow: what a friggin cow
no slap on the wrist for these folks who use the time and resources for their own benefit. Period. BS needs to do some time, repay all the resources expended for the search and having to locate and return her to Pa, and an extended period of community service working with families of the missing, in the morgue on cases that child abductions and fund raising for missing and abducted service orgs etc. As far as the other charges those can follow the letter of the law.. as she knowingly planned and plotted to commit those crimes.

It's just another way for others to take responsibility & accountability off ones self. Her baby is 8 months old, a LITTLE LATE for PPD. I could care less if she has a head injury or was using drugs. SHE KNOWINGLY purposely deliberately went about in a calculated manner to deceive, lie, hide & steal.

I totally agree with your every word, PattyCake! You sum it up really well!

I am not going to comment on BS but I am sorry the husband is involved in some capacity and contributed to this.. in what degree I am not yet sure but I do not believe that he is a truly innocent party as he seems to claim. There was too much money for their income level, how is it that he never saw the taxes filed for personal or businesses.. he had to sign them. Also the invitro costs alone on their income would be a burden as well and would greatly impact their income. As far as daily details of their incomings and outgoings .. perhaps he didn't know. Also their credit cards, business accounts etc.. just not buying the I didn't know a thing. The behavior while they were still missing and thought to be kidnapped.. extremely odd for a caring husband as he claims. Conflicting reports about the state of their marriage.. he claims normal couple with arguments etc but neighbors and others not agreeing. there are other things that set off my hinky meter too.. just not buying the I see nothing, hear nothing, no nothing bit he is trying to propogate out there...

My husband has explicitly trusted me to handle all of our financial responsibilities all of our married life. He knows nothing about the accounting as I am the one that has only done it and tax returns that includes his own personal side business. It would be very easy for me to pull the wool over my husband's eyes if I were as deceitful and untrustworthy as BS. All my husband does is uses his debit card to purchase what he needs. That is the extent of his knowledge. Yes, he signs his tax returns but no, he doesn't closely review them because simply he trust me to do what is right.

What BS has done is not uncommon for some women to do. I know others personally that have gone behind their trusting husbands back and ruined their finances. Taking money from savings accounts, spending foolishly on things they didn't need or could afford, opening up credit cards and maxing them out. One I know gave his wife cash every time for the rent payment. She paid no rent but blew the money and he was not even aware that eviction notices had been sent. The only way he found out was the landlord finally called him at work.

I do not think this man knew one thing. He has been deceived just like everyone else has by her outlandish bodacious lying abilities. If she has taken from him then imo, he should start divorce proceedings and fight for custody of his little daughter.

He owned his own business and she had a good paying job too imo. Their home was not extravagant at $450K. Their income would have to be documented and proven in order to acquire the home mortgage so yes, imo their salaries were sufficient.

No woman that is being abused leaves their precious 8 month old baby and her 15 year old daughter with that very same man for him to take care of them.

I know that some seem to feel that somehow someway a man just has got to be the blame instead of the treacherous woman who has hurt and betrayed so many including her husband.

I feel deeply sorry for Mr. Sweeten. I think he is in for a rude awakening and will have to deal with her betrayal of him and her family. She has no line that she wasn't willing to cross. She took her own parents check of $20K and then made it into a $285,000 check. That shows she is perfectly capable of using anyone to meet her own needs.

ETA: What neighbors? Do you have a link? All I have seen is the family was seen out on Memorial Day weekend having fun.

I totally agree with your every word, PattyCake! You sum it up really well!

I 'errored' in my wording with one sentence... I meant to say

"It's just another way for others NOT to take responsibility & accountability off ones self".

I do not discount true mental illness at all (for those not pleased with my post). There's mental illness in my family and I would never belittle anyone who suffers from it.

I read that some of her supporters out there are talking themselves into believing she MUST have PPD. They say she's such a good woman and a great mother, blah blah blah. Let's give her a 'syndrome' and it'll explain away her actions because (they tell themselves) I'd never know someone who would deliberately do this to her children. :mad: BS!! and I mean BS, not her initials...

It looks like she is a crook pure and simple.

