GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he is the one who drove away because he thought he heard gunshots.

Quote from Sarah Bloomquist (news reporter): So- the car that pulled up thought that the windows were being shattered by gunfire. It was Carlesha kicking out both back windows- trying to escape. He was interviewed by police and felt terrible for not intervening.

I didn't read it as him having thought he heard gunshots.

I assumed it meant that he thought it based upon the glass breaking
(because that's so hard to do apart from significant force/impact) so a gunshot would be a very likely explanation. Since, as so many have pointed out, it'd be hard for many men to do, let alone a small young woman at a pretty low weight (and obviously it weren't from a crash or something since the car wasn't really even moving and hadn't hit anything) - so I could see thinking gunshot being the most likely cause even if he hadn't heard one.

I'd love if Sarah could clarify as now that a few of you read it the other way, I can completely see that being what was meant, but it totally wasn't how I had taken it when I read it.

I assumed it meant that he thought it based upon the glass breaking because that's so hard to do so a gunshot would be a very likely explanation.

I'd love if Sarah could clarify as now that a few of you read it the other way, I can completely see that being what was meant, but it totally wasn't how I had taken it when I read it.

Yes. I think you are right.

Based on the breaking glass

I'm just catching up so don't know if it's been mentioned yet - but this sounds similar to the case of Nefertiri Trader who was kidnapped a few months ago in nearby New Castle County, Delaware. She was also allegedly abducted and taken away in a car - a neighbor reported hearing her scream...could there be a connection? My prayers are with both women...Nefertiri has not been found, hope Carlesha comes home alive.

Yes, he is the one who drove away because he thought he heard gunshots.

Quote from Sarah Bloomquist (news reporter): So- the car that pulled up thought that the windows were being shattered by gunfire. It was Carlesha kicking out both back windows- trying to escape. He was interviewed by police and felt terrible for not intervening.

Thanks bpinkbinkie! I had not seen that piece of the news. There goes my theory...

Dénouement;11165517 said:
When they got in the back of the car, you heard like a tap tap pap pap, whatever it was, it was like two of them and then the back window came out,” an eyewitness said.
Freeland-Gaither, according to police, kicked out the driver side rear window as the car drove off.
An eyewitness, who doesn’t want to show his face, called 911. He had been walking the opposite side of the street when he heard her scream.
“‘Help me, help me,’ and I turned around and I just started running up,” he said. “I called the cops as I’m like yo screaming stop, stop, stop. He’s dragging her to the car.”
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...te-possible-abduction-of-woman-in-germantown/

I assumed it meant that he thought it based upon the glass breaking
(because that's so hard to do apart from significant force/impact) so a gunshot would be a very likely explanation. Since, as so many have pointed out, it'd be hard for many men to do, let alone a small young woman at a pretty low weight (and obviously it weren't from a crash or something since the car wasn't really even moving and hadn't hit anything) - so I could see thinking gunshot being the most likely cause even if he hadn't heard one.

Yes. I think you are right.

Based on the breaking glass

BBM
Based on the quoted text above I do believe that there were gunshots. The quote is now gone from the article (it was updated) I think LE is trying to keep as much info out of the media as possible. (for good reason)

Check downstairs in scanner thread.
post 3466
pg 139

Nothing new but take a look.

Remember We cannot discuss the scanner thread here.

BBM
Based on the quoted text above I do believe that there were gunshots. The quote is now gone from the article (it was updated) I think LE is trying to keep as much info out of the media as possible. (for good reason)

Thanks elmomom. I got the impression that the quote: "When they got in the back of the car, you heard like a tap tap pap pap, whatever it was, it was like two of them and then the back window came out,” was from the eyewitness that was walking across the street and called the police, not the person who was driving the car and backed up.

I'm just catching up so don't know if it's been mentioned yet - but this sounds similar to the case of Nefertiri Trader who was kidnapped a few months ago in nearby New Castle County, Delaware. She was also allegedly abducted and taken away in a car - a neighbor reported hearing her scream...could there be a connection? My prayers are with both women...Nefertiri has not been found, hope Carlesha comes home alive.

Interesting thought and it might be worth calling in. However, Nefertiri was taken away in her own car. Both her and her car are still missing. Here is her thread here at WS: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...E-Nefertiri-Trader-33-Saddlebrook-1-July-2014

Dave Kinchen on FOX ‏@DKinchenFOX29 14m14 minutes ago
NEW: NW Detectives holding joint press conference with family of kidnapping victim Carlesha Freeland-Gaither in next hour. Latest here & 5p

https://twitter.com/DKinchenFOX29

This, along with the video of the perp just picking her out and up, leads to me believe they know each other.

I agree,they know each other.If he was a stranger he could have picked an easier target.He waited for her to get off the bus and chased or dragged her down the street.He pulls up right before the bus,he must know the schedule or what time she comes home.

Family has been told her ATM card was used in Aberdeen, MD. Family shown photos of the man and they did not recognize him.

(Reported on WPVI noon news)

Family has been told her ATM card was used in Aberdeen, MD. Family shown photos of the man and they did not recognize him.

Quoting my own post. Not sure why this photo hasn't been made public!

Oh nooooo. This is so upsetting. Glad that they are holding a presser.

MSM confirmation
Kenneth Moton ‏@KennethMoton 28s29 seconds ago
Just in: @DavidHenry6abc: family of Germantown abduction victim Carlesha Freeland-Gaither say her ATM card was used in Aberdeen, MD by man

https://twitter.com/KennethMoton

Her ATM card was used? Wow. This does not seem like a robbery motive. I am confused.

Adding a link for mods since now it's on MSM twitter

https://twitter.com/KennethMoton/status/529680679811162113
Just in: @DavidHenry6abc: family of Germantown abduction victim Carlesha Freeland-Gaither say her ATM card was used in Aberdeen, MD by man

Also increase in reward:
https://twitter.com/DavidHenry6abc/status/529626779917754368

#FOP kicking in $5,000 in reward money for return of woman kidnapped Germantown. Total now $15,000

Thanks elmomom. I got the impression that the quote: "When they got in the back of the car, you heard like a tap tap pap pap, whatever it was, it was like two of them and then the back window came out,” was from the eyewitness that was walking across the street and called the police, not the person who was driving the car and backed up.

Yes, the accounts are from two different people.

The person in the car thought it was a gunshot that had broken the glass.

The eyewitness on the street described it as a "tap tap pap pap".

If I was describing a gunshot, those aren't the words I would use. They make me think of a quieter sound, more a dull sound. A gunshot is a bang bang. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966