DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah!

It was just used this morning!

https://twitter.com/SteveMcK6abc/status/529684533591818240

Even more brazen - his actions and description have been spreading across the country thanks to that incredible video!

Or I guess he could have passed it off to someone else (or left it somewhere hoping someone else would take it and use it) to throw LE off and steer things away from how he looks now, etc.

This is seriously a very unusual one...we rarely see cards of victims used.

Now we have a full videoed abduction, victim's card being used (and used well after images and video of the perp have really spread) AND a victim doing the textbook things to fight for her safety all in one case! Really, really rare combo!

Actually it is rather commonplace nowadays for the perpetrator to use the credit/debit cards of the victims they have kidnapped. Sometimes that is the motive for taking the victim so they can withdraw money from the ATM machines.

It is one of the things LE uses to track down the perp though so lets hope they can find something that leads them to who this man is. If he did the withdrawal himself he will be on camera. Maybe someone with a conscience will call in if they recognize him.

Evidently he doesn't know he was seen on camera abducting her and that may be why he feels comfortable doing a withdrawal from the ATM.

Those good at twitter may want to read/post what they find. Lots of family talking to reporters waiting for the presser to start. I heard some good info, can someone check that please?

I don't think the presser has started yet, lots of mingling and chatter but the mic's are still being set up.

Wondering if her card was used as an ATM card (pin required) or as a credit card....

I was thinking that also...because the former would mean she'd have been alive at least for some length of time in order for him to get it (so he couldn't have killed her immediately, even if he did shoot her in the car)

I'm hoping she really did kick out the windows and perhaps he fired "warning" shots to keep her from doing more, and that that explains the RP who thought it was shots and the 'tap' and 'pop' thing. And that it wasn't him shooting at her directly at her (which could then make the using it as an ATM card fit)

I'm also hoping they really meant as an ATM card b/c they're saying that and NOT saying used her debit card (pin based in a store) or something like charged something to her debit card (as in using it as credit)

Differentiating it as ATM card makes me hopeful it really was an ATM transaction, meaning he'd need the pin, and she'd have had to have been alive to give it to him (though I realize he could have gotten it before today, it still gives me a little hope he's holding her somewhere)

Dave Kinchen on FOX ‏@DKinchenFOX29 2m2 minutes ago Philadelphia, PA
BREAKING: Grandmother of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither suspicious of a man Carlesha knew from MD. Says man was "obsessed" and "aggressive. "

https://twitter.com/DKinchenFOX29

It worries me that this guy - clearly hellbent on doing what he did - may feel like he has nothing to lose at this point.

He's on video taking her - that's far more than we've had in most cases.

Even in HG case recently, where we saw the perp in the area, and he was seen with her, but no one actually saw him force her anywhere, etc.

It'd be awfully hard to argue he wasn't involved (whoever "he" is) since the male is clearly forcing her into the car, so the only point they might manage as a defense would be to say it wasn't "him."

He then went and did a transaction (and everyone knows nowadays a very, very high percentage of stores have surveillance also) meaning he's likely on video using her card as well.

I fear he's really going to figure he's got nothing to lose because they have all this stuff on him that would likely send him away for much, if not all, of his life even if she is found alive, and that he might then do even more (to Carlesha or someone else)

This is such a scary, scary case - and keeps getting worse and not better :(

If he is not from the area and is from Maryland he may not know there were cameras in the area of the kidnapping.

I am very afraid this is not going to end well for Carlesha. If he knows LE is hunting for him he is not going to leave the victim alive to tell what all he has done. My heart wants to have hope but my mind is telling me he has hurt Carlesha very badly by now or worse.

I hope a miracle will happen and she will be found somewhere alive but LE knows they are dealing with a very bold and brazen perpetrator. Imo, this may not be the first time he has done something like this. He may have just recently been released from prison.

IMO

I was watching that pre-press conference on ABC -- then I got the Blue Screen of Death and my computer crashed. I'm afraid to go back! I'll be counting on you guys for the info, please.

Those good at twitter may want to read/post what they find. Lots of family talking to reporters waiting for the presser to start. I heard some good info, can someone check that please?

I have been...so far it's been repeats of articles or the ATM/credit card bit, or the video link again in most all of them.

I was watching that pre-press conference on ABC -- then I got the Blue Screen of Death and my computer crashed. I'm afraid to go back! I'll be counting on you guys for the info, please.

I'll do the best I can so long as my baby cooperates. It's about nap time though!

"seconds after she was put in the back of the vehicle, looks like the glass was kicked or punched out of passenger side rear."

Dave Kinchen on FOX ‏@DKinchenFOX29 1m1 minute ago Pennsylvania, US
Family of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither say "aggressive"/"obsessed" man who knew Carlesha matched description of abduction suspect

https://twitter.com/DKinchenFOX29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members