It's just another way for others not to take responsibility & accountability off ones self. Her baby is 8 months old, a LITTLE LATE for PPD. I could care less if she has a head injury or was using drugs. SHE KNOWINGLY purposely deliberately went about in a calculated manner to deceive, lie, hide & steal.

I agree with you 100%

I was sickened by the tears as she sat in the courtroom in Florida. I don't feel sorry for her. She deserves far more than she is ever going to get as punishment in this case, imo. Sounds like her hubby is welcoming her back with open arms and is going to trust her with his baby, too. When she decides she is ready to fly the coop again and runs off with his child...I hope he can kick himself hard enough to knock some sense into his brain. Hormone treatments caused this?! GMAB!

She posted bail - http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6838110 -

UPPER SOUTHAMPTON TWP - May 30, 2009 (WPVI) -- Bonnie Sweeten has paid ten percent of her bail and has been released from prison. Sweeten was released from the Bucks County Correctional Facility around 6:00 p.m. Saturday. District Magistrate William Benz set bail for Sweeten at $1-Million on Friday night. Just after 10:00 p.m., Sweeten arrived from Florida for her arraignment accompanied by police.

Her defense attorney had argued since she was charged with two misdemeanors, filing a false police report and identity theft, her bail should be low and reasonable and Sweeten was not going anywhere. However, Bucks County District Attorney Michelle Henry argued to the judge that her actions proved that Sweeten definitely is a flight risk.

"I think the facts of this case have established that, obviously after she committed the crimes that she's been charged with, she then fled to Florida, I argued in front of the judge. In addition that, she had withdrawn a substantial amount of money and it was her intention to use that money to fund her getaway. Therefore, it was our position that she would be a flight risk if she was released on bail," Henry said.

Henry also said that additional charges regarding the money are under investigation. The judge in addition to setting the bail to $1-million, which Sweeten has to pay 10-percent of, has said she can only have supervised visits with her 3 children. There must be another adult in the room during the visits.

I wonder where she got the money :rolleyes:

$100,000 G's pretty easy for her to come by? That's actually sickening, I'm sure at some point we'll learn it was stolen money she used to post bail. :mad:

My husband says this womans hubby is nuts to support her. A wife & mother does not do this to her family.

LOL, KDB! I have no idea!:waitasec:

Would love to be a fly on the wall in their house right about now.

Wonder what BS she's giving her husband? I wonder how the 15 y.o. is treating her?

I'm sure her 15yo old is treating her pretty well. This is the post she put on BS's wall on Facebook after she was captured but while she was still in custody in FL:

Mom i know you cant read this, but your my whole life your my mommy thats a big role you made me the person I am today you thought me so many things and your maybe just in a bad place for what ever reason, im not mad i hold nothing against you, i just wanna see you and hug you and just be with you again, i wish i would of hugged you longer Tuesday or even just said i love you more idk anything. Just come okay. & I love you, so much but im sure you know that.♥

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1099270162&v=wall&viewas=1075901591

If she doesn't take off again, they will get the bail money, back but this money is just the tip of the iceberg for the cost of her legal defense. But then they may have cut a deal with some media outlet for exclusive rights to her story. In the end, they may end up making money off this crime. Twisted to say the least.

Here is an article about how the dad got tickets from ABC for the plane tickets to Orlando to get his daughter.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20090529_What_happened_to_mom_.html

I saw a part of an interview with the little girl. She was chatting about baseball and such. It was strange. I am very glad she does not seem traumatized, but it was an odd interview nonetheless.

If she doesn't take off again, they will get the bail money, back but this money is just the tip of the iceberg for the cost of her legal defense. But then they may have cut a deal with some media outlet for exclusive rights to her story. In the end, they may end up making money off this crime. Twisted to say the least.

Here is an article about how the dad got tickets from ABC for the plane tickets to Orlando to get his daughter.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20090529_What_happened_to_mom_.html

I saw a part of an interview with the little girl. She was chatting about baseball and such. It was strange. I am very glad she does not seem traumatized, but it was an odd interview nonetheless.

I used to think they got bail money back until it was explained further. My understanding of this was discussed at length with Casey Anthony / Leonard Padilla bond money. The $100,000 is NON refundable. It's how bond companies earn their money. If she takes off, then the person that posted security for the remaining will lose their security & owe $900,000.

