Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, missing, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF remains are discovered as ashes in concrete, it could take a very long time to ID. These poor families...I have a feeling we are going to be here a while.

MOO The families have info tht they aren't sharing with media. The friends & family may know far more about CD. Things each person has heard & seen and once they all started sharing this info realised what theyre dealing with & the DA may have heard ppl threatening to go string him up and gather find out where the men are. Ppl want justice right now & the DA wants them to be calm bc he's gathering facts & evidence, no vigilantes. IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

so, subpoena questioning tomorrow for the parents, can't say I recall seeing that before...anyone?

so, subpoena questioning tomorrow for the parents, can't say I recall seeing that before...anyone?
We won't know what goes on bc it's grand jury. Unless charges are brought and we still won't know bc grand jury testimony is private.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is like, Alfred Hitchcock level mystery up in here!
Soooo many possibilities.
<modsnip>

Really, I'm kinda freaked out because my daughter's best friend lives like 3 blocks from CD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is like, Alfred Hitchcock level mystery up in here!
Soooo many possibilities.
<modsnip>

Really, I'm kinda freaked out because my daughter's best friend lives like 3 blocks from CD.

Some posters who claim to know CD say he was off before the ATV accident, fwiw...

Which reminds me, I meant to ask, o/t, but can anyone recall a case where someone had a head injury THEN killed someone, and was as a result acquitted? Tia. )

Some posters who claim to know CD say he was off before the ATV accident, fwiw...

Which reminds me, I meant to ask, o/t, but can anyone recall a case where someone had a head injury THEN killed someone, and was as a result acquitted? Tia. )

Ault, who wept intermittently in the dock, admitted manslaughter by diminished responsibility at an earlier hearing. His sentence means he will only be considered for release when he is no longer deemed a danger to the public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-wife-death-brain-injury-different-man.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just learning of this case and ..... wow. I don't even know where to start. Hoping those families get answers and find peace.

Our Beloved, Late Great WS member Foxfire used to post about how some serial killers can start killing as young as age 14...IF there's a chance this is that type of crime, serial, thrill kill, we should be looking that far back at unsolved cases, imo. Again motive is all speculative at this point and can be anything from drug related, financially/enterprise related to sk or thrill kill, moo.

Hi Everyone not asking for anyone to be sleuthed that shouldn't be - but Can someone in layman terms use as example to explain what being called before the grand jury means within a few days of an investigation where when you are not POI - is it to find information relating to a POI or is it a fast way of making someone take the stand to see if they are involved.
I don't understand and thought I did - (obviously just read on through without curiosity previously) it's secret, under oath and prosecution asks questions to decide whether to indict someone ? Does this happen regularly ? As I am assuming this is equivalent to questioning a witness but fast tracker to court ?
Thank in advance

Hi Everyone not asking for anyone to be sleuthed that shouldn't be - but Can someone in layman terms.....nvestigation where when you are not POI - is it to find information relating to a POI.......
My understanding is that it convenes and calls witnesses to question them in regards to information they may have about a crime. Anybody can be called that may have info. Right down to the clerk at a gas station. It doesnt mean charges will be filed againat his parents, but they can. We dont know what anybody has done. I don't think the actual physical evidence comes into play then. There is no cross examination and attorneys aren't there objecting. It's to gather the ppl with possible knowledge even if they don't kno they have that knowledge. Did that help at all? It's a fact gathering event and the grand jury decides whether charges should be brought. If so, the DA will usually file them, but we have seen a DA refuse to file bc he didnt feel there was adequate evidence to prosecute. Somebody will explain this btr. I need sleep lol
Per Find Law: "The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies."

Thank you proctorelites :) that helps I guess it's a way to question all sorts of witnesses under actual oath to gather info quicker. Probably a good decision in this case

Following along and hoping for a miracle!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Could these young men be alive?
Is there a reason for them to leave town?

My understanding is that it convenes and calls witnesses to question them in regards to information they may have about a crime. Anybody can be called that may have info. Right down to the clerk at a gas station. It doesnt mean charges will be filed againat his parents, but they can. We dont know what anybody has done. I don't think the actual physical evidence comes into play then. There is no cross examination and attorneys aren't there objecting. It's to gather the ppl with possible knowledge even if they don't kno they have that knowledge. Did that help at all? It's a fact gathering event and the grand jury decides whether charges should be brought. If so, the DA will usually file them, but we have seen a DA refuse to file bc he didnt feel there was adequate evidence to prosecute. Somebody will explain this btr. I need sleep lol
Per Find Law: "The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies."

Thank you proctorelites :) that helps I guess it's a way to question all sorts of witnesses under actual oath to gather info quicker. Probably a good decision in this case

So, does this mean then that LE feels information is not forthcoming from these parties without such a hearing? In other words, do they feel it requires a subpoena and answering questions under oath to possibly get the truth? Or is this a stretch? I can't recall seeing these circumstances (parents subpoenad) in other cases I've followed, that I recall...tia.

So, does this mean then that LE feels information is not forthcoming from these parties without such a hearing? In other words, do they feel it requires a subpoena and answering questions under oath to possibly get the truth? Or is this a stretch? I can't recall seeing these circumstances (parents subpoenad) in other cases I've followed, that I recall...tia.

Hi i asked for Same reasons :)
I agree I hadn't seen it before so read up on grand jury meaning and that's why I asked. I am thinking it's to get info quicker maybe. It would make sense if there is a bigger picture going on maybe, or case is moving slower ?
Adding I'm not from US

Maybe because otherwise the parents could not talk on purpose or refer LE to their lawyer? Having the Grand Jury would force them to answer questions?
I don't know, just thinking out loud here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member