GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the time sequence on the video as I see it (I think the brake lights are an important part of figuring out the timeline of how/when she was subdued in the car).

2:15 - Perp & Carlesha go out of view of camera
2:22 - You see perp's shadow leave back door area and move to driver's door
2:27 - Car bounces down as if perp is getting in front seat
2:29 - Brake lights go on (stay on)
2:29 - 2:40 - Car is shaking/rocking (brakes lights are still on)
2:40 - Brake lights go off
2:40 - 2:46 - Car is shaking/rocking (brake lights are still off)
2:42 - Other car on street backs out
2:46 - Brake lights go on
2:50 - Car stops shaking/rocking
2:55 - Perp pulls out

I think she breaks the windows out between 2:29 and 2:40 and at 2:40 to 2:46 the perp takes foot off the brake/turns around to subdue her, then takes off. I am hoping at 2:42 when the other car backs out that it really wasn't a gunshot he heard. :(

She is definitely subdued around the 2:40 mark.

I'm not understanding why there isn't hysteria over this? Last news I can find is 10 hours ago? Surely they have some idea who this creep is!!!

:prayer:.......praying for you Carlesha.......please let her live....

Have we EVER had a case this blatant where the whole thing went down start to finish on video and so incredibly quickly? I can't think of any?

And I sure can't think of any where we see a victim do everything 'textbook' that experts always say to do in a situation like this.

Her reaction was incredible - including not giving up even once he got her. Almost more incredibly is that she managed to do all those things in such a short time also!

I mean, she was caught off guard, and it wasn't like someone had been walking behind her and she had a few moments to think through anything to figure out what she ought to do get away. I wonder if she'd taken a self defense class or martial arts or something - her reaction is just truly so amazing and yet he STILL got her!

If it weren't clearly NOT someone really missing, it's almost be like it was a training video on abduction / response.

IMO we are seeing the true power of the human fight or flight reflex. Snap decisions and superhuman strength. I could not kick out windows in a car. I don't honestly think my husband could either, and he is very physically strong. The power and strength that we possess when our adrenaline is kicking in is amazing to me.

She is a very brave lady and I hope and pray that she is able to get away from him or alert someones attention.

Reading and trying to catch up here. At the scene were gloves, a knife, her glasses and her phone? Sounds like he was prepared for this, to have gloves and knife handy moments after he parked the car. Do we know who reported the incident?

That second car... I wonder why he thought gunshots?
Just breaking glass?
He seemed to sit in the middle of the street for several seconds
I wonder why he backed up instead of continuing forward

Just breaking glass?

bbm. He probably didn't want the perp to see his tag number and follow him. My question is why didn't that driver get a tag number for the abductors car?

She is definitely subdued around the 2:40 mark.

I'm not understanding why there isn't hysteria over this? Last news I can find is 10 hours ago? Surely they have some idea who this creep is!!!

It's consistently been the lead story on the local Philly news.

Just breaking glass?

If he thought there were gunshots up ahead, he might not have wanted his car windows to be next (i.e. he might have thought the shooter was hiding behind a building, in a window, etc.)

bbm. He probably didn't want the perp to see his tag number and follow him. My question is why didn't that driver get a tag number for the abductors car?

Maybe he tried. If I were in his shoes, I probably would not have been able to. Even with glasses on, I don't see super well at night, and would not really be able to see a license plate on a car speeding away. Especially if I was scared/shocked by what I had just seen. It's also possible he did get a partial plate and that info. has not been released.

He may have and they've just not made it public for tactical reasons.

Or he may have gotten a partial and they're working it from there.

And he may have gotten one but the plates were swapped just to do this in case he was seen and then switched back to the proper ones for the vehicle or the car could be stolen.

Heck, we just had 3 young girls (twin 13 year old sisters and their friend) hit and killed by a hit and run driver in SoCal on Halloween.

The car was ditched just a few hundred feet away and there were A LOT of witnesses who got descriptions of who took off running - plus the plates and obviously the car VIN and registration information being there.

But it still took over 2 days to find them because they had moved from where the car was registered and then it turned out the suspect wasn't even the one who the car was RO'd to. And at this point there still is conflicting information on whether or not the car was stolen or purchased and not transferred or borrowed or what.

All that to say, I think it's entirely possible they may actually have the plate and it's not panning out or it has to an extent but not enough to find her (and if they know it's stolen or the info isn't leading them to the perp and Carlesha, they may not want who has her to know they know that bit also)

It's so brazen! This happened in a well lot area with witnesses around. It's truly terrifying.

This, along with the video of the perp just picking her out and up, leads to me believe they know each other.

Maybe he tried. If I were in his shoes, I probably would not have been able to. Even with glasses on, I don't see super well at night, and would not really be able to see a license plate on a car speeding away. Especially if I was scared/shocked by what I had just seen. It's also possible he did get a partial plate and that info. has not been released.

I feel bad for this guy, he is getting blasted and bad-mouthed on social media more than the abductor!

Reading and trying to catch up here. At the scene were gloves, a knife, her glasses and her phone? Sounds like he was prepared for this, to have gloves and knife handy moments after he parked the car. Do we know who reported the incident?

bbm

An eyewitness, who doesn’t want to show his face, called 911. He had been walking the opposite side of the street when he heard her scream.

“‘Help me, help me,’ and I turned around and I just started running up,” he said. “I called the cops as I’m like yo screaming stop, stop, stop. He’s dragging her to the car.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...te-possible-abduction-of-woman-in-germantown/

This is just a horrible thing to watch. That poor girl fought with all her might. What a fighter she is. She did everything right.

I hope she bit and clawed the _________ out of him.

We don't know if the person in the car that pulled up and backed away was even aware that an abduction had taken place. Do we know if parking is hard to find in that area? I think it looks like he pulled up and saw a car with brake lights on and thought a parking space was about to become available. When the perp took his foot off the brakes, the driver thought the car was going to stay parked, so he just backed up to find another spot. He drove onto the scene after they were already in the car and likely did not know anything sinister was going on. IMO

isn't he the one that said he thought it was gunshots?
Am I confused?

isn't he the one that said he thought it was gunshots?
Am I confused?

Yes, he is the one who drove away because he thought he heard gunshots.

Quote from Sarah Bloomquist (news reporter): So- the car that pulled up thought that the windows were being shattered by gunfire. It was Carlesha kicking out both back windows- trying to escape. He was interviewed by police and felt terrible for not intervening.

Yes, he is the one who drove away because he thought he heard gunshots.

Quote from Sarah Bloomquist (news reporter): So- the car that pulled up thought that the windows were being shattered by gunfire. It was Carlesha kicking out both back windows- trying to escape. He was interviewed by police and felt terrible for not intervening.

They should try to hypnotize the driver and see if they can get a tag number...............it works.

If he saw the tag, then it is etched into his brain, even though he may not realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966