GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regarding schizophrenia, it is a very viable defense for crimes like this.

I've mentioned a few times that one of my best friends killed his parents. He had a 302 like DiNardo, and was released because he was not found to be a threat to himself or anyone else. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after the crime.

There was no violence in his childhood. I never saw any in all of the years we were friends, except for a few times that someone verbally attacked women he was with and he stood up for them. He was sweet. He once worried so much about his father's health for an entire weekend that we were away, that we came home early on Sunday because he clearly wasn't enjoying himself.

The other musketeer in our trio and I visited him many times after the crime. He was convinced that his parents were "snatches", that body snatchers had stolen their bodies and had been wearing their skins for years. He was adamant that he did not kill his parents. He killed the aliens that had actually killed his parents years ago.

He did it that day because vultures had been following him around all day, swooping down and ripping out bits of his hair and biting chunks of skin from his neck and shoulders. The vultures told him that if he did not kill his parents that day, they were going to kill him. He recounted the entire argument that he was having with the snatch inside his mother's skin in the moments before he killed her. Nothing at all about the conversation made sense.

I'm not understanding how a post above could so clearly outline the kind of delusions that some people with schizophrenia have and then still believe that Cosmo will be held liable for this if he is diagnosed to have the same degree of the problem.

My friend was in county prison for a couple of months in between two court sessions. I forget which sessions. Before and after, he has been in a psychiatric hospital. He has lived there for more than 20 years now and has his own little microcosm of a world in there. He works as a janitor, spends his pay on anything he needs just like anyone else would, and considers the people on his floor to be his neighbors, and it is his whole life.

There is no way whatsoever to know how this is going to go since we are not privy to any of the details and have no idea what is going to be uncovered as the investigation and his diagnosis continue.

I appear to have inadvertently deleted one of my posts while trying to edit it, so here we go again...

Someone questioned whether or not the quad accident could be made up to lend history to head injury story now. I'm 99% sure someone posted a link to an article about the accident when it happened. It would also be easy enough to verify the EMT involvement, etc.

Regarding the expense of backhoes, they've owned concrete and construction businesses for a pretty long time. I'm sure it's a business machine, probably stored there because there's space and because homes are being built in the area, not so much in Bensalem.

Someone asked if Cosmo is an only child. I am pretty sure someone referenced younger sisters. Maybe when we were discussing the dynamics of Italian families?

I've mentioned a few times that one of my best friends killed his parents. He had a 302 like DiNardo, and was released because he was not found to be a threat to himself or anyone else. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after the crime.

There was no violence in his childhood. I never saw any in all of the years we were friends, except for a few times that someone verbally attacked women he was with and he stood up for them. He was sweet. He once worried so much about his father's health for an entire weekend that we were away, that we came home early on Sunday because he clearly wasn't enjoying himself.

The other musketeer in our trio and I visited him many times after the crime. He was convinced that his parents were "snatches", that body snatchers had stolen their bodies and had been wearing their skins for years. He was adamant that he did not kill his parents. He killed the aliens that had actually killed his parents years ago.

He did it that day because vultures had been following him around all day, swooping down and ripping out bits of his hair and biting chunks of skin from his neck and shoulders. The vultures told him that if he did not kill his parents that day, they were going to kill him. He recounted the entire argument that he was having with the snatch inside his mother's skin in the moments before he killed her. Nothing at all about the conversation made sense.

I'm not understanding how a post above could so clearly outline the kind of delusions that some people with schizophrenia have and then still believe that Cosmo will be held liable for this if he is diagnosed to have the same degree of the problem.

My friend was in county prison for a couple of months in between two court sessions. I forget which sessions. Before and after, he has been in a psychiatric hospital. He has lived there for more than 20 years now and has his own little microcosm of a world in there. He works as a janitor, spends his pay on anything he needs just like anyone else would, and considers the people on his floor to be his neighbors, and it is his whole life.

There is no way whatsoever to know how this is going to go since we are not privy to any of the details and have no idea what is going to be uncovered as the investigation and his diagnosis continue.

Thanks for sharing your story, how very sad and tragic, and how very sad your friend wasn't able to be treated for his illness until after it was too late, :( I suppose his would of been a case of diminished responsibilty.

[Warning: The messages displayed below include explicit language.]
A group conversation in Snapchat from last weekend was provided to the Inquirer and Daily News by an acquaintance of Cosmo DiNardo, who confessed Thursday in the killings of four men from Bucks and Montgomery Counties. The title of the conversation, “Tom Wya” is short for “where you at?”
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...illed-texts-dinardo-dean-killed-20170713.html

I probably missed it reading here - but doesn't anyone know if there is a court hearing date yet??

TIA! :wave:

New dates set for Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz hearings
The preliminary hearings for accused killers Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz have been pushed back to Sept. 7.

Both men are set to appear before Buckingham District Judge Maggie Snow at 1:30 p.m.

Due to the large crowd expected, the proceedings have been moved from the district courthouse to the Bucks County Justice Center in Doylestown Borough.
http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_be718096-6bfa-11e7-91e9-875a97c90e05.html

First time poster, long (LONG) time reader.

