Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #7 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Berkowitz, better known as the “Son of Sam” killed six people in the 1970s claiming that his neighbor’s dog had told him to do it. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
Jared Lee Loughner, convicted of killing six people and wounding 13 including U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords in 2011, was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
James Eagan Holmes, currently on trial for the 2012 “Batman murders” in Aurora, has been diagnosed with schizophrenia by 20 doctors.
http://www.forensicscolleges.com/blo...mental-illness

Also Charlie Manson.

My opinion only, but I think we are focusing on CD's reported mental illness too much, perhaps because we want to know WHY he did what he did. But I want to make sure that I post this information below; it's important for guests and members alike to know.

Facts About Mental Illness and Violence

Fact 1: The vast majority of people with mental illness are not violent.

Here is what researchers say about the link between mental illness and violence:

- "Although studies suggest a link between mental illnesses and violence, the contribution of people with mental illnesses to overall rates of violence is small, and further, the magnitude of the relationship is greatly exaggerated in the minds of the general population (Institute of Medicine, 2006)."

- "…the vast majority of people who are violent do not suffer from mental illnesses (American Psychiatric Association, 1994)."

- "The absolute risk of violence among the mentally ill as a group is very small. . . only a small proportion of the violence in our society can be attributed to persons who are mentally ill (Mulvey, 1994)."

- "People with psychiatric disabilities are far more likely to be victims than perpetrators of violent crime (Appleby, et al., 2001). People with severe mental illnesses, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or psychosis, are 2 ½ times more likely to be attacked, raped or mugged than the general population (Hiday, et al.,1999)."

More facts can be found at this source: http://depts.washington.edu/mhreport/facts_violence.php

Good post Lou, noticed in the set of images that you posted the first image is from 6/6/2005, and the road that leads from the house to the field where the dig site was located and beyond to the farther field is not present. It was reported that CD's family purchased this land sometime in 2005. All future images show the road, so is it safe to assume that the family put the road in?
Also, regarding the upper field where JTP was found, an earlier post stated that images from Bing maps showed piles of concrete slabs around the perimeter of that same upper field. Similar to the pile at the dig site where the common grave containing 3 of the men were found.

The road isn't there in 2004 - the imagery that Google is showing for 2004 has way too great a resolution and I am suspect if it should be 2014. Regardless, it does appear that the family put the road in, though the land itself had been cleared prior to their ownership.

7-16-2017 10-29-40 AM.jpg7-16-2017 10-30-13 AM.jpg

Lots of controversy pertaining to the easy access of firearms for CD and I clearly believe his parents never told him "no", He was a privileged,spoiled child all his life. How many clues along the way did the parents have as to his social behaviors? He was kicked out of school for being a threat! He had multiple run ends with LE. : Were the parents so busy with their lives that they were oblivious to their sons issues. Those problems grew from bad to worst to the unthinkable. Was he ignored and acting out got him the attention he graved, be it positive or negative acts. I am not on board with sparing the parents, the first responsible thing they could have done was to lock up all guns, and Yes, he may have been able to get a firearm else where,but, at least they did the right thing. JMO

The chances of people with schizophrenia being violent, however, is a lot higher than the general population though. However most violent crimes are committed by sane people, I would guess sociopaths and personality disorders are also more likely than the general population to be violent. In cosmo's case it looks like the head injury made any mental health issues he had much worse and his girlfriend and others dropped him.
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/180/6/490

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RSBM for focus.

But now that they have him and he's confessed, are they still investigating? I'm not clear on how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one thing to have a confession in exchange for sparing him the death penalty. It's a whole different thing to obtain a guilty verdict at trial. Evidence has to be lined up and presented to a jury in a way designed to leave no "reasonable" doubt in their minds that he is legally guilty of premeditated murder.

nice pic of the 4 together, RIP:

missing-men-473x580-327x400.png

http://levittownnow.com/2017/07/15/meeting-the-missing4/

This Bing imagery matches the imagery from 2010 on Google Earth, exact same concrete and gravel configuration at the location of this week's dig site.
Yes I believe you are right. Was trying to figure out how to find the date of the Bing image, but not able. Based on lack of foliage would estimate it was either Jan-Mar 2010 or Nov-Dec 2010

Yes, maybe 4th of July timing does indeed factor into this. Neighborhood fireworks go on for days where I live. -like a war zone. People buy them in PA, and bring them back to NJ. I can't tell the difference between gunshots and fireworks.

Yep, I'm thinking he figured people would think about fireworks, not guns.

( I can't tell either)

The chances of people with schizophrenia being violent, however, is a lot higher than the general population though. However most violent crimes are committed by sane people, I would guess sociopaths and personality disorders are also more likely than the general population to be violent. In cosmo's case it looks like the head injury made any mental health issues he had much worse and his girlfriend and others dropped him.
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/180/6/490

From the conclusion of your source:

CONCLUSION

The weight of the evidence to date is that although a statistical relationship does exist between schizophrenia and violence, only a small proportion of societal violence can be attributed to persons with schizophrenia. Future research should focus on the interplay of various factors affecting this relationship by using robust methodologies (i.e. multiple measurements of violence and avoidance of bias).

I think CD's head injury and co-occurring substance use are what really influenced his decision to cause harm to JP, DF, MS, and TM. Don't mistake what I am saying; CD is 100% liable, accountable, and responsible for his actions, but I hate to see the general public start re-stigmatizing people with mental illness, and believing that any person with schizophrenia will commit murder like CD did. His mental illness is just one factor in the whole scheme of this situation.

Obviously, this is just my opinion, and my opinion only, and all are welcome to respectfully disagree.

I also think they should cross reference any murders in the area or shootings in which sneakers were missing from the victim. In one pic on CD's instagram he had a pic of a pair of sneakers with a two bullets standing between them and a piece of paper in front that read "Cosmos DiNardo February 5, 2014". I went looking in the newspapers to see if there were any shootings that day and there were two but neither mentioned if the victims' shoes had been stolen. Could he have started by shooting for shoes to sell and then graduated to this?
dixon-69368-e-wp-content-uploads-2017-07-Cosmo5.png http://media.philly.com/images/298*300/dixon-69368-e-wp-content-uploads-2017-07-Cosmo5.png

RSBM for focus.

But now that they have him and he's confessed, are they still investigating? I'm not clear on how it works.

Has SK confessed to anything that would keep him from going to trial? If not, then I suppose they would still be investigating, in one form or another

My opinion only, but I think we are focusing on CD's reported mental illness too much, perhaps because we want to know WHY he did what he did. But I want to make sure that I post this information below; it's important for guests and members alike to know.

Facts About Mental Illness and Violence

Fact 1: The vast majority of people with mental illness are not violent.

Here is what researchers say about the link between mental illness and violence:

- "Although studies suggest a link between mental illnesses and violence, the contribution of people with mental illnesses to overall rates of violence is small, and further, the magnitude of the relationship is greatly exaggerated in the minds of the general population (Institute of Medicine, 2006)."

- "…the vast majority of people who are violent do not suffer from mental illnesses (American Psychiatric Association, 1994)."

- "The absolute risk of violence among the mentally ill as a group is very small. . . only a small proportion of the violence in our society can be attributed to persons who are mentally ill (Mulvey, 1994)."

- "People with psychiatric disabilities are far more likely to be victims than perpetrators of violent crime (Appleby, et al., 2001). People with severe mental illnesses, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or psychosis, are 2 ½ times more likely to be attacked, raped or mugged than the general population (Hiday, et al.,1999)."

More facts can be found at this source: http://depts.washington.edu/mhreport/facts_violence.php

BBM, I don't think we are focused too much on CD being a diagnosed schizophrenic if it factors in to what he did, which would have to be verified by a psychiatrist. Those voices that a schizophrenic hears in their head are very real. And CD was booked into a psychiatric facility prior to murdering four people.

