SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At a press conference Tuesday morning Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said Cavalcante stole a .22 caliber rifle – equipped with a flashlight and scope – from the garage of a Chester County homeowner around 10 p.m. Monday night.

The owner of the house, who was home at time, saw Cavalcante, drew his own pistol and fired. Bivens said there's no evidence to suggest the fugitive was injured

“I think he went in there probably trying to hide, the garage door was open — he didn’t, I believe, recognize that the owner was in there. He was probably looking for a place to hide, ran for that garage, saw the firearm, grabbed that, encountered the homeowner and fled with the firearm,” said Bivens.

Police received another call two hours later from a resident who said Cavalcante snuck into their garage and stole a .22-millimeter rifle while the homeowner was inside, and fled the scene after the homeowner attempted to fire at Cavalcante with a pistol.

Police are also conducting vehicle searches on residents in South Coventry Township, Pennsylvania—near where Cavalcante was spotted Monday night—while a school district in the area shut down on Tuesday as the manhunt continues.

Retired FBI agent/profiler Jim Kavanaugh just mentioned the possibility that with that rifle he could shoot an individual getting into their car and take the car.
MOO.

Update thereafter: Hoping for several nice, cool dry days for some serious cautious and productive work by all. Including the dogs. And IMO, I’d be happy if Dog the Bounty Hunter does have a seat in the room. Somewhere. MOO

Last edited:
MANHUNT UPDATE NEW DEVELOPMENTS #DaneloCavalcante -Confirmed sighting by motorist at 8PM. -10:10 PM Homeowner shoots at Cavalcante. -.22 rifle with scope and flashlight stolen from home. -More than 500 Law enforcement on scene in what will be "extended” period

MANHUNT UPDATE PA State Police once again they have #DaneloCavalcante cornered. Containment area is a 2.5 x 3 mile search area in Northern Chester County.

MANHUNT UPDATE PA State Police say they have been in constant communication with @GovernorShapiro office and the Governor himself regarding the search for #DaneloCavalcante.

MANHUNT UPDATE PennDot trucks bringing in road closed signs as perimeter tightens in the search for #DaneloCavalcante. Residents are being allowed to leave their homes but are advised to stay vigilant keep their doors and garages closed.

Cavalcante was last spotted in South Coventry Twp, Chester Co., shirtless and wearing blue pants, carrying a stolen .22 rifle with a flashlight. Residents should call 911 immediately if he is spotted. For general tips or info, please call (717) 562-2987.

3/3 LISTEN: “We have no reason to believe he’s injured as a result of that shooting.” ⁦@PAStatePolice
⁩ Lt. Colonel George Bivens says prison escapee/convicted killer #Calvacante is likely very familiar with where he’s been spotted. “He’s been in that area before.”

U.S. Marshals @USMS_Philly & @PAStatePolice with very determined looks on their faces. “Using every means necessary to traverse thick brush & woods” they believe #Calvacante is hiding in, on the run in Chester County,close to where he was spotted by driver & shot at by homeowner.

This kid has got to be exhausted at some point... weather is showing more rain in the am.

It is. I joke that it's basically a glorified pellet gun. It can still kill though.

Fun and cheap guns to shoot if done with proper respect. As you stated, they can be lethal.

I was raised in the country and had my first 410 at 12 but I had a wait a couple of years before I could hunt with a .22 by myself.

I am glad to have been raised to respect and not fear guns.

Back to the topic, the .22 could be used to obtain other resources.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Pennsylvania State Police are holding a news conference at 9:30 a.m. with the latest on the manhunt for Danelo Cavalcante. You can watch right here:

Press conference live stream at this link:

Had to look twice at this picture - he’s SMILING. This is a game to him, IMO.

This kid has got to be exhausted at some point... weather is showing more rain in the am.

He’s 34! Same age as me. I’d be exhausted after just scaling that wall, LOL.

LIVE: Danelo Cavalcante now armed with stolen rifle at he was shot at by homeowner​

Started streaming 79 minutes ago

SKYFOX is live over Chester County as the manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante continues into its 13th day after police say the elusive fugitive is now armed. Several schools and roads are closed in the area.

LIVE: Danelo Cavalcante now armed with stolen rifle at he was shot at by homeowner​

Started streaming 79 minutes ago

SKYFOX is live over Chester County as the manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante continues into its 13th day after police say the elusive fugitive is now armed. Several schools and roads are closed in the area.
Jinx!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back