SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It appears CNN-News18 live streaming aerial of search at this time.

Manhunt For Danelo Cavalcante Live | Pennsylvania Prison Escape | Danelo Cavalcante Escape | N18L​

Live aerials of the search for the escaped inmate Danelo Cavalcante. Authorities in Pennsylvania who have been trying to capture an escaped murderer for nearly two weeks pushed back Monday against questions about whether they blew a chance to collar him, instead blaming the complex terrain in the initial search area for the fugitive’s success in getting clear of it.

Visited the @PAStatePolice Command Center in Chester County to thank the troopers and officers working tirelessly to capture Danelo Cavalcante and get the latest briefing on our manhunt.

State, local, and federal law enforcement is working around the clock through tough conditions to capture this convicted murderer and @PAStatePolice is showing exemplary leadership.

I know many Pennsylvanians are scared and worried — but now more than ever, it’s critical for the public in North Coventry Township and South Coventry Township to remain vigilant and alert police immediately of any suspected sightings or information regarding his whereabouts.

Viewing some of the coverage as helicopters circle the area, there are small farms with what looks like sheep or goats. Taking care of the needs of those animals (and crops too) requires that chores continue despite the nearby manhunt. Makes a person watching from afar realize how vulnerable those residents are as they go about necessary daily work on their properties, knowing that DC could easily stow himself away in sheds, well pump houses, or other outbuildings. They can't just go inside and lock the doors.

Hoping he is captured soon.

Posted 4 hrs ago

Homeowner encountered a shirtless Cavalcante. The fugitive grabbed a rifle , homeowner shot his pistol in fugitive’s direction. Police don’t know if he was hit. More resources headed in to search for him.

Authorities have him cornered in a 2-3 mile area. More search crews are coming in to replace overnight crews,

* 3 mi E-W x 2.5 mi N-S

“They confronted each other shots were fired and he fled”. PSP says the fugitive & armed homeowner were just feet away from each other.

Viewing some of the coverage as helicopters circle the area, there are small farms with what looks like sheep or goats. Taking care of the needs of those animals (and crops too) requires that chores continue despite the nearby manhunt. Makes a person watching from afar realize how vulnerable those residents are as they go about necessary daily work on their properties, knowing that DC could easily stow himself away in sheds, well pump houses, or other outbuildings. They can't just go inside and lock the doors.

Hoping he is captured soon.

With the threat of coyotes,bear, foxes ppl that have livestock usually have weapon when out, Pa is concealed carry state. I would think most are armed.

Just curious: if dc ends up being shot by a citizen in the area, would this be considered self defense even if he wasn’t pointing a gun at them at the time?
PA has a Stand Your Ground law. Even if NOT pointing the firearm, based on the active manhunt, the knowledge that the fugitive was known to have stolen a rifle, combined with the fact the suspect is a desperate escapee and convicted murderer .... IMO, if anyone was charged they would be found NG.

PA has a Stand Your Ground law. Even if NOT pointing the firearm, based on the active manhunt, the knowledge that the fugitive was known to have stolen a rifle, combined with the fact the suspect is a desperate escapee and convicted murderer .... IMO, if anyone was charged they would be found NG.

Thank you, that is good to know!

Just watching the helicopter footage of the two cops walking the lengths of those covered crops brings home how difficult this is. Calvalcante could very well be laying hidden and quiet in there. Impossible that they check every square foot.
Some luck is needed, like last night with the woman in the Jeep spotting the guy in the field. If she hadn't, none of this present search would be going on in this perimeter.

I think the Stand Your Ground law is not that loose.

I believe the law allows to you stand your ground in imminent danger. In other words, you have the right to defend yourself without having to run away.

However, there must be an imminent threat. As explained to me in a conceal carry class, it is the pee in your pants test.

This is sometimes combined with a Castle Law that allows you to protect your residence. In some states, that extends to your vehicle.

If the law allows you to shoot someone just because they are wanted by LE, society could descend into vigilante chaos pretty quick.

I am not even close to being a lawyer, so, this is just my understanding.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Per FlighAware, there is the LE plane that has been circling for some time, a TV chopper, and another TV chopper on the way.

It is possible that there is a LE chopper below radar but I think it left to refuel.

Otis

I wonder who is responsible for the # of TV helicopters in the area and who will tell them there are too many?

The only copter of any importance it the police copter and the 3 (or 4) TV news copters need to restricted or there is going to be a crash. There are also High-Powered electrical lines on those large metal pylons (transmission towers) in the middle of the power line easement in the middle of the search area. That is a very real danger to those copters.

BREAKING: @PAStatePolice are investigating reports of possible gunshots near the search perimeter for escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante in Chester County. I personally heard multiple loud bangs, and authorities are now investigating to learn the source of that noise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24
Back