GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the person must have talked; maybe it was clearly a woman's voice?

I've seen the men that were perfectly capable of speaking and even singing in a feminine voice. So I'd say as long as the person in question isn't found and identified, we cannot be sure it's a female.

I wonder what would have happened if it really were the girls' mother who really did come to take her to breakfast and the school subjected her to extra scrutiny, demanded ID and refused to release the child because the mother's identity was shrouded? We'd probably be reading about a million dollar lawsuit for profiling and religious discrimination. The online buzz would probably be, "A little girl would know her own mother! Just because she's in Muslim garb, this school targeted her and she couldn't take own child!!! How outrageous!"

Ummm... Nothing would happen? As far a I remember it was in the rules that the school should demand ID from a person trying to check the kid out. And I cannot imagine any parents and grandparents, happy with the fact that the school of their kids and grandkids is ready to release the children into the hands of anyone who comes, without checking who this person is.

I've seen the men that were perfectly capable of speaking and even singing in a feminine voice. So I'd say as long as the person in question isn't found and identified, we cannot be sure it's a female.

Ummm... Nothing would happen? As far a I remember it was in the rules that the school should demand ID from a person trying to check the kid out. And I cannot imagine any parents and grandparents, happy with the fact that the school of their kids and grandkids is ready to release the children into the hands of anyone who comes, without checking who this person is.

Although I do not have the story, I read the abductor signed out the child and was told to wait for the child, but the abductor went directly to the classroom where there was a substitute teacher who was not aware that the child should not have been released.

Although I do not have the story, I read the abductor signed out the child and was told to wait for the child, but the abductor went directly to the classroom where there was a substitute teacher who was not aware that the child should not have been released.

He was not aware that the child should have been released either. It appears this teacher gave the child to the stranger without proper procedures being followed. And the child wasn't signed out. The abductor was told to go to the office to sign the child out. Instead the abductor went right to the classroom.

Not sure why some are trying to make the perp be a man?

Anyway, I am so shocked and sad by whatever this little girl endured and so relieved she was found, hopefully, in time for a full recovery.

I can't get over the fact that the abductor was in head-to-toe women's Islamic dress.

Aside from the fact that it is obviously is a great way to hide one's identity, it brings up a lot of questions for me. Does Nailla actually know this woman but didn't recognize her because she was covered? Is Nailla's family Muslim? If so, are there women at her family's mosque or community center that are usually covered all except for the eyes & whom know Nailla's parents but Nailla may not necessarily have ever paid any attention to/know because they are covered so completely? If we have any locals - Are there a lot of Muslims or members of the Nation of Islam in the community the school serves?

Is the whole Islamic dress thing a ruse (not only to prevent IDing the woman) but also to set up the a fall guy/girl - "oh, some Muslim lady took her" - like Susan Smith claiming some black guy took her kids. When you think about the anti-Muslim vitriol in the media, it would make sense. Seems like dressing in head-to-toe Islamic dress can be helpful to perps because they can't be IDed and also because they then are framing the current "boogeyman" from the media- Muslims.

I am so very thankful Nailla is alive. Poor baby.

Not sure why some are trying to make the perp be a man?

Anyway, I am so shocked and sad by whatever this little girl endured and so relieved she was found, hopefully, in time for a full recovery.

I don't think anyone is trying to make the perp to be a man. Since the person was covered except for the eyes, the possibility exists that it was a man.

He was not aware that the child should have been released either. It appears this teacher gave the child to the stranger without proper procedures being followed. And the child wasn't signed out. The abductor was told to go to the office to sign the child out. Instead the abductor went right to the classroom.

Stories now say the child was signed out, but the signature was not legible.

"There's a list of people who can pick a child up. She did sign a name but it's not legible so we are not quite sure who the person is."

http://gma.yahoo.com/girl-abducted-school-found-081137201--abc-news-topstories.html

I can't get over the fact that the abductor was in head-to-toe women's Islamic dress.

Aside from the fact that it isobviously is a great way to hide one's identity, it brings up a lot of questions for me. Does Nailla's actually know this woman but didn't recognize her because she was covered? Is Nailla's family muslim? If so, are there women at her family's mosque or community center that are usually covered head to toe who know Nailla's parents but Nailla may not necessarily have ever paid any attention to/know? Are there a lot of Muslims or members of the Nation of Islam in the community the school serves?

Is the whole Islamic dress thing just a ruse (not only to prevent IDing the woman) but also to set up the a fall guy/girl - "oh, some Muslim lady took her" - like Susan Smith claiming some black guy took her kids. When you think about the anti-Muslim vitriol in the media, it would make sense. And if so, trying to blame some non-existent Muslim lady for her kidnapping is disgusting (on top of how disgusting it already is). Seems like dressing in head-to-toe Islamic dress can be helpful to perps because they can't be IDed and also because they then are framing the current "boogeyman" in the media- Muslims. Sick.

I am so very thankful Nailla is alive. Poor baby.

Frankly, at this point, you can't really assume that somebody was framing Muslims. The child's family is Muslim.

Stories now say the child was signed out, but the signature was not legible.

"There's a list of people who can pick a child up. She did sign a name but it's not legible so we are not quite sure who the person is."

http://gma.yahoo.com/girl-abducted-school-found-081137201--abc-news-topstories.html

I believe she signed somewhere upfront and was told to go to the office, but went to the classroom instead.
This article says she signed at the school visitor's log. She was supposed to wait for child at the front office. But went to the classroom instead.

"School district officials said that allowing the girl to leave school with an unknown adult was a "serious break in procedure." District spokesman Fernando Gallard said the woman didn't wait at the school's front office as is district policy but went to her classroom and told a teacher that the child had already been "checked out" of school."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ia-girl-taken-from-school-found-outside-city/

I really think that there will be some sort of connection to the school or the afterschool program. The police stressed that this person somehow knew all the procedures, time frame she would be there (she missed running into Nailla's mother by a minute or two), location of the classroom and name of the student.

Why would a 5 yr old child go with this woman? It seems strange.

I'm an Occupational Therapist in an Elementary School. I evaluate kiddos that I do not know all the time. My room is in a modular building outside the main school, and every single one of those kids come with me without asking a question because their teacher tells them to. I go to a couple other schools just to do evaluations and do the same, and those kids have never seen me around the building before. I'm guessing this teacher told Nailla to go, and she did. She is just 5 after all.

I'm an Occupational Therapist in an Elementary School. I evaluate kiddos that I do not know all the time. My room is in a modular building outside the main school, and every single one of those kids come with me without asking a question because their teacher tells them to. I go to a couple other schools just to do evaluations and do the same, and those kids have never seen me around the building before. I'm guessing this teacher told Nailla to go, and she did. She is just 5 after all.

No Stranger Danger?

I can understand a teacher sending a student to you, as an OT, especially since other students go there for an evaluation. This would seem to be at the teacher's original suggestion. This, however, was not the teacher's idea.

I really think that there will be some sort of connection to the school or the afterschool program. The police stressed that this person somehow knew all the procedures, time frame she would be there (she missed running into Nailla's mother by a minute or two), location of the classroom and name of the student.

yes. and someone with inside knowledge of the school would also know where the lapses are in security and exactly how to avoid following protocol. MOO

I want to hear more about the chatting up the office staff about pregnancy. That wasn't really discussed in the presser and I think if it did happen as originally reported that person did that chatting with a very specific goal, goal being distract office staff from calling down to N's classroom and calling her to office.

My thoughts exactly! Nailla probably paid no attention to the woman when she came to the class. Probably coloring,or talking to her friends, consumed in her own world like all small children are, and just got up and left when the teacher told her to.

FOX 29 ‏@FOX29philly
Relative of kidnapped girl Nailla Robinson tells Fox29 News she is ok and still at hospital getting checked out with mom.

edit - oops sorry! that was from 4 hrs ago

Hoping I will log on later today and see ARREST MADE!

No Stranger Danger?

I can understand a teacher sending a student to you, as an OT, especially since other students go there for an evaluation. This would seem to be at the teacher's original suggestion. This, however, was not the teacher's idea.

It is a large school and I just started working at the school at the beginning of this school year. The students do not know me. Especially when I am at another school they would have no idea who I am. I am telling you from experience working with this age group, if a person in a school tells them to go with them they most likely will with no questions asked.

My guess is that this woman spoke with the teacher, and either the woman grabbed Nailla and said we need to go before Nailla could say anything or the teacher told Nailla that it was time to go. Nailla may not have even noticed it wasn't her mother until later, since her outfit looked exactly like her mother's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove