Found Deceased PA - Four young men, 18-22, missing, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does this mean then that LE feels information is not forthcoming from these parties without such a hearing? In other words, do they feel it requires a subpoena and answering questions under oath to possibly get the truth? Or is this a stretch? I can't recall seeing these circumstances (parents subpoenad) in other cases I've followed, that I recall...tia.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've never seen a grand jury used like this. Off to Google about grand juries! :)

Hi Everyone not asking for anyone to be sleuthed that shouldn't be - but Can someone in layman terms use as example to explain what being called before the grand jury means within a few days of an investigation where when you are not POI - is it to find information relating to a POI or is it a fast way of making someone take the stand to see if they are involved.
I don't understand and thought I did - (obviously just read on through without curiosity previously) it's secret, under oath and prosecution asks questions to decide whether to indict someone ? Does this happen regularly ? As I am assuming this is equivalent to questioning a witness but fast tracker to court ?
Thank in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal experience with a grand jury is that they want testimony (information) from anyone who may have it. They have to decide if there's sufficient justification to prosecute someone. When my now ex-husband raped our daughter, both her (at age 13) and myself received a summons/subpoena to testify before the grand jury. Based on the information the grand jury gathered, they had to decide whether there was enough evidence presented by the prosecution that he should be indicted ('true bill'), or not ('no bill', and they did 'true bill' him in our case). As far as I know grand juries hear cases that are suspected of felony crimes.

My personal experience with a grand jury is that they want testimony (information) from anyone who may have it. They have to decide if there's sufficient justification to prosecute someone. When my now ex-husband raped our daughter, both her (at age 13) and myself received a summons/subpoena to testify before the grand jury. Based on the information the grand jury gathered, they had to decide whether there was enough evidence presented by the prosecution that he should be indicted ('true bill'), or not ('no bill', and they did 'true bill' him in our case). As far as I know grand juries hear cases that are suspected of felony crimes.

My goodness, how horrific! :(

I just did a little reading on parent/child privilege, and while some states do have laws in place regarding this, PA is not one of them so parents are not exempt from answering questions about their children. I further did a little reading to understand the fifth amendment (imagining the parents pleading the fifth to everything), and it seems like they could only plead the fifth if it would incriminate themselves, not their son. From my very limited reading and understanding!

I was also subpoenaed for a grand jury as a witness. I had been fully cooperating and the goal of the GJ was to determine if there was enough evidence to move forward. So, I don't think we can assume his parents are uncooperative.

I was also subpoenaed for a grand jury as a witness. I had been fully cooperating and the goal of the GJ was to determine if there was enough evidence to move forward. So, I don't think we can assume his parents are uncooperative.

And, it's probably they are not the ONLY witnesses called. Just the most noteworthy to the nosiest among us!

Right, it is just how things are done. Testifying in front of a grand jury is (and grand juries in general are) serious business, so they have a whole 'playbook' that is followed to a T. One of those things is subpoenas for witnesses. That reflects in no way on whether or not those witnesses are cooperative or not. The prosecutor's office told me in advance we'd get subpoena'd, just so it would not freak me out. They explained it was basically the grand jury's way of saying "hey, we want to talk with you".

I've been tossing a theory around in my mind... I feel they are looking deeply in the field for multiple people who CD may have killed in the past. Possibly teens or young adults that have been assumed to be runaways. I feel he has "bragged" or threatened others saying "I've killed before" or "I'll bury you in the field." However, I think nobody believed him until a friend disappeared - Jimi -Wednesday night. Sadly, I feel CD threatened all four and the first young man was killed by CD. The other three hopefully took off out of fear and are in hiding. Possibly others have come forward now telling of CD's stories/threats of burying people in the field. Since he has the connection to concrete, possibly he made large concrete blocks and buried deep down in ground. So the searchers would be essentially looking for burials anywhere in the field.

I also have another perplexing thought... it was stated throughout the news that an ID was found next to the burned body that was recently found, however they were not sure the body was the person on the ID and needed to confirm the identity. So, how difficult can it be to verify if the ID is the person who was burned. You would first locate the person on the ID to start. I realize that you would need to check DNA to make sure of a positive identification, but it seems as if we would have heard more about the identification of that person by now if the ID matched the body. This leads me to think the murder of this person is connected...hence the limited information on the identity.

I'm wondering if the FBI or other federal agencies have been called in..I haven't seen this mentioned in any MSM articles. Has anyone seen this mentioned yet? tia

I find it hard to believe CD has the ability to plot and plan the current situation, without leaving a shred of evidence(at least what is currently known)...there is much more to be uncovered in this story

Sorry, just saw it..I didn't read back far enough before I jumped the gun and posted...gotta stop doing that!
I'm wondering if the FBI or other federal agencies have been called in..I haven't seen this mentioned in any MSM articles. Has anyone seen this mentioned yet? tia

I find it hard to believe CD has the ability to plot and plan the current situation, without leaving a shred of evidence(at least what is currently known)...there is much more to be uncovered in this story

Well, I don't think there's no evidence....we just don't know about it. But, I agree there is much more to be uncovered. And more people will be involved.

The cars left behind on his property (one car on property) is considered evidence. And as someone said, I'm sure there's evidence we just don't know about it yet. They can't tell us it all then when this goes to trial it can possibly be thrown out.

I'm sure in the coming days they will release more info. This could of been planned out for months for all we know. I don't think he is smart, but I do think they have a lot of digging to do to find it. MOO.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

“I am still encouraged by the pace of the investigation, but as you can imagine, it’s just massive in scope. Take the biggest (investigation) you’ve ever seen and multiply it by a million,” Weintraub said.

Did the "million" reference get anyone else the way it got me? The biggest investigation you've EVER seen and multiply it by a MILLION? Maybe he just tossed it out there and was speaking without a script, but investigations have been far bigger than even a search for 4 missing individuals. It just struck me, that maybe we are looking at something else. If he said the biggest in Bucks County, it would not have given me pause.

Having worked in construction , the depth and compactness of the soil, would not be indicative of a recent burying of anything.

FOX29 reporting the cellphones of both CD parents have been confiscated, in addition to CD's cellphone

Just stumbled upon this fourm yesterday as i was reading up on this case.. I from the bucks area and know the area well.

JMO. But I think this case is going to get alot bigger they what it now, With the sophisticated ground penetrating radar they have, There is know way they have been digging in the same spot for 3 days if they were not 100% sure their was something or someone(s) down there.. i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the family owned a backhoe and it was at the farm before all this happened. If you look back at the aerial view from when they first started looking on monday you can see it looked like new stone had been put down on the farm road leading up the the concrete/brush pile at the farm.. Again, JMO. I think if CD had experience running a backhoe because of his family's construction bizz it would not take but a few hours to back drag the stone off the farm road into a stock pile, then dig every bit of 12-13' deep and bury who/what ever. Then backfill the hole and then put the stone back on top of the driveway so it looked like no earth was disturbed.. I think they knew this back on monday when they said it was going take day's of press confrence's.. Knowing that they had to painstakingly sift through that much earth looking for any evidence to get down to what they are looking for..

Hopefully justice and closure will prevail in this and i'm pretty sure some new "news'' will be said today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee