Found Deceased PA - Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, Stroudsburg, 28 May 2022 *found in 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even if you exclude Philly, people go missing in PA at a rather alarming rate IMO. And the scary thing is that I learn about many of them here - not on MSM. I suspect that BK’s involvement here is limited to Dana’s disappearance garnering renewed attention.

I am so frustrated with this case. Stroudsburg is such a quaint town. We would drive thru on vacation, little shops, fire house etc. I can't believe that someone could go missing from there and not enough activity to search. I'm clueless on this. Extremely disappointed. IMO

Actually, it USED to be quant. Now it's overrun with outsiders from the city areas of NY and NJ and is filled with drugs of all kinds. It's no longer a safe area. I have lived here all my life and I would never, ever walk alone at night in Stroudsburg.

April 27, 2023

Possible human remains found, unknown identity. Investigation underway.

Human remains found in Stroudsburg, police investigating.​

Snipped: The results of the autopsy are pending further testing and the cause and manner of death are currently undetermined.

Story from WFMZ 69:
"We're working with limited visible attributes that would identify a person, so we have to go with things like dental records, and that is what we did in this case," said Thomas Yanac, coroner.

The coroner's office called in the help of a forensic odontologist to identify the remains, since Smithers' body had been decomposing for almost a year. According to Explore Health Careers, a forensic odontologist "attends the autopsy and takes photographs, cranial measurements, dental impressions and x-rays from the remains" to help identify them.

She definitely was found really close to home. The original posts say on the night she went missing she walked home from Happy Hour Bar and Grille on Clermont Ave. That bar looks to be a few blocks from where her body was found. I didn’t read anywhere which street she lived on, but it had to be close by.

Wasn’t Bryan Kohberger in PA in May 2022? I don’t know if there’s more than one “DeSales University”, but if not he would have been about 40 minutes away …
DeSales, from where he graduated, is indeed only 40-45 minutes away from Stroudsburg, via 309, I-78, 33 and 209.

ETA: 209

Last edited:
Wasn’t Bryan Kohberger in PA in May 2022? I don’t know if there’s more than one “DeSales University”, but if not he would have been about 40 minutes away …
Wow, @ArianeEmory!

Kohberger's parents called to testify in front of grand jury

(NewsNation) — Bryan Kohberger’s parents have been called to testify before a grand jury in Pennsylvania, NewsNation has learned.

The case is related to Dana Smithers, a 45-year-old woman who went missing in May of 2022 in Monroe County. That’s the same Pennsylvania county where Kohberger lived.

A source close to the case says Kohberger has a solid alibi and is likely not connected to Smither’s disappearance — but the grand jury has not concluded their proceedings and the investigation is ongoing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back