Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it is much more about an astounding number of similarities between many of them, that IMO ought to result in the FBI taking a . look.

The I-94 is more that interesting , common 18 wheeler that is a raging homophobe.

Next time he is in town he does the dump.

smile
body build
educated
employed
with friends
alcohol
invested family systems
time passage until body surfaces
cell phone oddities
typically in cold
region
often accomplished in another arena (ie sports/music)
well liked
have social skills

If ya go back thro em ALL of em pretty much (pretty much) have many of these.

And IMO , cant stress enough - looks are what an ignorant homophobic would think gay me "look" like--take what we thing their orientation is and throw it out.

A raging homophobic on the hunt and sees the folks walking on the other side of the street:

getz.0.jpg

smileyfacekiler_fullsize_story1.jpg

Dailey.jpg

jonathan-dailey-1200x675.jpg

This thread is about Dakota James and his case. Why do you keep hi-jacking it for your own agenda? If you want to talk about the I-94 killings, please go to a thread dedicated to that. Please let's get back to Dakota.

At first glance, it would appear that swimming in the ocean is far more dangerous than swimming in a lake. Crashing waves and riptides can easily sweep beachgoers to their doom. But shockingly enough, about 90 percent of drowning cases occur in freshwater. The reason involves a bit of chemistry. Fresh water is more similar in composition to our own blood than salt water. When it is inhaled into the lungs, it passes into the bloodstream through osmosis. When the blood is so radically diluted, cells burst, leading to organ failure. The entire process takes two to three minutes.

Ocean water contains far more salt than human blood. When it is aspirated, the body attempts to regulate itself by transferring water into the lungs, thickening the blood. It takes considerably longer to kill a person, between 8 to 10 minutes, allowing a much greater chance of rescue.

I guess from reading this a river is fresh water so Dakota would of drowned in 3 minutes and that would of been under normal conditions not in ice cold water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. You must have forgotten this linked I post (you already reviewed it):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ittsburgh-25-Jan-2017&p=13211436#post13211436

IMO, the ME assumed death preceded entry in to the river due to them finding no water in the lungs but according to the government study (at the link) regarding dry-drownings, spasms can occur that prevent water from entering the lungs due to cold water shock. JL was not necessarily deceased when he entered the water. Even the ME was reluctant to back his/her conclusion "100%", which is what I base my opinion on the ME "assumed death preceded entry".

It just hit me that he had not even be there that long. A body underwater for weeks - would have water in the tissues just by virtue of being immersed under moving water for a month and a half.

I think they threw in some catchphrases (not with a 100% certainty etc etc) the old adage that what makes the most sense , in most instances, is probably what happened.

It you take in some specifics of Joey case:

- Death labeled as suspicious all along.

- we had conflict with some dental person.

- we had conflict with his best friend

-we had active Grindr user

-We had some "date" that night-that remains totally convolted!

-We had a sea of steroid body building people in the area by the thousands.

- We had acknowledgment of being in a vehicle - that was not his

- We had like 90 minutes of cell phone activity after he left bar (to me that translates to a hook up gone very wrong)

-We had a strange text

-IIRC - his phone was never found

-We have actual video after months in the bar indicating that he was not, at that point impaired. His movements were with decision, required astute navigation to get around the people in his way to the door etc. His behavior was goal directed in the bar.

- In the video his gait was appropriate - he danced, flirted etc with no problem.

-before leaving he hit the bathroom , something someone with their "wits" about them would do prior to leaving a bar

- In sum I think omo looking at it in its entirety - Joey did not fall and drown, or go anywhere to urinate, his drug screen showed nothing. IMO he was murdered............

I do think we should stick to talking about Dakota on here....or things that relate to him.

No offense but are minds are wandering.,,

http://www.wtae.com/article/more-tests-needed-to-find-cause-of-death-of-dakota-james/9105786

bbm

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Could the condition of the body have precluded the ME from declaring a definitive COD? We do not yet know if this is a WIL or NWIL situation but it is interesting that "toxicology" seems to be a pivotal factor for the ME in determining both COD and MOD. Also interesting is no report of an estimation as to how long the body may have been in water.

Which ever the case, it is good to see the ME is being careful, perhaps extra meticulous since it could be considered a "high profile" case. They are determined to 'get it right' for the family.

