PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does that????? Especially if their children are hung like that,and it was 'Bullying' and or 'online XBOX influence'. Who wouldn't give investigators full access to everything?????????
I don’t know. It makes my head hurt to think about it. I used to live in the area (15 miles).

Last edited:
From the Reading Eagle, 10/16/19, 5:03 PM

Bullying may have prompted deaths of Albany Township children, according to radio traffic

The boy, 8, and girl, 4, were found hanging and unresponsive by their mother. "She mentioned the 8-year-old has been bullied and has made threats of doing this but didn't want to go alone," a dispatcher said on the day of the incident.

WRITTEN BY DAN KELLY AND JEREMY LONG

A radio communication between Berks County dispatchers and first responders adds details in the deaths of two Albany Township children.

Conner Snyder, 8, and Brinley L. Snyder, 4, were unresponsive when discovered by their mother, Lisa Rachelle Snyder, 36, but were revived on their way to the hospital, investigators said. The children were placed on life support and pronounced dead three days later in Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown.

The mother found them hanging from the basement rafters by a dog lead, state police say.

Snyder called 9-1-1 shortly after 4:30 p.m. and county dispatchers sent first responders to the scene.

Before heading to the house, a first responder asked if there was any indication from the call if the scene was safe or how the children ended up there, according to radio communications on Broadcastify.

According to the Broadcastify file of the radio traffic, the dispatcher responded: "She mentioned the 8-year-old has been bullied and has made threats of doing this but didn't want to go alone. … At this time it should just be the mother and the two children on scene."

Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams said he had no comment.

"It is a very active investigation," he said.

Adams said anyone with information should contact his office or state police.

Broadcastify is a website that carries emergency radio dispatches and archives them.

Troopers said they received a call from Berks County Communications on Sept. 23 at about 4:30 p.m. with a report of two juvenile victims found hanging and unresponsive in the basement of 2442 Route 143. They obtained six warrants to search the home for evidence.

The children were found hanging from opposite ends of a plastic coated dog lead that had been wrapped around the main support beam of the basement ceiling, according to an affidavit in support of a search warrant.

Two chairs that had been taken from the house's dining room were tipped over on the floor on either side of the bodies, court papers say.

Medics from the Kempton Fire Company found the children, who were then flown to the hospital. The victims were in full cardiac arrest before being revived en route to the hospital. They were admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit on full life support.

Three days later, on Sept. 26, the children were removed from life support. They were pronounced dead 14 minutes apart.

Lisa Snyder and her 17-year-old son, who was living in the house, told troopers that Conner Snyder frequently played video games and would surf the internet using an XBox gaming console. Police seized the console, cellphones, two tablets and a laptop computer, according to court papers.

During a later interview, Lisa Snyder told troopers she owned a black medium-sized dog, a husky pit bull mix weighing about 50 pounds. She said the dog had been kept outside the residence attached to a wire cable lead with a plastic coating. Troopers said Lisa Snyder has since given the dog away.

Troopers also seized copies of the medical records and toxicology testing done on the children at the hospital prior to and after their deaths.
Standouts imo & thank you for your link:
According to the Broadcastify file of the radio traffic, the dispatcher responded: "She mentioned the 8-year-old has been bullied and has made threats of doing this but didn't want to go alone. … At this time it should just be the mother and the two children on scene."
The children were found hanging from opposite ends...
Troopers also seized copies of the medical records and toxicology testing done on the children at the hospital prior to and after their deaths.

Excuse me as I go for tissues & blow.
Should I stay? ~ Should I go?
Oh, I don’t know.
So many in a row.
I’ll lay low.
Until I know.

I never read that.

I know I read it in the first article I read and posted but it looks like that article has now gone poof. I'm still looking.

I wasn't sure where to put this since these kids were never missing and nobody has said if anything criminal occurred, so as of now it is not a crime. It's just a big mystery. This is in northern Berks County.

Deaths of Berks siblings still a mystery after autopsies

"The children died last Thursday at Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown, where they were flown last Monday from a home in the 2400 block of Route 143 in Albany Township."

I never read that.

I just hope to God that Conner's friends and classmates didn't have to be interviewed by LE because of the bullying claims. If "we're" making these claims, then I think it's fair to mention that some people are making claims that those of the mother aren't true and that Conner was actually pretty popular at school. And about the toys... Jesus Christ, I could never.

IMO mom talking about bullying, etc. on the 911 call instead of dealing with the situation at hand, like I don’t know, trying to CUT HER CHILDREN DOWN raises giant red flags. How many times have we seen where the caller gave a bunch of extraneous information (reasons, excuses, background) to 911 those cases all ended up taking a same specific turn?

IMO mom talking about bullying, etc. on the 911 call instead of dealing with the situation at hand, like I don’t know, trying to CUT HER CHILDREN DOWN raises giant red flags. How many times have we seen where the caller gave a bunch of extraneous information (reasons, excuses, background) to 911 those cases all ended up taking a same specific turn?
So true! The talk about bullying would be something you'd tell LE after the fact, not the 911 operator.

sitting on my hands like many of you I bet but also... the method, thinking of how this happened... the chairs, the beams, the dog lead... but the chairs get me most. Who tipped those chairs over? Only happened simultaneously if, well, can't opine yet on how that might gave happened...

message or mental illness? what 8 year old thinks this up? oh wait...

ETA: some junk for clarity

Last edited:
sitting on my hands like many of you I bet but also... the method, thinking of how this happened... the chairs, the beams, the dog lead... but the chairs get me most. Who tipped those chairs over? Only happened simultaneously if, well, can't opine yet on how that might gave happened...

message or mental illness? what 8 year old thinks this up? oh wait...

ETA: some junk for clarity
I hear ya. I cannot imagine an 8 year old saying, "You know, Mom, I'd like to kill myself but I want to take someone along with me when I go." AND, if a child would say something like that, wouldn't you get that child help?

We know paramedics cut the kids down when they got there. We also know the chairs were laying on the floor. That means she not only didn't try to cut them down but she also did not even put the chairs back under their feet. They were three feet apart from each other. She could maybe have kind of stood them back up and wrapped her arms around them to take the weights off their necks. The more I read and think, the more angry I become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper