GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading all the updates since last night and waiting for updates. Nothing much to add - it's all been said. Someone mentioned that the focus shouldn't be so much what the POI bought at the convenience store but what I found disturbing is that he was comfortable enough to leave the car and purchase one bottle of juice. Does that mean that no one was in the car at that point or that Carlesha was unresponsive? Either situation disturbs me because an alive Carlesha sitting in the car would not sit there quietly. She would use that opportunity to attract attention (my opinion based on prior actions). Also - did the POI make the purchase to obtain more cash? I thought I saw cash being handed back. I know many stores have stoppped the "cash back" option so I was just wondering if he used her ATM card again to get more money.

I am of the belief that this was not random because if money was the object...he could have robbed someone at an ATM or near an ATM. It seems he wanted her in that car. I also saw something in his back pocket on one of the still images someone here posted yesterday. I am trying to find that post because it was quite a ways back.

I thought I read that the person in the car HAD called 911?

I believe it was the guy on foot who heard her pleas for help that called the police. I wonder when that call will be released and when we will know how police responded and how quickly.

Ignore me, I'm just thinking out loud here for a second.

1) This guy is obviously not afraid. He abducted a woman with surveillance cameras nearby, on a street with other cars, in an area where anyone could have seen him. He also used her debit card at an ATM, and went into a grocery store. Those are both places where, surely, he would know there are lots of surveillance cameras. I don't really know what to make of that. Has he done this before? Is he an experienced criminal? Was this not planned at all? Or, does he just not care about LE and thinks he is elusive?

2) The way he walks (almost limping?) makes me think he might have gotten injured during the fight with Carlesha (either on camera, or off). I didn't notice the limp when he was on video abducting her. Maybe he is injured.

3) What car was he driving to the supermarket, and the ATM? Is it still his car, with no inspection stickers and the windows kicked out? Or does he have another car and what is the description of that vehicle?

I believe it was the guy on foot who heard her pleas for help that called the police. I wonder when that call will be released and when we will know how police responded and how quickly.

My first time posting here but long-time "guest" reader. I believe I heard on the local news that the police were there in under 3 minutes.

I believe they did start the press release with that information (how long it took to respond), but I didn't quite hear what they said.

According to NBC Philadelphia, the FBI is going to begin posting Find Carlesha billboards around Philly.

I have been reading all the updates since last night and waiting for updates. Nothing much to add - it's all been said. Someone mentioned that the focus shouldn't be so much what the POI bought at the convenience store but what I found disturbing is that he was comfortable enough to leave the car and purchase one bottle of juice. Does that mean that no one was in the car at that point or that Carlesha was unresponsive? Either situation disturbs me because an alive Carlesha sitting in the car would not sit there quietly. She would use that opportunity to attract attention (my opinion based on prior actions). Also - did the POI make the purchase to obtain more cash? I thought I saw cash being handed back. I know many stores have stoppped the "cash back" option so I was just wondering if he used her ATM card again to get more money.

I am of the belief that this was not random because if money was the object...he could have robbed someone at an ATM or near an ATM. It seems he wanted her in that car. I also saw something in his back pocket on one of the still images someone here posted yesterday. I am trying to find that post because it was quite a ways back.

He had time in between the abduction and the ATM to ditch both the car and put Carlesha elsewhere, IMO, in which case he could well have not had reasons to worry about what was in his car at that point. It may have been a different vehicle altogether.

My first time posting here but long-time "guest" reader. I believe I heard on the local news that the police were there in under 3 minutes.

Welcome to WS Elle!!! Thanks for your contribution, that was a detail I did not know. Get stuck right in sleuthing :)

Thank you Kaylynn, I actually used to live in Germantown so this really hits close to home. Saying my prayers any chance I get.
I actually think this was a ransom-type abduction that went terribly wrong and I doubt we will hear about anymore activity on her card.

The video footage at the grocery store......that was before the abduction, right? I wonder if the parking lot had a camera. They show him exiting the grocery store, and most stores with video will also have a camera facing the lot. I wonder if there is footage showing him walk to a car that matches the description.

Wonder why no video from the grocery store parking lot?

Thank you Kaylynn, I actually used to live in Germantown so this really hits close to home. Saying my prayers any chance I get.
I actually think this was a ransom-type abduction that went terribly wrong and I doubt we will hear about anymore activity on her card.

Hello! Welcome to WS :) - glad to see you've got stuck right in!
Sorry to see this hitting so close to home - you must know many of the areas we've spoken about quite well. Do you know the location of the initial supermarket in Philly? It looks quite generic so might be difficult to pin point! It could be handy info though, for those of us with mapping skills.

The video footage at the grocery store......that was before the abduction, right? I wonder if the parking lot had a camera. They show him exiting the grocery store, and most stores with video will also have a camera facing the lot. I wonder if there is footage showing him walk to a car that matches the description.

Yes, about 5 hours before the abduction if the time stamp is correct.

:welcome: Elle. Thanks for joining us :)

I read on the local news website that it is in Northeast philly on Roosevelt Blvd. Name- Acme
below is what was taken from NBC philly.

The FBI released new surveillance video of the person of interest Wednesday afternoon, as authorities try to find him and the missing 22-year-old victim.

The video was recorded Sunday afternoon, the day of the abduction, at an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia. Officials went to the store, located at 8200 Roosevelt Boulevard, Wednesday morning and collected the video. They have not said how they were led to the store.

Detectives are asking the public to look at the way the man walks, his clothing and what he purchased.

I read on the local news website that it is in Northeast philly on Roosevelt Blvd. Name- Acme
below is what was taken from NBC philly.

The FBI released new surveillance video of the person of interest Wednesday afternoon, as authorities try to find him and the missing 22-year-old victim.

The video was recorded Sunday afternoon, the day of the abduction, at an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia. Officials went to the store, located at 8200 Roosevelt Boulevard, Wednesday morning and collected the video. They have not said how they were led to the store.

Detectives are asking the public to look at the way the man walks, his clothing and what he purchased.

Thank you!

Roosevelt Blvd is notorious for red light cameras up and down it
Also there are PLENTY of other area grocery stores that he could have gone to that are closer and even more "corner stores".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?