Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve been thinking a lot about the type of home and neighborhood in which EC lives. I am somewhat familiar with her type of home. We don’t know the exact address, but many of the homes in the area are 1910’s twins per Google Maps and Zillow. Brick and masonry, detached garage in the back, accessed by a small alley. Window air conditioners. If it’s similar to my sister’s neighborhood, there are lots of dogs, frequent door knocks, strangers in the neighborhood, like canvassers (“Can we count on your vote for X?”) or salespeople (“Hi! We’re doing tree work at your neighbor’s house next week…we can give you a discount to trim your trees.”).

IMO, *if* EC is not alive and was not alive when she left her home, it could not have been a stranger to the community who could have removed her, and she was likely removed in some sort of container…trunk? luggage? And whoever removed her must have had a car nearby.

The unknown subject could not risk motion sensor lights, barking dogs, open windows, etc. when moving her without having some knowledge of the home and neighborhood. S/he would have to appear to “fit in” and be doing some fairly ordinary in case a neighbor noticed their activity.

I do hope that EC is alive somewhere, but if she is not, I have a hard time envisioning that the unknown subject is a stranger to her community. MOO
If the house was not broken into and it was not ransacked, a stranger would not have found hidden $. IMO

If the house was not broken into and it was not ransacked, a stranger would not have found hidden $. IMO
In a burglary scenario, perhaps she was kept alive to provide access to cash?

I don’t know whether there was cash, as it has not been confirmed, but if someone knew there was cash without knowing its location, maybe EC was needed to find it? MOO

This is not a block where a random intruder would expect to find five figures in cash.
This is a block where historically architecturally-inspired people live, and where large blocks of cash are infrequent. People who aren’t hinging their past and their future on money. This is a community of creatives.

This NAMUS info could only have come from a very close person, and it to me - in my opinion- strongly suggests a wealth of information that LE is holding close, for valid reasons. I cannot imagine that they were pleased to see this NAMUS entry. I would not be surprised if it goes away in the days ahead.

Whatever has happened to Beth Capaldi: a mother, wife, modern woman. Whatever has happened here is steeped in pain. I don’t know what it is, i don’t think i have enough informed data to even guess. That said, something is deeply wrong, and I hope that life colludes to help make it right again.

Why have there been no media reports on Beth's disappearance for two weeks? Has her daughter made an appeal? I don't have FB, maybe I'm missing some of the family's activity? Twitter has the same articles we've seen from msm, from back around October 26/27. One of the stories was updated, around Nov 5, noting in the last paragraph that her case was entered into a nationwide missing persons site, and that her husband stated there was $13k missing. Has there really been no follow up by media on that $13,000? For anyone local, do you get the feeling the case is being worked by LE? Any activity around the police station, like anyone called in for questioning?

This case looks bad. I hope she pocketed some cash and got out of dodge and she's hiding somewhere. I don't actually believed that's what happened though.

I said lake nockamixon days ago <modsnip> Lake nockamixon is a great idea to search. Also check ez pass and vehicle plate reader to see where cars have travelled. Maybe someone has hunting cabin. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I said lake nockamixon days ago <modsnip>. Lake nockamixon is a great idea to search. Also check ez pass and vehicle plate reader to see where cars have travelled. Maybe someone has hunting cabin. <modsnip>
Welcome to Websleuths @DaddyD ! <modsnip> I have also thought that Nockamixon is a good place to search, and with the upcoming dam release, who knows what could happen? As far as EZ pass, Idk if it would apply in this case, but it’s worth a try. Hunting camps and owner records might also be worth a try, <modsnip> Keep posting, and once again, welcome!
ETA : MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Not reporting her missing until past 48 hours since the last time you saw her and then saying 'oh $13k cash is missing' when that is so very easy to just say with no evidence whatsoever... also if that's an attempt to say she'd left to 'start a new life' it seems a little lame, $13k won't get you far when you've left behind your home and car and phone and have to replace those things, find a new job (at 55, not really that easy), leaving behind your daughter without telling her anything... yeah right.
For me it's the fact that she wasn't reported missing for so long, and the fact her daughter is in the dark and fretting. Not to mention it seems authorities believe its foul play, and I don't think they imply that lightly.

