Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of new information here. Glad to hear they've hired a PI.

Thank you for the article. :)

1) While they were walking back to the friend’s apartment from the bar in the area of Vine and Franklin streets, Casey dropped her phone. After a frantic, unsuccessful search for the phone, Casey left in her Ford Focus at 5:51 a.m.

2) The family made contact with a city sanitation worker who found the phone the day after Casey disappeared and picked up when they called. Her parents said they were able to get into the phone and also have access to her bank account, but found no clues.

3) Casey’s empty purse, the sandals she was wearing that night and one sneaker were all found at her friend’s apt, but Casey's parents believe the contents of her purse are mostly in the backpack she kept in her car, which was typical of Casey.

4) Knowing Casey is an avid drinker of WAWA coffee, they stopped at every WAWA on I-95 hoping to find someone who had seen her or security footage that could place her at a specific location.

5) Casey’s family members, her boyfriend, and her friends have all been cooperating and searching for her.

6) Casey has tickets to a Luke Bryan concert and is supposed to take her younger sister for her birthday next week.

At 6 in the morning, I would want breakfast. At least a big coffee and a donut or something. Maybe she stopped at a Starbucks or McDonalds and ran into an unsavory character.
I would think she'd go thru a drive thru Starbucks or a McD's---I wouldn't want to get out of my car at that point. I'd just want coffee and a sandwich and to get back on the road.

Have they totally cleared boyfriend back at home? Could she have gotten home to an angry bf, wondering what went on the previous night?

I would think she'd go thru a drive thru Starbucks or a McD's---I wouldn't want to get out of my car at that point. I'd just want coffee and a sandwich and to get back on the road.

Have they totally cleared boyfriend back at home? Could she have gotten home to an angry bf, wondering what went on the previous night?
I checked the McD's, Dunkin, and other stops along Woodhaven Blvd that would have been easy about 6 am near Franklin Mills Mall. At least I didn't see her car.

The storming off part of the story is strange to me, how many times have we heard in a domestic situation “oh she just stormed off” only to find out something else happened.... it makes me weary that no one has found the vehicle and the idea she would leave by herself having lost her phone alone from the apartment as young as she is and I’m sure usually relying on her phone for things like directions and communication - if there was an accident, I don’t know how the car would also be missing for this length of time with people actively searching for it and her.

I wonder the context of what the disagreement was as to why she left because out of context it isn’t making a ton of sense.
----------------------
I agree. So many things don't add up. Did the friend remember what Casey wore the night they went out? That's not difficult information to recall.

Re: The photo of Casey in the leopard skirt and white top shown in the photo Who took the pic? Whose camera?

Most importantly, if the photo was taken right before they went out (which I'm inclined to think might be the case), Casey is wearing a shoulder purse/bag). If the empty bag was found back at the friend's apartment, that would seem to imply that Casey went inside the apartment before heading for home in her car.
Why would she not bring it with her before leaving for home?

What shoes did she wear when they went out? And did she leave those at the friend's place?

It sounds so convenient to say Casey just stormed off, which would give a plausible reason for her leaving her belongings, especially if she'd been drinking.
Do they serve alcohol at Hooka bars?

Do they have cameras at the places Casey and her friend visited that night and early morning, particularly the last one the friend says they went?

A few more thoughts:
Is it a fact that she was seen on video camera leaving in her car? I cannot find the specific link that states this. Also, I would like to know if the exact time and place of departure were indicated on this surveillance.

If the shoes she presumably wore that night were left at the friend's apartment, would the next assumption be that she drove away shoeless? I guess that's not unheard of, but I have a hard time picturing that scenario, particularly when the driver has been drinking. (It would help to hear the friend's assessment of Casey's alcohol intake that night (and morning).

So not only were both of Casey's sandals left at the friend's apartment, so was one sneaker. Why only one sneaker? That's odd.

I also wonder about the significance of that tattoo on her leg, the one that alludes to waking up from a nightmare. I don't recall the exact wording, sorry.

After watching the boyfriend on the interview done shortly after Casey disappeared, I did not get the feeling he was being disingenuous. He wasn't very emotional or visibly distraught, yet I still got an honest vibe from him. Anything is possible, though, and all that matters right now is finding this poor girl and bringing resolution to her loved ones.

Last edited:
Google Maps showing driving directions for the 40-45 minute trip from Vine St & N 12th St, Philadelphia to Southampton, PA.

ETA - I wonder what she was doing leaving that area at 5:30am. Does she work overnights there? Maybe she attended a party or rented a room at one of the nearby hotels. Just noting there is a Best Western Plus hotel on Vine Street right up from the intersection. XS House and Abode are both up 12th St. from the intersection as well.

As you can see, I am quite consumed by this case. I live in Bucks County, so seeing this happen to "one of our own" is heart splitting.

I went back to the first page of this thread and saw the above post, but am baffled. If Cassie lost her phone, how did she access Google Maps? Did she keep a laptop or Notebook-type device in her vehicle?

As you can see, I am quite consumed by this case. I live in Bucks County, so seeing this happen to "one of our own" is heart splitting.

I went back to the first page of this thread and saw the above post, but am baffled. If Cassie lost her phone, how did she access Google Maps? Did she keep a laptop or Notebook-type device in her vehicle?

I can't remember or I might just have missed it. Where is said she accessed Google Maps. Can you lead us to it? I think @YaYa_521 was putting up the google map, to show us what would have been a driving direction from address in Philly to her home.

1. Casey had a tiff with the friend who’s apartment she spent the night, right? Unless that tiff was through closed doors, wouldn’t that friend be able to state what Casey was wearing? Maybe not outfit, but at least whether she walked out with one shoe?

2. Is Casey on camera anywhere that morning? Casey. Not her car. Casey.

3. Where did she park? Paid lot, street, apartment garage?

I know about the car heading to 95 ramp, but I haven’t seen anything else.

I am not liking the amount of items left at the apartment. Something is not adding up. Just because the car may have been recorded getting onto I95 does not mean she was driving. On the fence between running off and foul play.

am not liking the amount of items left at the apartment. Something is not adding up. Just because the car may have been recorded getting onto I95 does not mean she was driving. On the fence between running off and foul play.

But surely if the friend had anything to do with Casey’s disappearance, s/he would have disposed of Casey’s personal items, saying Casey had taken everything with her. The fact that shoes and purse were found at the friend’s apartment makes the friend’s story more, rather than less, believable to me.

Does anyone have a clear account of the friend's story? Did her friend say that it was just a few girls at the house and they went out for drinks that night and then they went back to the house after the clubs? I say this because in one of the released photos of Cassandra apparently at 12:04 a.m. she took a selfie mirror photo. In that photo it looks like there is a reflection of a man at the table wearing a hat and in a yellow shirt. It's meaningless if this photo was from a different night although the clothes are the same and purportedly from that night and also if the reflection isn't a person. It sure looks like someone to me. If this is the case, is he known to investigators and has he been questioned? Not from a standpoint of guilt but investigators need to interview anyone with her that night to get a complete picture of what went on. According to friends is he part of the narrative of who was at the house before or after they went to the clubs? I've added a red arrow to the photo pointing to what looks to be a person.

Attachments

• man.png
    man.png
    880.5 KB · Views: 109
Does anyone have a clear account of the friend's story? Did her friend say that it was just a few girls at the house and they went out for drinks that night and then they went back to the house after the clubs? I say this because in one of the released photos of Cassandra apparently at 12:04 a.m. she took a selfie mirror photo. In that photo it looks like there is a reflection of a man at the table wearing a hat and in a yellow shirt. It's meaningless if this photo was from a different night although the clothes are the same and purportedly from that night and also if the reflection isn't a person. It sure looks like someone to me. If this is the case, is he known to investigators and has he been questioned? Not from a standpoint of guilt but investigators need to interview anyone with her that night to get a complete picture of what went on. According to friends is he part of the narrative of who was at the house before or after they went to the clubs? I've added a red arrow to the photo pointing to what looks to be a person.

It definitely looks like a male holding a small dog or maybe a cat. Would be interesting to hear from any of the friends from that evening out…

I have bipolar and unfortunately before I was stabilized or consistently took my medicine I would take off on spur of the moment trips. Usually after a conflict and I really couldn’t process conflict. Alcohol or drugs definitely did not help me at all. The difference that I see is that I would usually drain my account, even my bill money, unless I was staying with somebody or already had enough cash. And yes I would take off with strangers on occasion. I do remember my intentions were to start over until my cycle turned to depression. It was a symptom of my mania, but if this is unusual for CJ then it’s definitely cause for big concern. I really hope it’s a manic episode and she is safe on a beach somewhere enjoying the weather because it’s much better than any alternative. That can all be treated when she comes home. The cases that involve mental illness always get to me. Although I am in the group that believes in a yet to be discovered crash unfortunately. Please come home Cassandra❤️

This scenario would certainly be a blessed relief! The one thing that goes against this probability, however, is the fact that her bank account hasn't been touched the entire time she's been gone.

It is all very concerning, including the lack of information coming from police as well as conflicting reports; there must be a good reason for this, but I'm not sure what to think about the reports that contradict each other.

In at least two news stories it is stated that police found Casey's phone in an area near "her last known location. "

Another more recent report says the family made contact with a sanitation worker who answered the phone the day after Casey disappeared and claims to have found it. There is no mention of where this sanitation worker found the phone. I would assume he found it in a trash receptacle the day she fell off the radar (trash is typically picked up starting early in the mornings), but the article says this person "found the phone the day after Casey disappeared," so might this mean the worker found it on Sunday? Do sanitation employees work on Sunday?

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2021/07/16/cassandra-casey-johnston-disappears-buck-county-family-speaks-out/

Search for missing Pennsylvania woman intensifies two weeks after she disappeared after leaving friend’s house in Philadelphia

Things to take into account here... the area which she supposedly left from in her car is heavily trafficked at the early hours due to restaurant deliveries and very dedicated business owners who generally live above/near their stores.

If she was at a hookah bar then they most likely wouldn't serve alcohol but would be BYOB so there is no way to recount her alcohol intake. Only her friends would have an idea of that.

To me, leaving a purse or shoe(s) behind after a night out is only a red flag of intoxication. It seems she used said purse only for her phone and ID/cards, maybe a lip gloss.

The neighborhood sanitation workers aren't only trash pick up. There are street sweepers both with zamboni-style vehicles or broom and pan with a mobile trash cart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back