GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many feet was she dragged in how many seconds?!!

It does kind of look to me that he drove past her and parked to go grab her. Didnt look like a laying in wait, but more of an opportunity if an alone girl. I'm torn on whether he knew her, but it kind of seems like he did not and just saw an opportunity. If I am going to guess the outcome, he is going to be caught because of the knife/ glove/ broken windows/ struggle she put up! I think she will be the strongest evidence against him. She made him drop his stuff! Good girl! Also, I dont know if this car has it, but all of my windows have a vin # etched into them. If it did, they can recreate it.

The suspect pulled in and parked quickly, and went straight for his target, imo.

Either he saw her walking or knew she would be walking, or knew she was going to get off the bus at that time if she rode the bus.

jmo

This is truly awful. I've read the description of what goes on in the video but I am too scared to watch it. I know that my heart and mind can't handle it. Just the written info about the video has my anxiety through the roof. I can't imagine what this poor waman felt and how scared she is. I hope she is still alive and comes home alive.

This is truly awful. I've read the description of what goes on in the video but I am too scared to watch it. I know that my heart and mind can't handle it. Just the written info about the video has my anxiety through the roof. I can't imagine what this poor waman felt and how scared she is. I hope she is still alive and comes home alive.

You could not have said it any better. I have written a million things but keep deleting them.

Basically, my "book" about personal safety above in the linked post from HG's thread (post #105) would not have helped anything...watching out for blind spots, bla bla...apparently sometimes they just grab you right there in the middle of the street...(I did mention that in that post, about my friend, how they don;t always just "pop out of the bushes", BUT STILL...disturbing to see this firsthand, how it happens...)

Do we even stand a chance in this type of situation?

Having trouble finding the words tonight. Sorry.

Sending positive thoughts to Carlesha and her family.

You could not have said it any better. I have written a million things but keep deleting them.

Basically, my "book" about personal safety above in the linked post from HG's thread (post #105) would not have helped anything...watching out for blind spots, bla bla...apparently sometimes they just grab you right there in the middle of the street...(I did mention that in that post, about my friend, how they don;t always just "pop out of the bushes", BUT STILL...disturbing to see this firsthand, how it happens...)

I do this too, I ramble on and then delete it right after I submit it.... I've been judged before saying things here, so I try not to much anymore... I like to observe now for the most part.

In the YouTube video of the abduction it appears either the car is started or the lights are turned on at the 2:28 for a few seconds. It may be another stoplight out of view that's casting the light, but whatever it is, it's also reflecting off the front of the car that's parked behind him.

I know LE are stating she kicked out both windows, but I've got a bad feeling about that. It's hard enough to kick out one, but then to completely turn the other way and kick out the other, wow. I really hope that's what she did, but man oh man, it just feels bad all the way around. I fear that could be why LE hasn't released any audio. I hope I'm wrong in thinking that.

Also, my heart was in pieces watching and listening to her father.

In some ways, I wish I hadn't watched. It is upsetting. I want to reach through that video and kick that man's %#$. He must be a horrible human to do that to her. She clearly fought with all her might.

Is your friend ok? That is truly terrifying. Reminds me of a wild animal to charge from a distance like that. Scary world we live in.

Does anyone else feel that something major happened at 2:39 in the video? It appears the car in the street promptly reverses and the guy walking/running towards her screams picks up his pace and immediately changes directions at the same exact time.

Did anyone catch where suspect kicks something down the street and then grabs it as her sticks her in the car?

I am in shock over the way ,this happened. I hope that this turns out to be a hoax because it appears very rehearsed.It is scary to think that a suspect could have it together so much that they would think to grab something out of the road ,(maybe it is something the wind is blowing around)open the door and push a victim into a car all at the same time.

I see the guy running down the street, he walks then he runs then he turns the corner behind the car that is stopped.

The car is still shaking until about 249 in the you tube version.

Question, for cars is there the ability to keep them from being opened if the engine is on? Like child proof locks or something??

Sarah, one of the reporters (her video link is above, along with facebook page of the news page and the comment) stated the guy in the car thought it was gun shots and so he reversed.
Oh no. Thanks for the information.

I live in New Orleans... And the bad areas things happen all the time that people witness, but never saying anything because if they did then they are afraid something might happen to them.

So sad and of course you are right.

Question, for cars is there the ability to keep them from being opened if the engine is on? Like child proof locks or something??

Not on a 1999 -2003 ..The only thing I could see is child locks which wouldnt have worked once the door window was broke.I mean to keep her in the car.

Looking at the map of the area is just as scary as watching the video.. So much city. 17 miles from where Toni Sharp was last seen.

Anyone know if the backseats drop in those ? I got the feeling she was being pushed into the trunk.

This is just a horrible thing to watch. That poor girl fought with all her might. What a fighter she is. She did everything right.

I'm wondering if there were child safety locks on the doors in the back seat and that's why she couldn't get back out. I also wonder if there was someone else in the car to keep her under control while the driver drove because this girl is such a fighter, she would have tore him up. But if it was gunshots the witness heard, the he wouldn't have needed anyone to control her.

I have to ask, why didn't the witness in the car that stopped and backed up go forward and follow the car afterwards at a safe distance, and call 911 (if he had a cell phone.) I wish he would have had the presence of mind to do that.

This abductor was so adamant about getting her in his car, I fear for her life. I'm praying she's alive and will find her way home one way or the other. This is so disturbing. Carlesha, we are in your corner honey. Stay strong until someone can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966