But as it stands, the $100,000 is gone to the bond company and no one gets it back. Just like LP losing $50,000 to bailing out KC the 1st time.
http://research.lawyers.com/Posting-Bail-What-Are-Your-Options.html
In this link it discusses how the 10% is non-refundable. :bang:

I'm sure her 15yo old is treating her pretty well. This is the post she put on BS's wall on Facebook after she was captured but while she was still in custody in FL:

Mom i know you cant read this, but your my whole life your my mommy thats a big role you made me the person I am today you thought me so many things and your maybe just in a bad place for what ever reason, im not mad i hold nothing against you, i just wanna see you and hug you and just be with you again, i wish i would of hugged you longer Tuesday or even just said i love you more idk anything. Just come okay. & I love you, so much but im sure you know that.♥

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1099270162&v=wall&viewas=1075901591

WOW, that is definitely not what I was expecting! :eek:

I used to think they got bail money back until it was explained further. My understanding of this was discussed at length with Casey Anthony / Leonard Padilla bond money. The $100,000 is NON refundable. It's how bond companies earn their money. If she takes off, then the person that posted security for the remaining will lose their security & owe $900,000.

But as it stands, the $100,000 is gone to the bond company and no one gets it back. Just like LP losing $50,000 to bailing out KC the 1st time.
http://research.lawyers.com/Posting-Bail-What-Are-Your-Options.html
In this link it discusses how the 10% is non-refundable. :bang:

Wow! -- well, someone sure has a lot of money to spare. That means they have already spent a 100 grand on bail and have a running tab of legal expenses. Doesn't add up she was having financial problems -- these "regular" folk seem flush with cash.

You know, this doesn't surprise me as much as the exhubby and hubby's reactions. If you think about it...the 15yo thought they were both probably going to end up dead and she would never have the chance to tell them those things a girl should say, but doesn't. I think she may also be blaming herself which bothers me a great deal. She may believe her mother debating suicide could be related to her in some way and the reason she wasn't the one chosen. How very sad since none of this had anything to do with her or her siblings.

It was the selfish act of a selfish woman who is now free to spew whatever garbage to her family that she wants. GRRRR! (Glad she can only see the kids with supervised visitation. At least the judge and others are smarter than her ex and current husbands!!)

What BS has done to her children putting them through all of this is inexcusable. They are innocent and they do not deserve to be subjected to their mother's sick games.
I do not think it is PPD that drove BS away. She must pay for her crimes of making false statements and unauthorized use of someone else ID or stolen identity (not sure of the exact wording for this charge).

Current husband is more than willing to accept her back with open arms. After all that she reportedly put him through, one must ask why this man would accept her back into their home, with their young child, so willingly.
It seems he more than likely had some knowledge of her misdeeds.
When I say this, I am not blaming "the man".
BS is a big girl and can answer for her own deeds. I am also not insinuating that current husband was the mastermind or anything of that nature. I am simply saying he more than likely had some knowledge prior to all of this happening which is why he isn't floored to learn what his wife is capable of.

What BS has done to her children putting them through all of this is inexcusable. They are innocent and they do not deserve to be subjected to their mother's sick games.
I do not think it is PPD that drove BS away. She must pay for her crimes of making false statements and unauthorized use of someone else ID or stolen identity (not sure of the exact wording for this charge).

Current husband is more than willing to accept her back with open arms. After all that she reportedly put him through, one must ask why this man would accept her back into their home, with their young child, so willingly.
BS is a big girl and can answer for her own deeds. I am also not insinuating that current husband was the mastermind or anything of that nature. I am simply saying he more than likely had some knowledge prior to all of this happening which is why he isn't floored to learn what his wife is capable of.

I think he is like countless men and women I have seen who cant see the forest for the trees. It seems for some no matter what the spouse does to them or their family they want to hold the family together.

I think he truly loves her but I do not think it is going to be as easy as he thinks it is when she returns home. Once trust has been broken sometimes it is never retrievable and all the wanting and hoping is not going to make it happen.

I don't think he had any knowledge beforehand of anything he is just another stupid bloke who stands by someone when he really needs to get away from them for the betterment of himself and his child.

I do think he is floored and in shock by all of this. As he said He more than anybody wants to know why this happened.

imo

Or he is a freaking doormat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back