GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been lurking and reading about this case. Great sleuthing work, I'm just waiting and hoping for an arrest soon. I've been searching the say yes pages as well as facebook and there are some many things I want to say. I'll hold back and go read the rules to get familiarized.

They had moved recently, though I believe they moved to South Philly.

"Say Yes" cannot get you accepted into a charter school. It appears that "Say Yes" chose to be associated with Bryant, and then took fifty Bryant Elementary students into the program. The thing about their students going to KIPP and magnet schools is just a way to tout their own horn (but it doesn't even make sense as KIPP and all charter schools in Philadelphia are by a lottery basis). There is no "gateway" to charter schools, regardless of what any program says.

The only way she could be attending Bryant is if she lived within the catchment zone, gave an address within that zone (grandparents or father), or had legal reasons that necessitated her attending Bryant as opposed to her neighborhood school (such as a hearing impairment IEP- her neighborhood school doesn't offer services but Bryant does so she attends Bryant).

Catchment Zone Info:
Here is the pdf address: https://webapps.philasd.org/sp_files/boundary_maps/1230.pdf

If that doesn't work go to this site: https://webapps.philasd.org/school_finder/
then put in 6000 Cedar Ave and it will take you to the catchment zone for Bryant Elementary and Sayre High.

...or the family could have previously lived in West Phila., before recent move to South Phila., and didn't notify the school of change in address.

It is convoluted, fever or no.

I don't know. LE told us that the girl MAY go by the name China or Chyna. I am wondering if the MAY in that sentence is because she was introduced to N by that name and therefore that name is probably an alias. Or if they used MAY because N overheard someone calling her something that MAY have been China.

sigh. My brain hurts.

Hi,
I've been lurking and reading about this case. Great sleuthing work, I'm just waiting and hoping for an arrest soon. I've been searching the say yes pages as well as facebook and there are some many things I want to say. I'll hold back and go read the rules to get familiarized.

:seeya: WELCOME!!! we would love to here your theories. Please, please, share.

From what I have heard of this town, it is a pretty tight lipped environment, so I doubt it.... but I could be wrong, she obviously took a HUGE chance releasing her....

I'm local and it is definitely tight lipped but I mean within the HOUSE itself. If three women are being questioned and one is not involved but instead helped NR escape, I wonder how long it would take for her to throw the others under the bus? I just think they all had to be aware to some extent. I really doubt one of the three women helped her to escape without permission. And if someone DID help her, I doubt they would still be around to talk to police...

Also, I don't know if Chelsea ever attended Bryant Elementary School, but she did previously attend KIPP (West, I think?).

I don't think NR has been diagnosed with autism. It is very uncommon for a kindergardener to come in with that diagnosis, and if she had it, she would be in a school with an autistic support classroom and Bryant (as per their website) does not offer an autistic support classroom.

No, NR and mom moved TO South Philly. As per this article, they are currently residing on South 4th. http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20130115_Abducted_girl_returns_home.html

If the teen released the child unbeknownst to the abductor and the male then she took a huge risk and they already know she is the one who did it MOO.

So if she was not supposed to release N then she is in a world of hurt.

I suspect she is a relative of someone involved. If she released the child unauthorized, she did so because she wanted to protect the child and took a great risk to do so.

I don't know that she would want to turn in her relative tho. That would be a tough one.

I am still torn between believing N was released on purpose or unexpectedly.

:welcome5: A2Z :)

quick rundown on rules on FB and social sights. We cannot post about things we are reading on FB if they are not involving named suspect or the victim. Even when we can post info gleaned from FB we cannot copy and paste, merely paraphrase. We can link FB pages but again, only if those people are suspects or the victim.

At this time there are no suspects and our victim being five has no FB etc. So for the moment no FB belonging to individuals can be discussed or linked here.

So glad to have you join us. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the case.

I think she was released on purpose..

I can't find where it says they moved in two weeks before N was kidnapped.. Then again I can't find a link that says they moved out 2 weeks before..I am going to vote for my memory..

Welcome to WS A2Z!! can't wait to hear your theory!

Okay, there is nothing that says general facebook pages can't be posted, so I think this link is okay. If not, I'll delete.

Link

This is a page, liked by relatives of the victim, that discusses and has links to the case. It seems to be local Muslims mostly.

NR's aunt and grandfather are both very well known and outspoken in the Muslim community. Is it possible that the man wanted revenge against the grandfather, and then used the three women to get NR for him? Could he have orchestrated this whole scheme and the three women were working for him to carry it out? He could have found a link with the daycare and paid them for their "services". They might not be talking for fear of his wrath. Just a thought...

Can't we all just go down stairs and talk about this? ..besides we can drink down there..

According to William Cullen Bryant Elementary Schools website, they do have Special Education teachers...

Yes but that's not the same thing as an autistic support teacher in this district. Special Education teachers manage mainstream students who, while they have IEPS, are learning in inclusive classrooms. Most students in Philadelphia with autism will attend schools that have an additional type of support- an autistic support classroom where there are multiple teachers (or a teacher and an aide) who exclusively service autistic children all day. Of course the parent might not agree to this and want their child mainstreamed, but the autistic support classroom is the norm.

Example: http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/schools/l/henry-c.-lea/our-faculty--staff
Henry C. Lea, a school in West Philly, has not only Special Education teachers for mainstreamed students but also autistic support classrooms/teachers for each grade band.

Yes but that's not the same thing as an autistic support teacher in this district. Special Education teachers manage mainstream students who, while they have IEPS, are learning in inclusive classrooms. Most students in Philadelphia with autism will attend schools that have an additional type of support- an autistic support classroom where there are multiple teachers (or a teacher and an aide) who exclusively service autistic children all day. Of course the parent might not agree to this and want their child mainstreamed, but the autistic support classroom is the norm.

Example: http://webgui.phila.k12.pa.us/schools/l/henry-c.-lea/our-faculty--staff
Henry C. Lea, a school in West Philly, has not only Special Education teachers for mainstreamed students but also autistic support classrooms/teachers for each grade band.

Right, but maybe N has a learning disability that requires an IEP, and Bryant is the school that can best fit that need? :dunno:

Really I love how Amber Dawns map is over there too..
That means someone local and connected reads here.
We would hope you would join us! Perhaps you have.
We all want the same thing justice for beautiful baby N

EspeciallyHeather,

I'm no mod but you may want to edit your post about SE teachers to change their names just to their initials

I know it is publicly available on the school webpage but when someone google searches their names we would not want their names to pop up in association with a criminal case discussion thread KWIM?

Just saying, lots of employers google their prospective hires now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro