GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUst logged on and :great: so happy to see she is alive and with her mom again. :dance:

But sad to think of what she went through. :cry:

I haven't seen this mentioned, so sorry if I just missed it.

I wonder if the teenaged girl who was said to have dropped her off might be the "woman" that took her in the first place. It seems strange to me that there was no mention of her before that - just a young woman brought her there, and there was a guy there. MOO

I haven't seen this mentioned, so sorry if I just missed it.

I wonder if the teenaged girl who was said to have dropped her off might be the "woman" that took her in the first place. It seems strange to me that there was no mention of her before that - just a young woman brought her there, and there was a guy there. MOO

You can watch the video of the child being taken out of school. The person looks rather large.

Oh thank goodness she was found alive!! My heart breaks for what she may have experienced while with her abductors though...I cannot even think about it. I have a 5-year-old myself and I would hope and pray that she would be as clever as this little girl was and be able to get away. Even if her abductors indeed let her go at the park, she was brave for having just gotten through that whole ordeal to STILL ask ANOTHER stranger to help her. Poor thing.

What a strange case. Cannot WAIT to see these 2 arrested. People like this will likely try something again if not apprehended soon. :furious:

Although I do not have the story, I read the abductor signed out the child and was told to wait for the child, but the abductor went directly to the classroom where there was a substitute teacher who was not aware that the child should not have been released.

6abcnews.com

Update 1:17 Today (1-15-13)

"Police: Girl Abducted From Phila. School Was 'Targeted'"

"Police said that woman was 'screened to some degree' and told to go to the school's office. However, police said, she went to Naila's classroom."

I've seen the men that were perfectly capable of speaking and even singing in a feminine voice. So I'd say as long as the person in question isn't found and identified, we cannot be sure it's a female.

Ummm... Nothing would happen? As far a I remember it was in the rules that the school should demand ID from a person trying to check the kid out. And I cannot imagine any parents and grandparents, happy with the fact that the school of their kids and grandkids is ready to release the children into the hands of anyone who comes, without checking who this person is.

It would be what they did in practice, and not what the rules say, that would be at issue. Do they ID every parent that walks in the door, even after seeing them countless times? I bet they don't. In most cases, it works out because when someone you know enters a room, you know who they are. When identity is concealed, it becomes a little harder. Yet, it probably wouldn't go over well if they only ID'd the Muslim lady over and over again.

I don't know the demographics of that area, and I don't think we know the details of how things went down in the school at the time, but especially if full Muslim garb is unusual there, I can see how this could have flown under the radar of school employees who have seen the mother many times and know she distinctively dresses that way. I can also see how they'd be reluctant to ask for ID given our cultural climate.

It would be what they did in practice, and not what the rules say, that would be at issue. Do they ID every parent that walks in the door, even after seeing them countless times? I bet they don't. In most cases, it works out because when someone you know enters a room, you know who they are. When identity is concealed, it becomes a little harder. Yet, it probably wouldn't go over well if they only ID'd the Muslim lady over and over again.

I don't know the demographics of that area, and I don't think we know the details of how things went down in the school at the time, but especially if full Muslim garb is unusual there, I can see how this could have flown under the radar of school employees who have seen the mother many times and know she distinctively dresses that way. I can also see how they'd be reluctant to ask for ID given our cultural climate.

I can't say about this school specifically, but it would not be uncommon in this area to see someone in Muslim garb. It's not a huge percentage but it is definitely not rare.

School already admitted they didn't follow procedures. So I fail to see why they would be reluctant to do what they are supposed to do-which is ask for ID and make sure the person is authorized to pick up the child.

Seems there is some confusion. I am reading that Nailla walked with the woman to a house a few blocks away blindfolded - and also that she was driven there.

Also reading she escaped from her captors and also that a teen female took her to the park.

Misreporting or something not adding up?

ETA: "Nailla told police that she was blindfolded and walked several blocks to a house, according to ABC News. Later, a teenage girl took her to the park."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/nailla-robinson-missing-philadelphia_n_2478955.html

They haven't even questioned the child properly yet.

Seems there is some confusion. I am reading that Nailla walked with the woman to a house a few blocks away blindfolded - and also that she was driven there.

Also reading she escaped from her captors and also that a teen female took her to the park.

Misreporting or something not adding up?

ETA: "Nailla told police that she was blindfolded and walked several blocks to a house, according to ABC News. Later, a teenage girl took her to the park."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/nailla-robinson-missing-philadelphia_n_2478955.html

ETA2: Now I can't find this in articles anymore - just on the google search page - "Nailla Robinson, Girl Abducted From Philadelphia Classroom ...
Huffington Post-3 hours ago
The tape shows her getting into a car, later determined to belong to ..... Nailla Robinson, Philadelphia girl, taken from school found outside city ..."

They havent released much so a lot of this is just rumor. I do know that this morning at the presser they said they did not believe a vehicle was involved, or had no proof of that at least.

If there was no car, then the person lives very close to school. Why would someone do all these things? Kidnap a child only to let them go into a park a short time later? This is all very bizarre.

Two different reports of what she allegedly told police.

"Nailla told police that she was blindfolded and walked several blocks to a house, according to ABC News. Later, a teenage girl took her to the park."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2478955.html

"Chitwood says in addition to the female suspect, investigators believe a male suspect may also be involved. Chitwood say the young girl told investigators she remembers getting into a car with the female suspect and then going to a home where a male suspect was staying.

Chitwood also said the victim told investigators she escaped from her abductors.

“Basically she says to the Good Samaritan that she ran away from the people that took her,” Chitwood said."

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...n-upper-darby/

I am so happy that she is safe now, but what did she have to endure while
with her abductees. I wonder if her daycare that transports her after school is involved, they would know the schedule of the school,school layout and mothers work schedule. Would also be aware of the religious dressing of the mom.

So, even though this is so close it still is two counties. Her school was in Philadelphia County and she was found a mile away in Delaware County (Upper Darby). Who is in charge of the investigation?

If there was no car, then the person lives very close to school. Why would someone do all these things? Kidnap a child only to let them go into a park a short time later? This is all very bizarre.

I wouldn't consider it a short time later. She went missing yesterday at 8:40 am and found at 4:30 this morning! We don't know how long she'd been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