I thought that was interesting too - no mention estimated time in water. But they did make sure to quietly let us know ( I remember them saying IDed as a result of "physical" evidence) that it was through his wallet , which translated to me that there was some decomp related to water- that is just speculation on my part tho!

They are not gonna tell the world for a couple of months IMO that is how it works these days. Wait for the story to be "replaced"

I am not a coroner - but I truly do not recall it take 2-3 months for this stuff, in the old days when technology was far less sophisticated

I think this might be even longer - mom has been vocal. .

I thought that was interesting too - no mention at all of estimated time in water. But they did make sure to quietly let us know that it was through his wallet , which translated to me that there was some decomp related to water- that is just speculation on my part tho!

I think there would be quite a bit of decomposition...I was reading that in cold water the organisms and the fish would be somewhat dormant but as water temperatures increased they would become active... When the organisms become more active gases will form and that's what made the body rise to the surface and float down the river...

That is why he was found not that far from where they think he went in. He was on the bottom for over a month probably because of the water temperature...

I have thought what if he met up with someone under the bridge by the river for a hook up (secluded, chilly, somewhat romantic, and outside) and decided he wasn't interested and that person wasn't what he expected. Politely said no thanks now and get pushed into water? Clothes weighing you down, water freezing, intoxicated, struggling to get back up making you panic and exhausted. Just because you rejected someone you thought was a good idea before you actually met them. It could happen.

I am confused as to how we got to that those steps were the point of entry??

He was last seen on a camera I thought a crossed the street from that bridge. The steps are right there on the left side I think when you were facing bridge on the side he was on going down to the River Walk...

I watched a video on here where someone walked and retraced Dakota's steps...It actually showed how he could of stepped right into deep water.

OMO

but I think trying to figure out that stuff does not rely on past/similar info. is actually narrowing

It's akin to saying if we have had 47 Corvettes crashes, lets only focus on this crash - that might limit our ability to embrace other options which, in all likelihood , at the end of the day, will be helpful in understanding this tradegy

Similarities, in any context about anything are always helpful in tyring to understand a current situation!!

Let's be sure not to put on blinders , in an effort to understand this.

Shining a flashlight in only one location, can often lead to missing something right near the beam of light

Broad , exploratory views IMO are usually best

It can be confusing to mistake curiosity or inquisitiveness and label it as an "agenda" as opposed to a different path !

Just mo, I don't think anyone here has an "agenda" we have curiosity and are willing to take another highway if that might help us find out what happened. We are broad and open in our efforts to figure things out

moo

I think there would be quite a bit of decomposition...I was reading that in cold water the organisms and the fish would be somewhat dormant but as water temperatures increased they would become active... When the organisms become more active gases will form and that's what made the body rise to the surface and float down the river...

That is why he was found not that far from where they think he went in. He was on the bottom for over a month probably because of the water temperature...

I think after Joey I am not sure that Dakota had been in the water from the night of disappearance.

BUT ,IMO that is a total crock, that right now this minute , a seasoned cornor can not give a pretty accurate estimate of how long a body had been submerged - thats autopsy 106!

A tox screen has zero to do with how a body decomps - they know now pretty exactly how long he was in the water.

Like in 6 weeks what is going to change that part of the autopsy -- nothing !!

I dont know body temp, skin slippage, state of attire, rigor mortis

I would bet a regular cop would have an idea

rescue divers sure would- on scene

It just does not take three months to ascertain that angle of the story

politics are the pits huh?

moo

The whole river trail does not have a barrier between the trail and falling into the water.

attachment.php

Attachments

• river trail.png
    river trail.png
    97 KB · Views: 252
I posted in the last thread the image of DJ walking through Katz Plaza, on which I marked what I believed to be an automobile traveling west on Penn Ave.. The vehicle appears to be directly in line with DJ's location in the Plaza.

I hope LE considered tracking that vehicle to determine if it turned north on Sixth Street toward the bridge. Depending on direction and its rate of travel the vehicle could have intercepted DJ as he emerged from Scott Place or Barkers Place. I am not suggesting it did but I would expect LE to have focused on that as a possibility and to have ruled it out / in.

Locals, going in any direction from last bar:

What kind of businesses are to the left right across the street? Most small?

If anyone knows small business owners and feel comfortable, it would be interesting to know how long surveillance cameras for that kind of establishment hold date , or rerecord over .

I think moo a lot of video was recorded over cause they did not start with video in very close proximity to the event itself, by the timeline they provided , for five days.

And if you droll through the long presser more and more time passed before they got to other videos

The storage capacity for any surveillance system determines how long the security cameras can record before the video footage can be deleted or overwritten. Most users choose a video storage solution depending on their needs, budget, and the kind of security camera application that they intend to deploy. For instance, stand-alone surveillance systems are suitable for small scale applications since they rely on built-in hard disks, with limited capacity, which are contained within the DVRs and NVRs for storage. IP surveillance solutions on the other hand, can record to network servers or network attached storage (NAS) devices, which offer massive amounts of storage space and can record for prolonged periods.

https://www.itech-ny.com/blog/bid/296734/How-Long-Do-Security-Cameras-Record-For

A most-recent article sporting an incomplete time line...

http://www.wpxi.com/news/dakota-james-disappearance-timeline-of-events/500503784

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I saw that article , and it was not ok! I have attn issues and believe me I had such a hard time staying on the long presser - oh he was dreadful.

Anyone who has resistance to be drolled to sleep (ha profound insomnia - I should just use that presser- rested I shall be)

funny

BUT , as he droned along the getting to surveillance cameras went on and on for weeks.

gruesome!

Only focusing on when "they got to" surveillance cameras - if someone can cope with that (!) that would be awesome to see posted in words, here, without listening to him drone

just dates when they got to cameras

tha0t so stood out to me between slapping myself in the skull to try and remain awake!!

I have tried. Its govt $$ I cannot imagine a reason for "road cameras " to keep data for that for weeks ? and weeks

I think they missed much. A vehicle or they messed up
moo humans dont go poof

I assumed he was identified by his tattoos. I think he had a couple.
I am still in shock he was found in the water because I was so sure he wouldn't be. I know that area well and you really have to make a point to get down to the riverwalk and I don't know why someone would venture down there close to midnight alone. He could have gone to the bathroom in the alley, or as it was still early, there were still bars open he would have passed along his route.
I guess now that he has been found they won't release much info to the general public, unless they discover a criminal act was involved.
I really hope they can figure out who he was texting on that surveillance video.
I also find it curious the phone and wallet did not fall out after he was in the water for however long.

I would think LE is far more hesitant to , now, release that they know, that duration of immersion in the river was not since disappearance, but later

Respectfully, I can not understand how anyone can not conclude that Joey was foul play

Despite evidence that alcohol is frequently found in the blood of adult drowning victims (Howland and Hingson 1988, Quan and Cummings 2003, Wintermute et al 1990), a causative role between alcohol and drowning has not been proven.

Lunetta et al (2004) found that the strongest association between drowning and alcohol was in relation to ‘fall-related’ cases (82.8%), and it is possible that an individual, whose body is recovered from water, came to be in the water because of an accidental fall due to alcohol intoxication. It is also an individual may have suffered a fatal alcohol-related concussive head injury, for example (Milovanovic and Di Maio 1999, Ramsay and Shkrum 1995).

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/10/2/107.full

Extreme caution advised.

Reason for checking out hypotheses is would it be readily apparent on scene --if this was a long immersion or relatively quick?

Easily determined visually. Simply: answer an astoundingly resounding yes, with 0.45712-second required.

Your honor, the relevance of a tox
screen in this case is unrelated to that assessment.

Judge : Concur.

moo

Caution advised

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+a+dead+body+look+like+after+being+in+water&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS702US702&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOsdWf88fSAhUCMSYKHc2vBR8Q_AUICCgB&biw=1088&bih=530&dpr=1.25

it is hard for me to believe he passed through katz plaza to charles place / barkers place (absolutely perfect secluded spots to pee if you have to) to then go down the stairs on the opposite side of the bridge to the river's edge to pee there instead.
precisely

I really don't think that's a car. I'm definitely in agreeance with those that say it's the line of bushes. I looked, re-looked, looked again and lined it up with different things at different angles.

I posted in the last thread the image of DJ walking through Katz Plaza, on which I marked what I believed to be an automobile traveling west on Penn Ave.. The vehicle appears to be directly in line with DJ's location in the Plaza.

I hope LE considered tracking that vehicle to determine if it turned north on Sixth Street toward the bridge. Depending on direction and its rate of travel the vehicle could have intercepted DJ as he emerged from Scott Place or Barkers Place. I am not suggesting it did but I would expect LE to have focused on that as a possibility and to have ruled it out / in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back