eta as to people's concerns as to why no media appeals, based on what I've read of other cases there's probably two potential reasons why: I'd say for one thing it's not always that easy to get the media to pick up and stick with a story if it's not coming from LE, and for another LE might have no need for media appeals because they know precisely what they're looking at and don't really need outside help

I never fully rule out a walkaway as I have seen people walk away from a lot with just the cloths on their back. Some times it's to escape a toxic situation, sometimes it's for love and sometimes its a mental health issue.

This is a scary case. I hope she did actually decide to "walk away," but what's not yet confirmed is whether her husband has cooperated fully with law enforcement - for example allowing full searches of the home, vehicles, turned over his phone(s), all electronics, their financial records...

In my opinion, I lean away from her willingly leaving without her car, but who knows. Let's hope for a major break in the case soon.

I never fully rule out a walkaway as I have seen people walk away from a lot with just the cloths on their back. Some times it's to escape a toxic situation, sometimes it's for love and sometimes its a mental health issue.
Sure, but there's been no mention of a mental health issue at this stage, there's the husband not reporting her missing and the very cagey way LE have referred to his level of cooperation, the fact LE seem to be angling for foul play, the fact the family aren't really putting out much in the way of an appeal for her to return or get in touch, LE aren't saying "if you're out there get in touch", etc etc. Plus why the wallet but no phone, no car? I can relate 100% to wanting to just get away but I think she'd have at least told or left a note for her daughter if nobody else.

People in their socioeconomic level don’t have 13k laying around the house unless a family member left them money. LE lack of information further concerns me. The fact they are giving no
Information tells me they are very concerned and thinking the worst.it’s almost a guarantee if she left willingly she would have found a way to let her daughter know she was ok. Beth posted a picture on Facebook. The first picture she posted in years and less than a month later she disappears I don’t think any of this is a coincidence.

People in their socioeconomic level don’t have 13k laying around the house unless a family member left them money. LE lack of information further concerns me. The fact they are giving no
Information tells me they are very concerned and thinking the worst.it’s almost a guarantee if she left willingly she would have found a way to let her daughter know she was ok. Beth posted a picture on Facebook. The first picture she posted in years and less than a month later she disappears I don’t think any of this is a coincidence.
Can you say more about the picture? Why do you think her disappearance and the photo on Facebook are related?

Is there something in the photo that concerns you? Or is it the timing?

If it’s similar to my sister’s neighborhood, there are lots of dogs, frequent door knocks, strangers in the neighborhood, like canvassers, sales people.
The unknown subject could not risk motion sensor lights, barking dogs, open windows, etc. when moving her without having some knowledge of the home and neighborhood. S/he would have to appear to “fit in” and be doing some fairly ordinary in case a neighbor noticed their activity.

I had a look on Google Street View of the road where she lives and it's more rural that I expected.
The houses are also much further apart that I thought too.

I'm not sure a stranger would see or hear too much going on at a neighbouring house, to be honest.

And if she left of her own accord, it seems a long way to walk to get anywhere until you'd be able to 'blend' into a town or other people.

It looks like the kind of place where someone walking along a road would be very unusual. There are no sidewalks for a start.

MOO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-130941~2.png
    Screenshot_20221113-130941~2.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20221113-130924~2.png
    Screenshot_20221113-130924~2.png
    929.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20221113-130849~2.png
    Screenshot_20221113-130849~2.png
    849.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I had a look on Google Street View of the road where she lives and it's more rural that I expected.
The houses are also much further apart that I thought too.

I'm not sure a stranger would see or hear too much going on at a neighbouring house, to be honest.

And if she left of her own accord, it seems a long way to walk to get anywhere until you'd be able to 'blend' into a town or other people.

It looks like the kind of place where someone walking along a road would be very unusual. There are no sidewalks for a start.

MOO.
Ann, lmk if I can help verify the address you checked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back