GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what direction Carlesha intended to be walking in after getting off the bus. There was considerable time between when she stepped off the bus (which barely stopped, geez!) and she met with her attacker. You can't see where she goes when exiting (I can't see her exit either). Maybe she got off the bus, and then started walking the direction the bus had originally come from (so, to our left), and her attacker called out her name, she came back to see who it was, and then ran the other way (so, to the right). She was either just standing there on that corner for several seconds after being dropped off, or she'd started walking the other direction and was beckoned back, IMO.

Edited: After reading 2Hope4's post, maybe she wasn't actually on that bus, and was walking down that road, and he targeted her simply after seeing her walking, as you've suggested. For some reason, I thought they said she'd been on that bus, but it really does not look like it stops to let anyone off!

Forgive me if this has been discussed. Is that her regular route ? So if this is the perp she knew from Maryland, he would know she walked that way every day . Or perhaps they had just spoken on the phone and she said her location. You know in the modern world, we are constantly giving our location and it 's something that was unheard of 20 yrs ago. Someone calls and says ' what's up ' and you just automatically say ''Im at xyz store or driving on the xyz highway'. It's nature now to be constantly giving our exact location . Don't even get me started on the facebook ' sign in ' apps.

2Hope4- And unless there is a delay or splice in the video, I don't think that bus stopped long enough for her to get off it. She must have been walked, and he spotted her.

SBM
I think she was on the bus, but we need clarification on that. The bus stop could not have been right on that corner, I believe she got off the bus a few yards before, and it was just leaving again. He waited for the bus to leave and then walked down the other side of the street towards her. He knew. And SHE knew, because (by the unclear video) she appears to see him and then walk quickly away. MOO

Also, according to MSM (can't link from here), her grandfather stated she was only a couple of blocks from home. It would make sense for her to get off the bus there and walk the rest of the way.

Do we know that Carlesha was on/got off the bus? Has that been reported?

She could have been walking down the street that the bus stopped on. The perp could have seen her walking and drove ahead, parked and waited for her to arrive at the corner closest to his car.

Her family said that she was visiting her godson, so I assume that means it wasn't a normal time for her to get off a bus on her way home from work.

Huh:

LATEST: Abduction victim Carlesha Freeland-Gaither's card used at ATM in MD. She lived in MD once & had "aggressive" bf there, family says.

https://twitter.com/DKinchenFOX29/status/529708896831938561

I wonder if this is separate from the first guy mentioned? Because BF is very different than more just someone she knew (or it is to me) as was what was said earlier:

Family of Carlesha Freeland-Gaither say "aggressive"/"obsessed" man who knew Carlesha matched description of abduction suspect.

Someone obsessed with her since HS is scary...if you put it at the late end that still means at least 3 years!

Carlesha's family is suspicious of a Maryland boy who was obsessed with her when she went to high school in Maryland.
https://twitter.com/FarFarrAway/status/529701481226989568

Forgive me if this has been discussed. Is that her regular route ? So if this is the perp she knew from Maryland, he would know she walked that way every day . Or perhaps they had just spoken on the phone and she said her location. You know in the modern world, we are constantly giving our location and it 's something that was unheard of 20 yrs ago. Someone calls and says ' what's up ' and you just automatically say ''Im at xyz store or driving on the xyz highway'. It's nature now to be constantly giving our exact location . Don't even get me started on the facebook ' sign in ' apps.

That's confusing to me since they said she was visiting her godson...which seems like even if it was after work, that that still would mean a different time than normal.

I wonder if he had been sitting out there knowing she'd be leaving work eventually and just happened to pick the time she stayed late to visit (or went there specifically to do so)?

This is chilling and horrifying. Thank goodness for the camera. Otherwise there'd be the media, "maybe she went willingly" "maybe she ran off" or "maybe she was depressed." No. She fought like crazy for her life. I'm not giving up hope yet, but that video is simply horrifying. I can't get beyond the notion that this man knew her and it was not random. Amazing that she kicked the window out if that's what happened. Awesome.

Nothing of value to add. This is extremely scare to see. I can only imagine the fear she had. Her poor family. I hope she is found safe and healthy. This also opened up a whole conversation at work on safety. I haven't had to worry about standing or walking out in the dark alone for years but this year we became a 1 car family so I bus home. I need some mace or pepper spray. She fought hard and he still got her. I pray and I pray hard that she is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess it's not a regular route since she was coming from a godson's party, but I could be wrong of course. That may have been her regular bus stop (if she indeed did get off a bus), but probably not a regular time.

I didn't see this article before, lots of information about that evening. Carlesha did get off a bus a couple of blocks away. She was walking 6 blocks up Greene to her residence that she lives in with her boyfriend. She was supposed to call him and have him come walk with her, but she never called. He only found out when he called her cell phone and a detective answered. Ugh...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20141104_Abducted_woman_s_family___She_s_a_fighter_.html

Yeah, if they plaster his picture all over t.v., he might take off and run, so they will just keep saying they aren't sure who did it...........till they have him in cuffs.

The dude granny brought up is the one they are after.......

Does PA have DP?

I didn't see this article before, lots of information about that evening. Carlesha did get off a bus a couple of blocks away. She was walking 6 blocks up Greene to her residence that she lives in with her boyfriend. She was supposed to call him and have him come walk with her, but she never called. He only found out when he called her cell phone and a detective answered. Ugh...

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20141104_Abducted_woman_s_family___She_s_a_fighter_.html

OMG, poor guy

Well this article clears up a few things

Wow - I hadn't seen that either.

I would guess it's not a regular route since she was coming from a godson's party, but I could be wrong of course. That may have been her regular bus stop (if she indeed did get off a bus), but probably not a regular time.

Well then I would think her phone would give some clues. I'm thinking she could have text him ( assuming perp is well far away at his own home ) and given her location , not knowing he was a block or 2 away waiting to see where she was . ** speculative**

When I googled her name when I first heard about this, I did it without the first part of the hyphenated name (I didnt realize it wasnt a middle name). The first hit to come up was some website that you have a profile and then you can see who is near you. She was on her phone/ tablet/ ipad, or at least it was lit and in her hand. A stalker could certainly pin her down from there, if it was something she was active on. Didnt look at it much and didnt even make sure it was her in the photo, it just popped up when I searched.

I am thinking that she wasn't on the bus. It didn't stop long enough for anybody to get off or on. IMO

I think the FBI got involved so quickly because it's obvious this was an abduction. No one had to wait around for days and speculate as to whether she left on her own or not. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey