GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on CNN and I'm completely horrified. She did everything she was supposed to do. I can't imagine how scared she was. Praying she comes home safe.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs

BBM ... many of the news stations only show part of the video - watch the full length one here on YouTube to see the car pull up then reverse.
IMO Carlesha is on the corner when the bus pulls up, maybe she waves the driver off because that bus does not let anyone on or off, it doesn't even completely stop imo. I think Carlesha crosses the street because the man approaches then turns and maybe asks him why he is following her, again jmo.

I noticed after car backed up that there was a person crossing the street and all of a sudden started running to intersection, crossed intersection and ran back down sidewalk where suspects car initially turned in.

I think Carlesha was walking down that side of street when perp noticed her when he was driving down street and turned down next street to park and get out to confront her.

also, at the end of the video as the abductor pulls out of his space a white car turns the corner and starts down the street.

The car stopped at the corner is kinda weird, no stop light there right? Does the guy running across the street get into it, then the car takes off?
there is a light at that intersection, in the video you can notice when it turns green, it's not that noticeable to me when it is red.

The car stopped at the corner is kinda weird, no stop light there right? Does the guy running across the street get into it, then the car takes off?

It looked to me like there was a stop light at the intersection. Take a look around 1:23 on the video. The two lights on the right and left side of the road seem to get brighter. I assumed that's the change from red to green. I think you can actually see it go from green to yellow to red at one point, as the light changes between three different vertical points, but I forgot to note the time on the video. (ETA: you can see those three stoplight stages at about 0:26, 0:40, 0:44)

I also took a look at the street view, but I'm not sure whether I've got the correct intersection. If I do, there are definitely stoplights. But again, I'm not sure I've got the right view. I'm on my phone, so this is the best I can do for an image:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415077739.120291.jpg

Disturbing! Many critics on social media asking why the witness(es) didn't do SOMETHING to help but others commenting on Germantown being a dangerous area & what could they do besides call 911 without probably getting hurt themselves.

I lived in Philly until I was 18 and "snitching" is definitely frowned upon, especially in the more urban areas. :( It's only gotten worse as time goes on. People are too afraid of retaliation to step in. I HATE that someone was close enough to have intervened and it seems they didn't. Makes me sick to watch this video.

I wonder why the driver of the vehicle that pulled up after the kidnapping didn't get out of his/her car? He/she pulled up, had their lights on and imo could have likely seen Carlesha struggling.
I sure wish she had someone walking with her. :(

I'm too new to perhaps understand rules/reasoning, and please don't attack for this-I'm truly trying to be helpful... But shouldn't the thread title indicate "Philadelphia" instead of "Germantown"? I live here, and already knew about this horrific incident, so I recognized Carlesha's name. But if I hadn't, and didn't live here, I would not necessarily have known Germantown is one of many, many neighborhood names here, not a "place". I would reason that with Philadelphia highlighted in the title, hopefully many more Websleuthers may be tempted to click and read from not only PA but NY, NJ, DE, MD. And maybe, just maybe, help figure something out.

....just a suggestion to whomever could make such change!

I wonder why the driver of the vehicle that pulled up after the kidnapping didn't get out of his/her car? He/she pulled up, had their lights on and imo could have likely seen Carlesha struggling.

Sarah, one of the reporters (her video link is above, along with facebook page of the news page and the comment) stated the guy in the car thought it was gun shots and so he reversed.

Well, the one thing that really struck me had already been mentioned, but I think it is worth thinking about again. Sweet, strong, brave girl fought so hard! I'm so proud of her! She never quit. So much that she broke out 2 windows in a matter of seconds! So, what would keep her from getting out of the car when he begins driving? Unfortunately, I think it can only be a couple of things- someone else was in the car to "receive" her (not what my gut tells me because there was only a struggle of the 2 of them on the sidewalk) or he had to instantly shoot her. I hooooope and pray that is not true, but she didn't show any signs of going willingly or submissively. I think people for miles around would have seen her jumping all over the damn place, if she could. I feel so sorry for her and her family. She seemed like an incredible spirit!

I just feel sick over this. To see a girl fighting to get free and being forced in a car against her will like that...it's almost too much. I read here all the time about kidnapped victims but this is the first time I've seen it. I've never felt so helpless here before.

Where could she be? What must she be feeling and thinking right now? Why?

I live in New Orleans... And the bad areas things happen all the time that people witness, but never saying anything because if they did then they are afraid something might happen to them.

Well, the one thing that really struck me had already been mentioned, but I think it is worth thinking about again. Sweet, strong, brave girl fought so hard! I'm so proud of her! She never quit. So much that she broke out 2 windows in a matter of seconds! So, what would keep her from getting out of the car when he begins driving? Unfortunately, I think it can only be a couple of things- someone else was in the car to "receive" her (not what my gut tells me because there was only a struggle of the 2 of them on the sidewalk) or he had to instantly shoot her. I hooooope and pray that is not true, but she didn't show any signs of going willingly or submissively. I think people for miles around would have seen her jumping all over the damn place, if she could. I feel so sorry for her and her family. She seemed like an incredible spirit!

I share all of your thoughts on what a brave, smart, and strong woman she is and she never quit. When I saw that she broke the windows, I thought, how did she do that with him holding her? I was thinking someone else was in the car, but I don't see how she could have kicked with them there. But then I think, if she kicked them out and was alone she would have jumped. I then thought, did he shoot her, as the man in the other car thought, right away? I just don't see it. Why do that so quickly? And right there...unless it was bc of the stuggle. But, I still feel he knew her or had been following her and or liked her. So, maybe he just subdued her. Drugs/needle/something over the mouth?

I share all of your thoughts on what a brave, smart, and strong woman she is and she never quit. When I saw that she broke the windows, I thought, how did she do that with him holding her? I was thinking someone else was in the car, but I don't see how she could have kicked with them there. But then I think, if she kicked them out and was alone she would have jumped. I then thought, did he shoot her, as the man in the other car thought, right away? I just don't see it. Why do that so quickly? And right there...unless it was bc of the stuggle. But, I still feel he knew her or had been following her and or liked her. So, maybe he just subdued her. Drugs/needle/something over the mouth?

I dont think he intended to grab her and shoot her, but she was way more spirited than he bargained for and didn't have a choice, is my guess. I hope not, but she was a spitfire and I love her for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie