GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different reports of what she allegedly told police.

"Nailla told police that she was blindfolded and walked several blocks to a house, according to ABC News. Later, a teenage girl took her to the park."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2478955.html

"Chitwood says in addition to the female suspect, investigators believe a male suspect may also be involved. Chitwood say the young girl told investigators she remembers getting into a car with the female suspect and then going to a home where a male suspect was staying.

Chitwood also said the victim told investigators she escaped from her abductors.

“Basically she says to the Good Samaritan that she ran away from the people that took her,” Chitwood said."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...n-upper-darby/

There is also a story that a teenage girl took her to the park. So I am not sure what to believe at this point.

I wouldn't consider it a short time later. She went missing yesterday at 8:40 am and found at 4:30 this morning! We don't know how long she'd been there.

Relatively short time, then. Less than a day. What's the purpose of the kidnapping? Someone went to some trouble to get the child, why let her go in less than a day?

Relatively short time, then. Less than a day. What's the purpose of the kidnapping? Someone went to some trouble to get the child, why let her go in less than a day?

maybe she was sexually assaulted and then released. [ or she escaped.]

I am curious who is in charge of the investigation because all this information is being released by the Upper Darby police superintendent Chitwood, but the presser was held by the Philadelphia police who seem to be tight lipped. We might be getting information from Chitwood, who may not really be informed/involved in all of the investigation.

This almost seems like some kind of revenge or message of threat against Naila's family. These perps boldly and publicly take the family's most prized possession, and then released her later.

This almost seems like some kind of revenge or message of threat against Naila's family. These perps boldly and publicly take the family's most prized possession, and then released her later.
The child said she escaped, not released.

True. But I think she told the man that she "ran away" from the people that had her. I wonder if they wanted her to go (for whatever reason) and left a door open, or even told her to go. I have no idea. Nothing in this case makes sense. Not sure a 5-yr-old would think to run away and also be able to do so undetected. And unfollowed. MOO

I know she said she escaped. But I am not sure that she was not 'allowed' to escape. I don't think we know enough yet.

I just think that with the 'expertise' this kidnapper showed, it would be unusual that they would let a 5 yr old have an opportunity to escape.

True. But I think she told the man that she "ran away" from the people that had her. I wonder if they wanted her to go (for whatever reason) and left a door open, or even told her to go. I have no idea. Nothing in this case makes sense. Not sure a 5-yr-old would think to run away and be able to do so undetected. And unfollowed. MOO

THANK YOU. You explained this better than I did. I agree that the child might believe that she 'escaped' ---but they might have allowed her to on purpose.

How hard is it to keep a 5 yr old under control? I think if the kidnappers wanted to keep her there they could have. JMO

Wondering why she wasn't suffering from severe hypothermia if she was out all night. Her shirt was wet/damp, and the temp was 37 degrees. Hypothermia under such conditions can set in around 50 degrees. I wonder how long she was outside.

I just had a crazy thought. Maybe the kidnapper was a former student? I'm wondering if the teenager story may turn out to be true. Do girls get involved with gang initiation type of crimes?

this case is very curious, I'm wondering if the teenage girl and the 'woman in her 20's' are different people or the same person? if it is a different person I wonder if she waited until everyone was asleep and took Nailla to the park then went back home and to bed so she wouldn't be suspected? if this is the case I think it's important to find out who this 'teenager' is and what is happening to her?

Abducted girl returns home

Nailla Robinson arrived at her home in South Philadelphia Tuesday afternoon, nearly 30 hours after she was abducted from her school in West Philadelphia Monday morning.

Nailla's mother, Latifah Abdur-Rashid, carried the 5-year-old without comment into her house on South 4th Street about 2:15 p.m.

"She's traumatized," said her grandfather, Asim Abdur-Rashid, who said the family has no idea who would have abducted her from W.C. Bryant Elementary School Monday morning.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20130115_Abducted_girl_returns_home.html

Poor baby :-(

this case is very curious, I'm wondering if the teenage girl and the 'woman in her 20's' are different people or the same person? if it is a different person I wonder if she waited until everyone was asleep and took Nailla to the park then went back home and to bed so she wouldn't be suspected? if this is the case I think it's important to find out who this 'teenager' is and what is happening to her?

I am thinking along the same lines here.

Possible scenario:

The school imposter, a woman in her 20's, kidnaps the child and brings her home as a 'gift' for her sick, twisted, pimp/boyfriend.

The 'home' may include a few young women who work for the male. Perhaps one of them felt sorry for the little girl and helped her get to the park to hide until morning.

With the pervert having accomplices? Never heard of a case like that before.

Just the ones that immediately come to mind abductions by male/female couples:

Jaycee Dugard - abducted and held for 18 years
Elizabeth Smart - abducted and held for 9 months

Melissa Jenkins - murdered
Leslie Mahaffy, Kristen French, Tammy Homolka - murdered

Thanks for transcribing this. It is a big help.
I am so glad she was able to escape and that she was found by a kind stranger. Prayers were answered this morning for sure.

One thing that crossed my mind. I had never thought about it before.
Our schools have open house on a PTA night where parents can come in, meet the teachers and tour their child's room. It's a mad house going to each child's classroom when there is more than one child at the same school. Student names are listed on the door of each room and there is usually some sort of art work by students taped on the hallway walls. Anyone can come to the open house and walk up and down each hall usually labeled by grades looking at the names of students for each classroom.
So a stranger could be able to find a child and classroom easily ahead of time. Premeditated abduction?

I wonder how they lucked up on a sub being in the classroom? I wish we knew the reason the sub was there. Could the position be unfilled, child birth, major illness or accident of teacher or the family?

I am a substitute teacher. I can tell you without hesitation that I would never allow someone to take a child out of my classroom without speaking with the office first. Even parents are never allowed to go get a child from the classroom. If a parent wants to pick their child up , the secretary calls me on the intercom and I send them to the office to meet their parent. When I have to get one of my own kids out of class on a day that I am not working, I have to wait at the office even though I work there and everyone knows me very well..

Some schools use an online service to fill sub positions. In order to view the dates a sub is needed you have to have a password. You can then look to see if there are any jobs not filled and accept the opening. The only way to get a password, (which is unique to each user) is to be hired by the school district as a sub.

Quite often, the students know that they will be having a sub on a certain day because the teacher usually gives them a warning not to misbehave. The teacher I covered for today gives the kids an extra "100" in the gradebook if no one gets in trouble while she is gone. I can see a little girl telling someone that her teacher will be gone the next day. It's a little bit scary for a little one to know that they will have a stranger for a teacher the next day. That's why I choose to only sub at only one campus, so I am there more often, the kids know me and I know them.

Teachers usually leave instructions and lesson plans out on their desk the day before they are going to be gone. Janitors generally clean the classrooms after everyone is gone for the day. It would be possible that a janitor would see the notes on the desk and know that the regular teacher would not be in class the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hereforthechildren