Yes I believe you are right. Was trying to figure out how to find the date of the Bing image, but not able. Based on lack of foliage would estimate it was either Jan-Mar 2010 or Nov-Dec 2010

I would also guess Bing to be Jan-Mar 2010. I feel like there is *slightly* more gravel on the Google Imagery, so I am guessing that would have been taken afterward. FWIW. lol

This is the area where Jimi was found. I attached the imagery from the most recent available (2016), and the past.

In 2002, the area was clear.
In 2004, you can see what I believe would be a dirt pile itself at the end of the "road" from the clearing itself.
In 2005, I believe the DiNardo family took ownership of that property.
In 2008, you can clearly see the beginning of land disturbances...

Again, this could merely be from construction activities, dumping concrete, gravel, but this area stood out immediately to me from the beginning, and now that we know Jimi's body was buried there, I would insist on each of those gravel piles being investigated.

View attachment 120062View attachment 120063View attachment 120064View attachment 120065View attachment 120066

are we for sure on these dates? Many locals are saying dinardos didn't buy that land until 2014.

BBM, I don't think we are focused too much on CD being a diagnosed schizophrenic if it factors in to what he did, which would have to be verified by a psychiatrist. Those voices that a schizophrenic hears in their head are very real. And CD was booked into a psychiatric facility prior to murdering four people.

But SK wasn't. These two boys were working together for all but one of four murders IMO schizophrenia didn't play a role.

I also think they should cross reference any murders in the area or shootings in which sneakers were missing from the victim. In one pic on CD's instagram he had a pic of a pair of sneakers with a two bullets standing between them and a piece of paper in front that read "Cosmos DiNardo February 5, 2014". I went looking in the newspapers to see if there were any shootings that day and there were two but neither mentioned if the victims' shoes had been stolen. Could he have started by shooting for shoes to sell and then graduated to this?
attachment.php
http://media.philly.com/images/298*300/dixon-69368-e-wp-content-uploads-2017-07-Cosmo5.png

I, too, found this image a little odd. It is sort of like the photos hunters take with their kills. Often the kill will be photographed with the rifle used and sent to the manufacturer and it will have the hunter's name and date and location of the kill. Here, we have used sneakers, a rifle bullet and a shotgun shell with his name and date.

I know he is as odd as a 3 headed squirrel but this photo makes me think that someone 'disappeared' in February on or right before the 5th.

Anyone?

This is the area where Jimi was found. I attached the imagery from the most recent available (2016), and the past.

In 2002, the area was clear.
In 2004, you can see what I believe would be a dirt pile itself at the end of the "road" from the clearing itself.
In 2005, I believe the DiNardo family took ownership of that property.
In 2008, you can clearly see the beginning of land disturbances...

Again, this could merely be from construction activities, dumping concrete, gravel, but this area stood out immediately to me from the beginning, and now that we know Jimi's body was buried there, I would insist on each of those gravel piles being investigated.

View attachment 120062View attachment 120063View attachment 120064View attachment 120065View attachment 120066

I believe they said this area is on an elevated area. To me that looks like the product of flash flooding. A large downpour over an elevated area coming down through would make that kind of disturbance. You'll notice rutting and a large area of soil removed down to rocks in the 2010 pic.

That is why it is just my opinion, and my opinion only. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

I'm not disputing that his reported diagnosis of schizophrenia may be a factor in this situation; I am only saying that I think it is one piece of the puzzle. I believe that his head injury and co-occurring substance use are what ramped up his psychotic behavior. People are also placed in psychiatric facilities for head injuries like CD had, and for complications related to substance use all the time.

Additionally, a diagnosis like schizophrenia can take a long time to get right because the behavior of the person has to be observed by a professional who has been trained to do so, and it must be independent of other factors, like drug use, cognitive injuries, and other factors. I know that we will never see his medical records due to HIPAA, but I am curious what the psychiatrist's basis for the diagnosis of schizophrenia was, and how he or she came to that determination. How long was he observed for? How long had he been off street drugs? How was his head injury impacting his behavior?

Again, this is all just my opinion, and my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod