GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The say yes to education program sounds reasonable to me because I am under the impression that N and her brother attended school outside the neighborhood they live. and that program is a gateway to a few Charter and preferred high school choices so if their parents were able to get them accepted into the program it answers that question I've had since the beginning.

Did N's mother call the daycare to let them know N would be present after school that day since she had missed school a few days before? Therefore, someone on that end could know she would be returning to the daycare.

Did N's mother call the daycare to let them know she would be present after school that day since she had missed school a few days before? Therefore, someone on that end could know she would be returning to the daycare.

Good thought..They did call mom to say she wasn't there..

If there is a connection between the after school program and someone on Walton the whole taking N out of school for breakfast scenario starts to make sense as to why the perp didn't feel this was the riskiest way to snatch the child. If she was wearing garb that she has been known to wear anyway and had got called out during her attempt she could have played it off as she knew the child hadn't eaten and that the school breakfast program was over. She could have claimed the child's best interest was her intent and she may have only been told no way and the incident would have overlooked. just a thought

*opens up Skore bar and passes pieces round to those still craving chocolate

Not knowing if she was purposefully released or not is really making it hard to figure out how this all fits together.

Who is the teen possibly name China and what is her role?

The say yes to education program sounds reasonable to me because I am under the impression that N and her brother attended school outside the neighborhood they live. and that program is a gateway to a few Charter and preferred high school choices so if their parents were able to get them accepted into the program it answers that question I've had since the beginning.

They had moved recently, though I believe they moved to South Philly.

"Say Yes" cannot get you accepted into a charter school. It appears that "Say Yes" chose to be associated with Bryant, and then took fifty Bryant Elementary students into the program. The thing about their students going to KIPP and magnet schools is just a way to tout their own horn (but it doesn't even make sense as KIPP and all charter schools in Philadelphia are by a lottery basis). There is no "gateway" to charter schools, regardless of what any program says.

The only way she could be attending Bryant is if she lived within the catchment zone, gave an address within that zone (grandparents or father), or had legal reasons that necessitated her attending Bryant as opposed to her neighborhood school (such as a hearing impairment IEP- her neighborhood school doesn't offer services but Bryant does so she attends Bryant).

Catchment Zone Info:
Here is the pdf address: https://webapps.philasd.org/sp_files/boundary_maps/1230.pdf

If that doesn't work go to this site: https://webapps.philasd.org/school_finder/
then put in 6000 Cedar Ave and it will take you to the catchment zone for Bryant Elementary and Sayre High.

Some things that are nagging me- IMO, it appears NR was meant to be released, so why use your real name, why use a local location, why let a bird be heard screeching? Are these perps really that inept (although still not caught) or . . . are they really smart? Whomever took NR knew a lot about her family, the school, the community. I can't see how it was a spur of the moment abduction. There had to have been serious planning involved. She wasn't at school for two days beforehand, and she was taken immediately on her first day back- that was not just luck on the kidnappers part. They had to be watching and planning. So why would they make such glaringly obvious mistakes-give real names, let her see the area she is being taken to, etc.? Why? It makes no sense to me. Jmo

I have the same thoughts. I think they underestimated her abilities in some areas, and others were just mistakes. For instance I am not convinced that we are looking for a Rashida or a Tiffany or even a China at all. Unless she OVERHEARD those names, I am wary of any names given to her. I do think that they could have not anticipated her overhearing names.

It appears they took a long way to the house, so perhaps they mistakenly thought that would be enough to throw her off.

The bird I think they just completely overlooked. Plus, how would they explain to the children living there that the bird was gone? Perhaps they didn't think it was worth the effort and since the bird seems to be in a different room, they didn't think it would even factor in.

Did N's mother call the daycare to let them know N would be present after school that day since she had missed school a few days before? Therefore, someone on that end could know she would be returning to the daycare.

She has a sibling in the school, and it is likely he attends the same daycare. So probably on Friday, when Mom was picking up the sibling, she mentioned to a day care worker that NR would be back on Monday. This just solidifies the evidence against the day care worker for me.

From personal experience, whenever I have a child absent and then see their parents picking up another child, they will almost always come over to me to explain the absence and let me know when the child will be back.

Has anyone figured out where N and her family lived prior to their recent move to possible South Philly?

The only way she could be attending Bryant is if she lived within the catchment zone, gave an address within that zone (grandparents or father), or had legal reasons that necessitated her attending Bryant as opposed to her neighborhood school (such as a hearing impairment IEP- her neighborhood school doesn't offer services but Bryant does so she attends Bryant).

Here is the catchment zone for Bryant: Link

Wasn't the other missing girl, Chelsea autistic. She also went to Bryant, did she not? Maybe N has some form of autism. I have a daughter who is autistic, and her district-ed school couldn't meet her needs, so she went to a school outside of her district that had an autism program.

I would be interested in seeing what Bryant had to offer for Special Ed children....

Wasn't the other missing girl, Chelsea autistic. She also went to Bryant, did she not? Maybe N has some form of autism. I have a daughter who is autistic, and her district-ed school couldn't meet her needs, so she went to a school outside of her district that had an autism program.

I would be interested in seeing what Bryant had to offer for Special Ed children....

No, Chelsea attended Barry Elementary, which is nearby.

as to the bird, I wonder if the occupants of the home sort of tune the bird out. I know when I had a bird I would tune his behind out sometimes quite easily. Even though noisy a pet can be tuned out by owners to the point they no longer even realize how loud or noticeable they are to others. They are just so much white noise in the background to those accustomed.

I think only one occupant of the home knows the full deal and was in on it or behind it. I think others in the home may not have been involved, hence the hiding the child under the bed tactic.

The man is an associate of that one person.

"China" factors in how? Don't know yet.

As always the above is simply speculation on the known facts and is subject to change with the release of new facts.

I agree, I too would like to know how N came to be in that school when she does not live nearby. It may not be at all relevant, but with the school being the place of abduction it could be extremely relevant. IMO

Plus if she were involved in any special education services for some reason, that would widen the circle of those who may know her, be familiar with the school and or family.

starry77, the link doesn't work..

Fixed it!

In terms of her being released purposefully or someone doing it on their own, do you think if one person did it on their own that they, at least, would be cooperating with police? Maybe not. What do you think?

I am looking back on thread one,

They had just moved to West Philly from South Philly 2 weeks before N was kidnapped..

Don't confuse me any more than I am please..

looking for a link that says this..

*opens up Skore bar and passes pieces round to those still craving chocolate

Not knowing if she was purposefully released or not is really making it hard to figure out how this all fits together.

Who is the teen possibly name China and what is her role?

I am fighting off a nasty bout of pink eye/sinus infection, and chocolate always makes me feel better :)

Not knowing the name of the after school program is making it difficult also...

Also, what if the abductors said the name "China" to throw N off, knowing that IF she led them to the house, neighbors with the last name of China lived on that block and thus would be suspected?

IDK, all of this seems so convoluted to me... and my fever and chills are not helping my sleuthing skills at the moment... :(

Fixed it!

In terms of her being released purposefully or someone doing it on their own, do you think if one person did it on their own that they, at least, would be cooperating with police? Maybe not. What do you think?

From what I have heard of this town, it is a pretty tight lipped environment, so I doubt it.... but I could be wrong, she obviously took a HUGE chance releasing her....

I was curious about this also. I know Chelsea went to another school but I wonder if she was ever at Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro