GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think?? That would make sense. Also, is it typical for FBI to get involved straight away?

Curious if the perp is a known felon or if he's a suspect in other attempted abductions.

Yeah, if they plaster his picture all over t.v., he might take off and run, so they will just keep saying they aren't sure who did it...........till they have him in cuffs.

The dude granny brought up is the one they are after.......

Might be totally unrelated, but those plates on the front of the car don't look like PA's plates. VA has several types you can choose from. It reminds me a plate from here. Sadly a body was found on I 81 near Roanoke, VA just a bit ago. It was on the 12 Noon news. I don't know if related or not. But my heart hurts, and frankly that video was worse than any horror movie I've ever seen.

Yeah, if they plaster his picture all over t.v., he might take off and run, so they will just keep saying they aren't sure who did it...........till they have him in cuffs.

I heard her mention his name a few times before the presser started. Reporters were talking to her, asking questions but it was too chaotic to follow along. I'm waiting to see if any of it makes it's way to twitter.

My thoughts exactly.

They aren't putting this guys picture out there because they already know who he is...................

I agree.

It would be very unlikely that someone capable of this type of violent premeditated attack hasn't been in trouble before. The family said they didn't recognize the ATM photo, but thats not to say LE didn't.

I think its wise to keep it from the public. If this person knows they are onto him then it may push him to harm her. If he thinks they still don't know him and he won't be recognized on the street then they have more time to get to her and hopefully bring her home alive. JMO.

That was heartbreaking.

They are piling the reward money up high so one of his worthless friends will think the pay day is worth it to turn him in.

It's great they just keep 'dragging out' adding more money to the reward.

The more separate groups/agencies it comes from, and the trickling it out and not adding like the FoP and FBI ones in the same mention (FoP before the presser - so it was already going out online and twitter etc - and then FBI addition during it) each end up giving them a new "surge" by adding a new "story" basically.

Super smart move and I hope they keep doing it. Good momentum, too...

And they'll have to keep doing info this way given the election today.

I know it's not like they could have done a good version of the ATM thing by now likely anyway since it just happened, but holding off until later, letting the morning info get disseminated, some of the election talk to cool for awhile, and then releasing the ATM images will give them another "boost" to bring the story back up again in a few hours.

I heard her mention his name a few times before the presser started. Reporters were talking to her, asking questions but it was too chaotic to follow along. I'm waiting to see if any of it makes it's way to twitter.

I heard the lady in the orange sweater talking before the presser (before my computer crashed), and she mentioned two names of former acquaintances: Brandon and Demetrius. She thought that this guy looked more like one of them, but acted more like the other one.

Might be totally unrelated, but those plates on the front of the car don't look like PA's plates. VA has several types you can choose from. It reminds me a plate from here. Sadly a body was found on I 81 near Roanoke, VA just a bit ago. It was on the 12 Noon news. I don't know if related or not. But my heart hurts, and frankly that video was worse than any horror movie I've ever seen.

Her grandma said that she met some guy from Maryland, named Brandon, and the dude gave her the creeps so she told Carlesha not to have anything to do with him. She seemed to have plenty of bad stuff to say about this guy, and apparently her family thinks he is the one responsible.

You might be right--------no tags from Virginia on THAT car. They should be from Maryland.

This doesn't sound good. I know it's two states away, but I81 is a major thoroughfare and he's had plenty of time to get there.

This doesn't sound good. I know it's two states away, but I81 is a major thoroughfare and he's had plenty of time to get there.

Any toll booths that they can get a picture of his vehicle? Red light cameras and someone said here the bus might have camera.

I think they would have showed a picture of him at the ATM so they probably know who it is.

Where in Maryland was she originally from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just getting caught up, if she was abducted in PA and her atm card was used in Maine I think the FBI might be involved because it crossed state lines. ??????

Her ATM card was used in Maryland.

And I think the FBI were involved before the ATM card was used.

Her ATM card was used in Maryland.

And I think the FBI were involved before the ATM card was used.

I just realized I had typed Maine in error. Thanks for catching that! I removed my post. :blushing:

I honestly think she might be alive. If this man was stalking her, going through the effort to meet her off the bus, and then the ATM card this morning... I have some hope.

According to local Roanoke news, the body found there this morning is badly decomposed, they can't even say if it is male or female, so probably not related to this abduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.wsls.com/story/27267571/body-found-off-interstate-81-in-roanoke-county

Body in Roanoke area UNRELATED! Said decomposed, and dear Carlesha wouldn't be.

When hubby woke up this morning, I was describing the abduction, while asking at each point, what should someone do....every single thing he answered is what Carlesha did!! The only thing I couldn't tell if she hit him hard in the nose, but it did look like she kicked him in the gonads and that didn't even slow him down! After we talked, I played the video. Shook him up as everyone that has seen it. EVERYTHING we've told our kids to keep them safe, Carlesha was doing!

Whether she kinda knew him or not, that is the most brazen attack. He had no way of knowing if someone else was in those parked cars, if someone from that building would be looking out windows, someone would walk up, someone would drive up, police would show up, etc. And unless there is a delay or splice in the video, I don't think that bus stopped long enough for her to get off it. She must have been walked, and he spotted her.

My young daughter dated someone who was quickly becoming possessive. We as her parents noticed it, but she was naive, and without life experiences to let her see what was going on. We did read her facts about how the situation can start benign and become more and more about control. They did break up, but even then, her Dad had to speak with the guy to let him know there were others that might fit as a better match for him, and our daughter wasn't the one. Scary because the guy was only 17, and already with those traits!

My cousin is also in a very scary situation. If you pray, please pray for her. In her situation, it wasn't an out and out abduction. She truly wanted to be with him. BUT, once she was with him, she wasn't allowed contact with any family. Her brother tried to visit a week ago, was arrested for trespassing. She was being held hostage by the guy and his father!! Even had two babies, one at home without any medical assistance. Well, two days ago, while the guy was drunk, she got his phone and called for help. State police had to intervene to get her out of there. Now the scary part of keeping her hidden and him not knowing where she lives or family lives. Rough time for all. Some men will not let go.

I wonder what direction Carlesha intended to be walking in after getting off the bus. There was considerable time between when she stepped off the bus (which barely stopped, geez!) and she met with her attacker. You can't see where she goes when exiting (I can't see her exit either). Maybe she got off the bus, and then started walking the direction the bus had originally come from (so, to our left), and her attacker called out her name, she came back to see who it was, and then ran the other way (so, to the right). She was either just standing there on that corner for several seconds after being dropped off, or she'd started walking the other direction and was beckoned back, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member