Found Deceased PA - Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, Stroudsburg, 28 May 2022 *found in 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Known for her boisterous personality, and often labeled "the loudest person in the room," Smithers is often described as a devoted mother and friend, inspiring her wide social circle to do anything they can to find a lead in her case.

"We've been doing the and the donation sharing, and then on Thursday I walked Main Street with a friend of mine, we gave out flyers for missing persons, and also for the event today, to try and get people to come to the event," Tracy Perez, a friend of Smithers, said. "We're just trying to talk to people and do anything we can, anything and everything."

Noel Daniels, another friend, noted that proceeds from fundraising will help go toward an anonymous tip line and a missing persons billboard along Route 611, with the hope that people may be more willing to share information if they are not required to speak directly to authorities.

Daniels said the consensus on Smithers's disappearance suggests that someone in the community must know something, being that she vanished without a trace after visiting with a friend.

"She has a six-year-old daughter," Daniels said. "She has not been seen or heard in months. She left her purse, her wallet, her phone and her keys. There is nothing on her. She has no ID, you know, this isn't somebody everyone thinks ran away. You don't run away without your ID."

Does she have any tattoos?
If so, would they be visible to a casual observer?
Would she be likely to have one (/an additional one) applied since being missing -- if she were willingly absent?

It doesn’t seem like there have been any searches done in this case, from what I can find. Is LE’s theory she left on her own? Has she been known to do that in the past? So little information available and so many days have already passed
I think there is some history of her leaving before, but can’t remember where to find it.

I think there is some history of her leaving before, but can’t remember where to find it.
It is possible though I haven't seen anything about it. She was missing a week before it was reported June 4th. Police do not bring it to the media until June 17th. State Police get involved a few days later, though given it is Monroe County that is not unexpected since some communities (though not Stroudsburg) are policed by the State Police and they have more resources.

June 17th, the father of the daughter files to get custody - which can be found by a search on the Monroe County Prothonotary site publicaccess and nothing seems out of the ordinary there.

(choose Party search and follow the prompt as public user, enter dana's name and the case will be in the results).

I've found three more FB pages for Dana

The only thing of note is she lists her relationship status as It's Complicated, but the last update on that page was in 2016.

I'm not seeing ANY connection. Dana is missing, sadly nothing else is being reported regarding her. BK is being accused of brutally killing 4 young people in their own home. I can't tell you one way or the other, but I'm not seeing it. IMO
Agreed. Worth looking into though, since the proximity between Dana and BK is only about ~30 miles.

I'm not seeing ANY connection. Dana is missing, sadly nothing else is being reported regarding her. BK is being accused of brutally killing 4 young people in their own home. I can't tell you one way or the other, but I'm not seeing it. IMO
I think BK is a suspect in every unsolved murder within 1 hour of his house. He has to be

Given that he didn't make any attempt to hide his victims, I don't think he's a plausible cause of Dana's disappearance.
we don’t know his motivation for the crime yet. I agree with u it's different but we don’t know enough about BK to say what he has or hasn't done yet. Its has to be followed up on tho rite?

If nothing else, this case is languishing in darkness. It can only benefit from additional attention by being potentially associated with the blinding light spilling over from the media circus in Moscow.

This woman needs to be found. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back