Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, missing, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for combining all these together!

Finally, all info in one thread!

220 GUESTS!!?!?!?
:wagon:

Come join, we'd love to hear from you!

If all 4 are deceased, I have a feeling there will be more than one arrest. If all 4 are not deceased, I have a feeling there will be more than one arrest. JMO.

I agree. Especially if all four were killed Saturday afternoon (the 4 gunshots the woman heard). That means one was held captive for 4 days and three for nearly 24 hours.

I hope all of those investigators are checking themselves for ticks...

Yay! We've been merged, thank you mods. :happydance:

I can't recall a situation here before like this where we had 4 simultaneous victims and independent threads attached to one case.

:gomods:

Okay, I've merged the threads due to new information released today. Not the least of which is an indication by LE that the men might have known one another.

"Investigators said the men are possibly friends, but it is unclear if there is any other connection between them. Officials are also looking to acquire cellphone records from the four men, while monitoring for credit and debit card use.

Two of the men, Sturgis and Meo, are longtime friends who work in construction for Sturgis' father, Mark Potash. Another man, 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, is a mutual friend of theirs, Potash told The Associated Press. Potash said did not know where his son was heading or what he was doing before he disappeared Friday.:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...g-young-men-in-bucks-county-pennsylvania.html

But he has a history of mental illness so they will use it. Jmo

If he ends up being charged with first degree murder and this goes to trial I could see them using "diminished capacity" which is not an affirmative defense and would make it harder for the prosecution to argue the premeditation element of first degree murder. I guess it will depend on if he has further charges pressed and what exactly they are. this case has really gotten to me for several reasons.

Welcome 203 guests. Please join the discussion! Local input is especially helpful!

:welcome:

This kid has an extensive drug arrest record for 19 years old.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.sturgis.7?ref=br_rs
https://www.facebook.com/tom.meo.5?fref=pb
https://www.facebook.com/dean.finocchiaro?ref=br_rs

I couldn't find anything terribly revealing in any of the fb pages except that Tom and Mark are friends and Dean is friends with Tom's brother, so I think it's likely at least these three are connected somehow. This is really local for me, although I have no personal connection to anyone involved. The Fox morning show was on location at the abandoned property that was searched where one of the cars was found. It is very close to the shopping center where the other was found.

Bringing forward their SM.

Okay, I've merged the threads die to new informatoon released today. Not the least of which is an indication by LE that the men might have known one another.

"Investigators said the men are possibly friends, but it is unclear if there is any other connection between them. Officials are also looking to acquire cellphone records from the four men, while monitoring for credit and debit card use.

Two of the men, Sturgis and Meo, are longtime friends who work in construction for Sturgis' father, Mark Potash. Another man, 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, is a mutual friend of theirs, Potash told The Associated Press. Potash said did not know where his son was heading or what he was doing before he disappeared Friday.:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...g-young-men-in-bucks-county-pennsylvania.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you, Bessie! :loveyou::cheer:

This kid has an extensive drug arrest record for 19 years old.

I'm not going to judge him as a person based on that but it is important info in regards to this case. does anyone think it's possible he could have snitched on someone at some point? Sorry if this has already been discussed I am still catching up. On another point, I didn't realize how many fellow posters are from philly and the surrounding suburbs. Thank you to all the locals for your input and heartfelt posts

Did you find anything else on this to validate the connection?! I think I found the same thing, but it is a loose connection. If you found the same thing, it might why that area is known to Sturgis and Meo, and maybe why the cops were looking in a cornfield. I wonder if the cornfield address matches up?

Welcome ripspice :)

:welcome3:

Missing persons case - Media - press conference to be held at 11AM. Location 6162 Lower York Rd same as previously.

[video=twitter;884755316705034240]https://twitter.com/soleburypolice/status/884755316705034240[/video]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Do we know when CD was committed to the hospital for a mental illness? I agree medical records should be private and inaccessible to the public in any form; some diagnosis/treatments are very sensitive in our society..mental illness, addiction, AIDS, etc..BUT, I would really like to know when he was admitted..what a hypocrite I am...

I'm not going to judge him as a person based on that but it is important info in regards to this case. does anyone think it's possible he could have snitched on someone at some point? Sorry if this has already been discussed I am still catching up. On another point, I didn't realize how many fellow posters are from philly and the surrounding suburbs. Thank you to all the locals for your input and heartfelt posts

If we're talking about DF... possibly, but that wouldn't be my guess. I've scrolled through a lot of his Facebook and twitter posts that I am able to see and there are a lot of drug references and references to "cutting people off", as well as a few transactions with other individuals that indicate his struggles in school and possible involvement in drug dealing (he retweeted a reply to one of his tweets from someone he was arguing with that said something like "You've been dealing for years and all you have to show for it is drug addiction". <modsnip>

If he ends up being charged with first degree murder and this goes to trial I could see them using "diminished capacity" which is not an affirmative defense and would make it harder for the prosecution to argue the premeditation element of first degree murder. I guess it will depend on if he has further charges pressed and what exactly they are. this case has really gotten to me for several reasons.

He is around the age where schizophrenia typically begins to manifest in young men, particularly if drug use was prevalent prior. If he does have schizophrenia, and if there was a crime committed and he was the culprit, then depending on the levels upon which his symptoms present, he may not be subject to a trial at all. Or if so, the Hinckley defense comes into play.

Tried to edit to add imoo, but I hit the wrong button...so, imo, moo..
Do we know when CD was committed to the hospital for a mental illness? I agree medical records should be private and inaccessible to the public in any form; some diagnosis/treatments are very sensitive in our society..mental illness, addiction, AIDS, etc..BUT, I would really like to know when he was admitted..what a hypocrite I am...

( :giggle: LIke carbuff has said before, "if we all wanted to mind our own business we wouldn't be here" :biggrin: )

Yay! We've been merged, thank you mods. :happydance:

I can't recall a situation here before like this where we had 4 simultaneous victims and independent threads attached to one case.

:gomods:
Oh, there have been some others.
We usually wait for sufficient information from LE. The last thing we want to do is infer an individual is a victim of a violent crime when that might not be the case. I don't care how many people post it on Facebook. It is hell on the family. So we try to be prudent, and wait until the time is right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I don't think LE thinks they're alive, moo, there are a few comments in particular which lended itself to this, imo.

When the DA said "what we're looking for is like finding needles in a haystack" when referring to searching the field, it immediately seemed to me that they were looking for bodies. IMO. I'm still hopeful they aren't all deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia