PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually haven't seen any photos of those people. Since residents were being interviewed today asking for the National Guard and there hasn't been any mention of them working with local LE I assumed they weren't but I could definitely be wrong.

Went back and looked at video when Longwood Gardens was being blocked. It's Police. The tan camouflage threw me off.

bbm

Police said that Danelo Cavalcante's sister has been arrested by Immigration and Customers Enforcement (ICE) and could possibly face deportation. A spokesperson said that it was not related to her brother's prison escape.

SEPTEMBER 10, 2023 / 8:34 PM / CBS PHILADELPHIA
Surrrrrrrre hahahaah

Just a thought after further reflection... I actually don't think he will go back to Brazil. IMO He is likely to avoid it at this point since he is heavily suspected of having committed a murder there and it sounds as if many folks there who know of him do not have a positive view on him (understandable as he is a convicted murderer). At this point I would consider Mexico, Cuba, or Canada if he does escape the US (which given how this is unfolding would not surprise me that much, and I am not usually one who thinks of international escapes as a likelihood in cases like this). Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish and if so, what his fluency is? I feel like this is information to consider. I am assuming Brazilian Portuguese is his first language.
He speaks Portuguese and Spanish fluently. I read this early on in an article.

Could another car have picked him up when he ditched the van?

Something’s not sitting right with me in regards to the former co-worker’s ring camera footage. They supposedly weren’t home to answer the door yet DC appears to be laughing/smiling in the screenshots as though he were in the midst of a conversation. And then there’s the random box of stuff that suddenly appears on the ground before him? But then it has also been said that the homeowner’s were quick to phone authorities and hand over the footage. I just can’t get over the convenience of the box with the umbrella! Would love to know if it was found in the van since he surely isn’t lugging a box of essentials around with him on foot. / JMO

Last edited:
Something’s not sitting right with me in regards to the former co-worker’s ring camera footage. They weren’t home to answer the door yet he’s laughing in the screenshots as though he were in the midst of a conversation with someone. And then there’s the box of stuff that suddenly appears on the ground? But then it has been said they were quick to phone authorities and hand over the footage so I don’t know. Just seems weird. / JMO
Can you link the video to the Ring Camera? I would be interested in seeing that.

Thanks
JMO

Something’s not sitting right with me in regards to the former co-worker’s ring camera footage. They supposedly weren’t home to answer the door yet DC appears to be laughing/smiling in the screenshots as though he were in the midst of a conversation. And then there’s the random box of stuff that suddenly appears on the ground before him? But then it has also been said that the homeowner’s were quick to phone authorities and hand over the footage. I just can’t get over the convenience of the box with the umbrella! Would love to know if it was found in the van since he surely isn’t lugging a box of essentials around with him on foot. / JMO

And he is standing by the open screen door looking as if he was looking at someone and appears to be talking to them. It's not like they even have the door closed.

he was speaking to them through the ring - you can access your ring when you get a notification on your phone and talk to the person - the person was out at dinner

Last edited:
Last edited:
I agree about that ring camera footage. And in today's press conference, PSP Lt Col Bivens said that the former co-worker (whom Cavelcantes had attempted to contact by arriving at his front door) viewed the ring footage that night after returning home from dinner with his family, but contacted LE about it in the morning. Given the manhunt underway, that delay seems odd.

ETA: Reviewing the press conference again, Lt Col Bevin says the former co-worker reported the attempted contact by Cavalcantes at around 12:30 am (which is about 2-1/2 hours after Cavalcantes attempted contact through the ring camera and about 2 hours after the co-worker returned home and viewed the camera footage). That is at 2:20 in press conference, video link video here:

So, it was not morning as in "around the time you'd awake" but rather a couple hours or so after the attempted contact. You can judge what you think about that given there was a widely publicized manhunt underway.

Last edited:
he was speaking to them through the ring - you can access your ring when you get a notification on your phone and talk to the person - the person was out at dinner
Fair enough, but even if they weren’t there to open the door to greet him and hand over the survival box of goods they still seemingly left it out for him. Now, did they do that on purpose to aid police in trapping him or did they get spooked after the fact, hence their call to LE? / JMO

But also, if they were out to eat and communicating with him through the ring app why did they delay in reporting the sighting/contact to LE?

So many questions.

Last edited:
I agree about that ring camera footage. And in today's press conference, PSP Lt Col Bivens said that the former co-worker (whom Cavelcantes had attempted to contact by arriving at his front door) viewed the ring footage that night after returning home from dinner with his family, but contacted LE about it in the morning. Given the manhunt underway, that delay seems odd.
Check sources

Some of the coverage of LE searches early this evening (near Winn Hollow Rd and Fairview Rd) included a brief interview with a local resident who said there are a couple unoccupied places nearby - a residence and a small farm.

Link, at 1:19 in the video: Escaped prisoner Danelo Cavalcante believed to still be in PA, stolen van recovered, police say

I did see a farm on Conestoga Rd that has been on Zillow for over half a year. Places like that would be easy for any person (including the escapee) to find on real estate sites and would provide cover to get some sleep, a shower, and perhaps some food (if any has been left on site). The particular place I found is obviously empty as the listing photos reveal there is no furniture inside.

Praying for the safety of local residents and LE as the search continues.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but even if they weren’t there to open the door to greet him and hand over the survival box of goods they still seemingly left it out for him. Now, did they do that on purpose to aid police in trapping him or did they get spooked after the fact, hence their call to LE the following morning? / JMO

But also, if they were out to eat and communicating with him through the ring app why did they wait until the following morning to report it to LE?

So many questions.

just looks like a box of junk to me - that millions of people have sitting in their garage or on their porch

the link I read just said he contacted the police 'later' but I agree it's something I would be calling right away about ... maybe it took some time for his wife to convince him to call and 'rat out' his former coworker

Some of the coverage of LE searches early this evening (near Winn Hollow Rd and Fairview Rd) included a brief interview with a local resident who said there are a couple unoccupied places nearby - a residence and a small farm.

I did see a farm on Conestoga Rd that has been on Zillow for over half a year. Places like that would be easy for any person (including the escapee) to find on real estate sites and would provide cover to get some sleep, a shower, and perhaps some food (if any has been left on site). The particular place I found is obviously empty as the listing photos reveal there is no furniture inside.

Praying for the safety of local residents and LE as the search continues.

they would be alarmed to the hilt and I doubt the water would be turned on if it's been empty for six months

I can't express enough how disappointed I am that he has not been apprehended. It does not seem possible with 400 officers and dogs that this guy was able to elude them all and steal a vehicle-- when this travesty is finally over maybe other heads should roll besides the prison guard with 18 years of experience---

Well, the maximum he is bidding with is his own life. The people catching him have so many things at stake: lives, families, jobs, careers. I totally understand why it is so hard, and again, I thought that firing the guard was a mistake. Now I think it was a mistake x 2, for these LEOs were shown the cost (for them) if he escapes. Precisely what you say, that heads would roll. He is an unorthodox thinker. They are afraid of making any unorthodox decision because it might cost them their jobs. Maybe they should consult behavioral analytics with the FBI, after all. I don’t know all the details, who he killed back home, why Brazil did not ask for his extradition. Perhaps because he already made their police look like fools? But if he survived there, and came here via Puerto Rico, he either has a large family, or he is able to make friends who help him. I don’t understand what his endgame plan is, but just chasing him wouldn’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay