GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should outlaw that 'location finder' app. Did a stalker invent that awful thing? Ugghhh

It frightens me. I also cringe when I see people on FB tagging the self at places. I have disabled that feature for my profile. I don't need anyone knowing where I am unless I tell them. FB shares others profile pages, so I see where ppl are even though we aren't friends. It is so scary how much people share.

They should outlaw that 'location finder' app. Did a stalker invent that awful thing? Ugghhh

Eh, you can get the same info on Facebook. For those who use location finder.

Is anyone a member of Badoo? Or willing to become a member? ;)

I feel like we have no pictures of Carlesha, and I don't think the one they're using is very clear.

I am trying to plot the route from that article but I am getting nowhere because of all the N/E/S/W in front of the street names.

Hopefully someone more experienced can do a map.

But she didnt get off the stop there, she got off 3 blocks earlier. It seems as if she was avoiding getting off at that stop which would have been less walking but still placed her there at the same time, and having her b/f meet her to walk her home seemed something they talked about before so either she has been stalked on the bus route before and was trying to be different or this bus stop is a problem for her. I noticed that she runs as soon she see him..even before he runs.

I know the map posted shows the map to the route of the location between to bus stop and the ATM attempt, I find it a bit odd that it took a full 24 hours for this person to try to use that card and believe where ever Cg is it most likely along the 95 corridor closer to philly. The Maryland stop was probably inspired by last nights media and the tape playing over and over.

Being from the same general area I can navigate the Philadelphia public transit site, but wish I was better at doing maps! Tracing the route, she would have taken the "K" bus from her godson's house at 2nd & Chelten to Chelten & Greene, which is about 3 blocks away from where she was abducted. The bus we see on the video is not the "K" bus, but either the "H" or "XH" bus. You can tell by google mapping the 100 W. Coulter Street address and zooming in on the bus sign posted on the Greene Street stop sign. So she was not taking a different bus route to avoid someone, where she got off is simply the closest stop on the route available to her.

Someone on the news sites has the info. wrong, because the bus she would have been on does not turn onto Greene Street, it continues along Chelten Ave., she would have had to transfer to the "H" bus to be dropped off at the corner of Coulter Street. And around here, it is much easier to walk three blocks than to wait for a bus to show up to drive you those 3 blocks.

I am thinking that she wasn't on the bus. It didn't stop long enough for anybody to get off or on. IMO

Derek Alston, Carlesha's grandfather, said she had taken the bus from 2nd Street and Chelten Avenue to the stop near her home, at Greene Street near Chelten Avenue. Her mother said she was coming home from a visit with her godson.

Carlesha was supposed to call her live-in boyfriend so he could meet her at the stop to walk her to their home six blocks away on Greene Street near Hansberry, Alston said, but she never made the call.

Carlesha, who lives at 117 Hansberry St., is black, 5-feet-3, 125 pounds, thin with a medium complexion. She has a tattoo on her lower back, braided hair and a pierced tongue.

Surveillance footage shows that Carlesha's abductor parked on Coulter Street just off of Greene, three blocks away from her stop and just 17 seconds before the bus she was on is seen passing by Coulter Street.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...y___She_s_a_fighter_.html#0EH83bOJeblJS3Vu.99

She was on the bus. The perp crossed the street and intercepted her after she got off.

But she didnt get off the stop there, she got off 3 blocks earlier. It seems as if she was avoiding getting off at that stop which would have been less walking but still placed her there at the same time, and having her b/f meet her to walk her home seemed something they talked about before so either she has been stalked on the bus route before and was trying to be different or this bus stop is a problem for her. I noticed that she runs as soon she see him..even before he runs.

I know the map posted shows the map to the route of the location between to bus stop and the ATM attempt, I find it a bit odd that it took a full 24 hours for this person to try to use that card and believe where ever Cg is it most likely along the 95 corridor closer to philly. The Maryland stop was probably inspired by last nights media and the tape playing over and over.

Or, if the bus was on Chelten, she got off because it continued on down Chelten and she walked across on Greene St....the bus on the video may be a Greene St. Bus that she was never on. Makes sense if you Google a map...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sort of thought that the bus slowed but didn't stop
Is it clear that that is a bus stop?

If he saw her board the bus, all he had to do was follow, no matter what stop she used, he would see her

I don't believe this was a random attack/abduction so its quite possible she has been bothered before

This is such a frightening case. I do think this is a stalker, not a random abduction. And if this is someone who has been obsessed with her, and she has been rejecting him, it may have a terrible ending. I feel so awful about this one. She is such a fighter, such a great young woman, and with such a supportive, lovely family. I am praying hard for a surprising happy ending! :praying:

I am torn between thinking it was random and not random. I think it very well could be random since she got off the bus a few blocks from where we see her (correct?). He turns from the direction she was walking, so he passed her while she was walking. He could have either been behind the bus she got off and saw her, or simply saw her walking the direction she was walking, pulled down a street to park so he could grab her, and did just that.

However, the ATM in MD when she had a prior problem with a man from MD, and the fact the ATM man's photo has not been released, make me think they know who their guy is and it is someone known to Carlesha.

I sort of thought that the bus slowed but didn't stop
Is it clear that that is a bus stop?

If he saw her board the bus, all he had to do was follow, no matter what stop she used, he would see her

I don't believe this was a random attack/abduction so its quite possible she has been bothered before

I think that bus did slow, but did not stop. It slowed to see if anyone needed picked up, nobody was there, so it kept going. It was not the bus Carlesha had been on.

BBM because well, yes! Having BF meet her spells to me that she knew there was trouble. Couple that with getting off at a different stop. They know who this is and they will get him. IMO

I dont know if they ''know who it is'' per say.

This guy passed her walking , she saw the car turn onto that road. It is clear he was prepared to abduct someone, if she knew the car then why did she not go another way....either it isnt his car ,or her stalker wasnt someone she placed in a car as the bus stop itself would be the fear for whatever reason.

I think crime reports of near her and her b/f home and her job ,and her godsons home might be telling . If nothing is there then I believe the bus stops are main fear for her.

I dont know if they ''know who it is'' per say.

This guy passed her walking , she saw the car turn onto that road. It is clear he was prepared to abduct someone, if she knew the car then why did she not go another way....either it isnt his car ,or her stalker wasnt someone she placed in a car as the bus stop itself would be the fear for whatever reason.

I think crime reports of near her and her b/f home and her job ,and her godsons home might be telling . If nothing is there then I believe the bus stops are main fear for her.

Honestly, I think the main fear for her would be the same for any woman walking alone in Germantown after dark......just not wanting to do it. I'm not sure it has anything to do with a particular bus stop, intersection, or person.

I think that bus did slow, but did not stop. It slowed to see if anyone needed picked up, nobody was there, so it kept going. It was not the bus Carlesha had been on.

Had it stopped ,would the suspect assumed she had gotten on the bus?

I hadn't seen this before either - I had seen the name, and conflicting info on if he was the aggressive one who had also been the BF, or if he was another aggressive and obsessed guy but NOT an ex.

In any case, this seems to infer they knew he was around (or had been in the past) looking for her - and SOMEONE obviously knew that prior to this, as if it were only Carlesha and only the day he took her, then grandmother would only be assuming that and not stating it as fact as she seems to have done. IMO

Ana Mulero, Carlesha's grandmother, telling reporters man named Brandon had come looking for her, addresses reporters in Spanish and English

https://twitter.com/NewsWorksWHYY/status/529692554439426049

And since we also have heard that Brandon was one of the names and there was a second person they thought it could be, and that one looked more like the video guy but the other acted more like him, it seems to be further confirmation the Brandon bit when he came to find her had to have happened prior since otherwise they'd know for sure it was him in the video, if the only time they were aware of was now (and that being based solely on video)

(Hopefully what I was trying to say made sense?)

Why do you suppose she didn't call her BF and tell him when she would be getting off of the bus?
Wasn't that the plan? He was to meet her?

Might be totally unrelated, but those plates on the front of the car don't look like PA's plates. VA has several types you can choose from. It reminds me a plate from here. Sadly a body was found on I 81 near Roanoke, VA just a bit ago. It was on the 12 Noon news. I don't know if related or not. But my heart hurts, and frankly that video was worse than any horror movie I've ever seen.

If LE thinks the tag may be from another state maybe that's why the FBI was called in. Aren't they usually involved if there is a possibility of crossing state lines?

Why do you suppose she didn't call her BF and tell him when she would be getting off of the bus?
Wasn't that the plan? He was to meet her?

Good question. Wonder why she didn't :(.

Was the FBI called in before this morning when her ATM was used in another state?

I don't know if this has already been posted or not, if so, I apologize. But does this sound like her family thinks her friends are in on this?

Steve Keeley @KeeleyFox29 · 6h 6 hours ago
Family now believes Carlesha was set up to be robbed because people earlier Sunday sW her withdraw $$ at a local bank ATM twice @fox29philly

She had paid for pizza,food,&refreshments for gathering at Godson's house earlier&friends knew where she lived @fox29philly

Family member says "People there knew she had good job with good pay and set her up." @fox29philly

People knew she had made 2 ATM withdrawals Sunday at PNC bank on West Chelten Ave relative says. @fox29philly

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member