GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O/T. Apologies.

All you've got to do to bamboozle Homeland Security is borrow a friend's DL?

I wonder what the person she borrowed it from looked like.

O/T. Apologies.

All you've got to do to bamboozle Homeland Security is borrow a friend's DL?

I wonder what the person she borrowed it from looked like.

She was blonde also but if they looked at it they would know it was not her.

No, it is being reported that way by Fox and other affiliates across the board because they are quoting Michelle Henry from Bucks County DA's Office.

http://cbs2.com/national/mom.daughter.abducted.2.1021808.html

The direct quote used from the news conference is "We're pleased to be able to announce that she's in custody and more importantly that her 9-year-old daughter is safe," Henry said." (from link) The AP reporter does not quote her saying "the two were arrested;" the reporter is doing a very poor job of paraphrasing. The AP has two versions of the line:
The two were arrested at the hotel Wednesday evening, Henry said.
http://cbs2.com/national/mom.daughter.abducted.2.1021808.html
to
"The two were taken into custody at the hotel Wednesday evening, Henry said."
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/new...tional-20/1243501989137400.xml&storylist=penn

It's just another example of the sloppy reporting that has been going on in this case from the beginning.

http://www.newsrunner.com/display-a...+5-year-old+brings+strangers+into+family+fold

snippet:
May 29, 9:51 AM EDT
Woman in Disney abduction hoax to return to Pa.
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press Writer

Her husband, Richard L. "Larry" Sweeten, said he is struggling to sort out the rumors of theft and marriage problems surrounding her disappearance. Sweeten, a landscaper, said Friday on NBC's "Today" show that he wanted to know "more than anybody" what caused his wife to flee with her daughter from a previous marriage.

"We argue, like everybody else does," he said, but added the family had a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend together before his wife disappeared.

Larry Sweeten said his wife handled the family's finances, but said he'll now be looking into his bank accounts."I might be behind on my mortgage," he said.

What??? he wants to know what made his wife FLEE from her previous marriage???
I'm confused. (may be some misquoting by the reporter- transcript from this mornings show not available yet). Paige is 15 and is the older daughter by Rakoczy.

If they were behind in a mortgage payment as noted in this article, seems he was not aware of her scheming in the background.

SHAME ON HER
motherDisneymugshot-1.jpg

I'm confused. (may be some misquoting by the reporter- transcript from this mornings show not available yet). Paige is 15 and is the older daughter by Rakoczy.

If they were behind in a mortgage payment as noted in this article, seems he was not aware of her scheming in the background.

The reference to "previous marriage" is describing who the daughter is, not what BS was fleeing from (that Julia is Rakoczy's daughter, not Sweeten's daughter).

http://www.newsrunner.com/display-a...+5-year-old+brings+strangers+into+family+fold

snippet:
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press Writer

Her husband, Richard L. "Larry" Sweeten, said he is struggling to sort out the rumors of theft and marriage problems surrounding her disappearance. Sweeten, a landscaper, said Friday on NBC's "Today" show that he wanted to know "more than anybody" what caused his wife to flee with her daughter from a previous marriage.

"We argue, like everybody else does," he said, but added the family had a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend together before his wife disappeared.

Larry Sweeten said his wife handled the family's finances, but said he'll now be looking into his bank accounts."I might be behind on my mortgage," he said.

SHAME ON HER

That is not what he said according to the article.

flee with her daughter from a previous marriage.

Julia is not his biological child. They have the 9 month old daughter together.

Julia and her 15 year old sister are from her previous marriage with Rakoczy.

imo

Hubby's comment about maybe being behind in their mortgage sounded odd to me. If it was quite behind, how would he not know?

Setup to avoid foreclosure?

I posted once very early on in this thread. Now I have finally caught up in reading the entire thread.

