GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on the local news website that it is in Northeast philly on Roosevelt Blvd. Name- Acme
below is what was taken from NBC philly.

The FBI released new surveillance video of the person of interest Wednesday afternoon, as authorities try to find him and the missing 22-year-old victim.

The video was recorded Sunday afternoon, the day of the abduction, at an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia. Officials went to the store, located at 8200 Roosevelt Boulevard, Wednesday morning and collected the video. They have not said how they were led to the store.

Detectives are asking the public to look at the way the man walks, his clothing and what he purchased.

Oh my gosh, it is that store!
I was going to say, it must be an older store because the signs are a little dated.
I live about a mile and a half away and one of my good friends works in the bar next door.
Just as a frame of reference, the store is about 10 miles (half hour) northeast of the abduction spot and definitely not on Carlesha's route to her godson's house, unless she was in the northeast for something before that.

My first time posting here but long-time "guest" reader. I believe I heard on the local news that the police were there in under 3 minutes.

I heard the same and get the impression that LE was very quick in their response. FBI was brought in pretty immediately compared to other cases.

I will say (off topic) - I moved from a very large city a few years back and actually felt safer there than than in the suburbs due to police response time (and cameras). In my current location - an abduction like that would probably would not have been caught on cameras and it would have taken police a while to arrive.

I was going to say, it must be an older store because the signs are a little dated.
I live about a mile and a half away and one of my good friends works in the bar next door.
Just as a frame of reference, the store is about 10 miles (half hour) northeast of the abduction spot and definitely not on Carlesha's route to her godson's house, unless she was in the northeast for something before that.

Go dust for finger prints Binkie !

Wonder why no video from the grocery store parking lot?

I think LE is being selective about info/videos they release due to pending DA's case when he is found. Also, people across the globe are outraged by this . LE probably doesn't want any well-meaning vigil ante to "take care" of penguin man on their own.

Possible, but if she knocked out one window, why wouldn't she have jumped through it as she broke it? if he was in the front seat and hitting the brakes? She then went and broke the other window, so he didn't subdue her, if he did until after both were broken. Something else is going on.

If she was laying across the seat, she may have kicked them out but not had time to climb through before he tased/punched/whatever. Much easier to kick out a window than to try and punch it out if you're a woman - we have way more lower body strength than upper. That's what I would do, especially if I was flung into a seat and not sitting up to start with. So if he threw her into the seat and she was already laying down, she probably kicked it out but didn't have time to sit up and climb through before he did whatever he did to subdue her.

Where was the godson's party?

Roosevelt Blvd is notorious for red light cameras up and down it
Also there are PLENTY of other area grocery stores that he could have gone to that are closer and even more "corner stores".

But, closer to what?

I think LE is being selective about info/videos they release due to pending DA's case when he is found. Also, people across the globe are outraged by this . LE probably doesn't want any well-meaning vigil ante to "take care" of penguin man on their own.

This is an excellent point. I hadn't considered the vigilante problem before now - but that could be a very good reason behind how things are being released.

If she was laying across the seat, she may have kicked them out but not had time to climb through before he tased/punched/whatever. Much easier to kick out a window than to try and punch it out if you're a woman - we have way more lower body strength than upper. That's what I would do, especially if I was flung into a seat and not sitting up to start with. So if he threw her into the seat and she was already laying down, she probably kicked it out but didn't have time to sit up and climb through before he did whatever he did to subdue her.

If she broke one window, yes. If two, like they originally thought, it wouldn't really make sense, to turn your whole body around to break the other window. that's why I was confused. I think it was just one window...I guess. I am still a LOT confused about what happened in the car.

Excellent question. It's not as if they've scanned every security tape from every business in Philly and just *happened* to find this guy. It's possible that could happen, but not in the last 24 hours unless they had 100 people doing nothing but scanning videos.

Someone at the grocery store may have recognized him from the first video we saw and alerted police, who then checked the video of that store during the time the witness claims he/she was there.

I have been reading all the updates since last night and waiting for updates. Nothing much to add - it's all been said. Someone mentioned that the focus shouldn't be so much what the POI bought at the convenience store but what I found disturbing is that he was comfortable enough to leave the car and purchase one bottle of juice. Does that mean that no one was in the car at that point or that Carlesha was unresponsive? Either situation disturbs me because an alive Carlesha sitting in the car would not sit there quietly. She would use that opportunity to attract attention (my opinion based on prior actions). Also - did the POI make the purchase to obtain more cash? I thought I saw cash being handed back. I know many stores have stoppped the "cash back" option so I was just wondering if he used her ATM card again to get more money.

I am of the belief that this was not random because if money was the object...he could have robbed someone at an ATM or near an ATM. It seems he wanted her in that car. I also saw something in his back pocket on one of the still images someone here posted yesterday. I am trying to find that post because it was quite a ways back.

You unfortunately make a good point that he wouldn't leave an alive and well Carlesha in the car alone :(. From the little we know of Carlesha, she would have escaped.

I just watched the "handshake" video and she definitely puts her hand out first. I'm not implying anything by that, just noticing.

In self defense class I was taught to put my arm out and yell "Stay Away!" I wonder if this is a common tactic used in self defense classes across the US.

Her father said N. 2nd Street & Chelten Ave. Let me see if I can get a map up here real quick.

Thanks! Has it been reported what she did earlier in the day Sunday before the godson's birthday party? I can't remember if she worked that day or not.

Not sure if I heard correctly but on the radio there was a blurb about this and possibility of 2 men involved...damn not sure if I am hearing things or what?!:scared::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?