Something screwy is going on with this dishonest lawyer and Bonnie S., IMO. I think we have not heard the last about the 'stolen money'. I am feeling that this charity that Carlitz (sp.) was running was either a scam or was a money laundering operation. I feel that the FBI just might be looking at where all this money was coming in from. Didn't Carlitz say that it may be $700,000.00 to a million and she would have to check her 'coffers' to know for sure? I don't know about any of you, but I would certainly miss $300,000.00, $700,000.00, or a million. GMAB!! I would know exactly how much anyone would have taken from me or my so-called charity!

Money laundering is a Federal crime, and I think this lawyer is in up to her eyeballs also. B.S. was her notary and the director of the charity and I think both were in the money laundering business. Bonnie S. skimmed money for herself, IMO. Bonnie S. just might as well tell everything she knows now and try to make a deal. The check she altered from her ex inlaws was probably money she had helped herself to and had to repay to the 'charity'. It was stated just now on HLN that the check had come from her ex inlaws rather than from her parents.

I am so very thankful little Julia is safe now. This was so traumatic for her and so needless. Bonnie S.'s children are the victims here and I hope they can deal with what has happened and overcome it.

Hubby's comment about maybe being behind in their mortgage sounded odd to me. If it was quite behind, how would he not know?

Setup to avoid foreclosure?

"I might be behind on my mortgage,"

I think he realizes now he may have trusted his wife too much who he trusted to pay their bills and keep up with the bookkeeping of his business and their personal accounts.

I think he is coming to terms that all that he thought may have been being done .......wasnt and he might better check to see if she is behind in paying the mortgage.

I don't blame him one bit. I would be checking all accounts pronto.

This wouldnt be the first time that a wife proved to be untrustworthy. I would suspect that she has taken all the money she can get from their accounts and tried to repay the money she illegally took from her past employer.

I feel very sorry for this man. BS has screwed up so many lives.

imoo

BS is a real piece of work, am frankly tired of parents dragging their poor children into the MAJor mess they create. At the hearing for extradiction, BS looked frightened and terrified. Newflash-you lost custody of your kids and will probably go to jail for kidnapping and fraud. Was it worth it?

PS. the grandprize was NOT Disneyworld!

I posted once very early on in this thread. Now I have finally caught up in reading the entire thread.

Something screwy is going on with this dishonest lawyer and Bonnie S., IMO. I think we have not heard the last about the 'stolen money'. I am feeling that this charity that Carlitz (sp.) was running was either a scam or was a money laundering operation. I feel that the FBI just might be looking at where all this money was coming in from. Didn't Carlitz say that it may be $700,000.00 to a million and she would have to check her 'coffers' to know for sure? I don't know about any of you, but I would certainly miss $300,000.00, $700,000.00, or a million. GMAB!! I would know exactly how much anyone would have taken from me or my so-called charity!

Money laundering is a Federal crime, and I think this lawyer is in up to her eyeballs also. B.S. was her notary and the director of the charity and I think both were in the money laundering business. Bonnie S. skimmed money for herself, IMO. Bonnie S. just might as well tell everything she knows now and try to make a deal. The check she altered from her ex inlaws was probably money she had helped herself to and had to repay to the 'charity'. It was stated just now on HLN that the check had come from her ex inlaws rather than from her parents.

I am so very thankful little Julia is safe now. This was so traumatic for her and so needless. Bonnie S.'s children are the victims here and I hope they can deal with what has happened and overcome it.

yeah, it sure seems to be a lot of profit for a non-profit organization! i know that this is total speculation, but i just keep wondering what exactly was she planning to do...i really think she was possibly suicidal. with the call to her husband it seemed clear she had no intention of coming home, but she had to have known that they would catch up to her VERY quickly. i don't think she wanted to hurt her daughter, from all accounts she was a great mom. maybe she wanted to take her daughter out for a good time, like she had always promised to take her there or something and then maybe just drop her off somewhere so she could be found. it just doesn't seem like she planned to take off and start a whole new life. little JR is just the most adorable thing and i am so glad she's safe. i really hope BS can get some help.

Those poor kids .. :(

I can not even begin to imagine how the 15 year old daughter is feeling right now ..
The 9 year old daughter who she dragged along to Orlando must be wondering who the hell she can trust ..
The baby will fare the best of the lot, hopefully the dad and her will be okay ..

Unreal .. :behindbar

Bingo...I agree. And somewhere it was mentioned that she was trying to repay the money before it got this far. One would assume that Carlitz couldn't exactly run to the cops to say that BS was stealing money from her...money that they were stealing to begin with. I have a feeling Carlitz is wrapped up in all of this too. Or at least the charity isn't on the up and up and will be investigated and taken down as collateral damage. IMO, of course.

Does anyone know if they have taken her back to Pa yet ?

The husband said he will be checking into his accounts today ? I would think that would have been one of the first things he did.... It doesn't take any time to check a bank account.

snippet:
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press Writer

SHAME ON HER

I just have to say that picture is priceless..:laugh:

BS is a real piece of work, am frankly tired of parents dragging their poor children into the MAJor mess they create. At the hearing for extradiction, BS looked frightened and terrified. Newflash-you lost custody of your kids and will probably go to jail for kidnapping and fraud. Was it worth it?

PS. the grandprize was NOT Disneyworld!

There are a lot of things BS is seemingly guilty of, but I wouldn't think kidnapping is one of them. She took her own daughter to Disneyworld.
Yes, she reportedly stole from her employer and family members
Yes, she reportedly made many serious false statements to LE
Yes, she reportedly used a fake identitiy
But even under these circumstances I don't think taking her own daughter out of state constitutes kidnapping.

Does anyone know if they have taken her back to Pa yet ?

The husband said he will be checking into his accounts today ? I would think that would have been one of the first things he did.... It doesn't take any time to check a bank account.
She arrived back this evening and has been given $1m bond...

I think the only hoax that Mr. Sweeten is involved in is the one pulled on him and the country by the wife he thought he could trust.

I don't think he knew one thing about any of this. In fact I think it would behoove him greatly to have an accountant check out their own personal finances and especially his landscaping business which he stated that Bonnie does all of the accounting and bookkeeping.:eek: I think he is going to find that not only had she bilked money out of her past employer but has misappropriated funds from their personal account. It also would not surprise me if he learns she has put them into further debt behind his back.

There is no evidence of domestic violence in this marriage. Any woman who leaves love notes for her husband regularly seems to genuinely know and appreciate they have a loving husband.

This is not the fault of the male imo whether he be the ex husband or the present husband. He is caught up in this nightmare. He and the children will be horribly shamed by all of this. Even his livelihood could suffer from it making it harder to support his family.

No woman who is having domestic discord with her husband goes away on one way tickets under a false ID and leaves a 9 month old baby behind and a distraught 15 year old for him to tend to. Imo, she knew her husband is a good man who would see to it that the ones left behind were well taken care of....

imo

Bolded by me for reference.

I didn't mean to imply there was domestic violence. I just wondered what was meant by domestic concerns, they've used this term over and over. The term is so vague, it could cover a myriad of behaviors by any of the parties living in the home.

I must have missed the statement that she regularly left love notes for her husband. Was this in an article somewhere? I've tried to keep up, but things moved pretty fast with this thread.

LE reported while investigating the alleged kidnapping they felt there were domestic and financial issues, but needed to investigate further. Who they got this information from they did not say.
It was prior to BS being located and apprehended, so I tend to believe it was someone other than BS making these claims.

Hopefully a lot more info will come out to shed some light on this case. I think the employer has to answer some serious questions about finances, and I still believe that if the embezzlement is to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, then the current husband had to be aware of it to some degree. Neither of them had a job that would bring in that kind of money.
And he didn't appear to be in a hurry to check his accounts and mortgage status. One phone call to the bank would give him the answer. But he hadn't made the call yet. I think it'd be the first thing most people would do in this situation. But maybe I am wrong.

Current husband could turn out to be an outstanding, upstanding guy and I'll eat my words, but right now I think he is more involved than he is claiming. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back