As has been alluded to in previous posts, what do we really know about the purported diagnosis of schizophrenia and the ATV "head injury". Are these facts or are they statements that have been made to mitigate CD's responsibility/reputation. A few thoughts:

1. Was he diagnosed by a psychiatrist who saw him several times, or was this a one-shot deal diagnosis during the psych hold? I have a family member with mental illness and she received multiple different diagnoses, depending on who she saw, and when she saw them.
Additionally, I am a medical professional, albeit in a different specialty. Of course, one cannot diagnose without directly evaluating the patient, however his reported behaviors and actions appear consistent with antisocial personality disorder (colloquially known as psychopath/sociopath). That being said, there is some evidence that APD is more prevalent among schizophrenics than in the gen pop. Does he have both? One and not the other? Was there a misdiagnosis? If he was psychotic, this could have been due to other diagnoses as well (for example, bipolar disorder). I am not buying the schizophrenic diagnosis until it is more clearly confirmed.

2. Mental illness is highly stigmatized and CD is all about machismo. Perhaps his family used the ATV head injury story to explain his bizarre behavior to the outside world. Perhaps this cover story was preferable to admitting to others that he had mental illness? Again, I want this head injury story to be verified.

3. Change in appearance/weight gain... I am highly suspicious that this might coincide with the initiation of psychiatric medication(s), in particular, anti-psychotics.

So, we may have a man who is schizophrenic with traumatic brain injury. Or maybe not. An interesting point of debate is - if we find these statements to be untrue, does it change your view on this case or on his culpability?

CD's publicized behaviors don't strike me as schizophrenic in nature. Rather, he seems psychopathic (to use an outdated term). But of course, I will eat my words if evidence comes out to the contrary.
Great post. And welcome Fib! I'm with you. I even think the ATV accident is spin. EMS were called to the property and were TOLD he'd had an accident. I think he was off the rails out there on the property partying, hunting, doing bad things to animals for a few days and was maybe dehydrated, doing drugs, and was in sore shape when he was found. I think the ATV accident was a good way to explain away a few lost days. LE can only comment on that maybe he broke an ankle. Nothing on a severe head injury. Me thinks his family were at least enabling his crazy behavior for the sake if their good name. I dunno, theory only. Something stinks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Im curious, did your friends thought processes lead him to lure his parents one at a time, kill them and then elaborately cover up the crime and go about his business like nothing happened? Or did your friend kill his parents and just wait for LE to come and take him away?

I grew up with a guy who's BROTHER was diagnosed schizophrenic. He was a quiet, harmless young man. My friend, his brother was into drugs, fighting, Petty theft etc. One day my friend (the non schizophrenic) took a bat to the schizophrenic brother and began to beat him. The mother inserted herself over the schizophrenic brother and got herself beat to death by my friend. When he was done he dropped the bat and calmly waited for LE to arrive. His brother survived, thank God. My friend is in prison. I believe he also had severe undiagnosed mental issues that he self medicated for years. All the worry was for the schizophrenic brother, and it was the "normal" one that reigned hell upon the family.

But to get to my point. To be mentally disturbed enough to commit these crimes, doesn't point to the level of determination that Cozmo displayed. He had to commit the crimes, then gather himself yo normalcy enough to persuade another to follow him. WAY too organized. Enlist the help of his cousin. Then elaborately clean scene and go about town as if nothing happened. Nope. Nada. I vote psychopathic not schizophrenic.

I appear to have inadvertently deleted one of my posts while trying to edit it, so here we go again...

Someone questioned whether or not the quad accident could be made up to lend history to head injury story now. I'm 99% sure someone posted a link to an article about the accident when it happened. It would also be easy enough to verify the EMT involvement, etc.

Regarding the expense of backhoes, they've owned concrete and construction businesses for a pretty long time. I'm sure it's a business machine, probably stored there because there's space and because homes are being built in the area, not so much in Bensalem.

Someone asked if Cosmo is an only child. I am pretty sure someone referenced younger sisters. Maybe when we were discussing the dynamics of Italian families?

I posted the link up thread but here is the quote from the article regarding the ATV accident.

Last month, Bellizzie said police did respond to a report of a fire on the Lower York Road property but it was unfounded.

And in May 2016, Solebury police responded to a medical emergency on that sprawling tract. Cosmo DiNardo had been injured in an ATV accident, Bellizzie said, and DiNardo believed he may have suffered a broken ankle. Police, EMS, and fire personnel responded, transporting DiNardo down a steep hill and to a hospital.

I found this interesting regarding if and when a wrongful death suit is filed against the parents

Q: Can a wrongful death judgment be discharged in bankruptcy?

A: It depends on the nature of the incident that caused the deceased person’s death. Bankruptcy laws permit a petitioner (that’s the person filing for bankruptcy) to discharge certain kinds of debts resulting from a court judgment finding the petitioner liable for someone else’s injury or death. A bankruptcy petitioner can usually be released from having to pay a judgment for accidentally causing a death through ordinary negligence (as in a car accident, for example). But a debt for a wrongful death judgment after a DUI accident caused by the petitioner can’t be discharged in bankruptcy, and the same usually goes for a wrongful death resulting from the petitioner’s intentional actions, such as assault and battery.

I found this interesting regarding if and when a wrongful death suit is filed against the parents

Q: Can a wrongful death judgment be discharged in bankruptcy?

A: It depends on the nature of the incident that caused the deceased person’s death. Bankruptcy laws permit a petitioner (that’s the person filing for bankruptcy) to discharge certain kinds of debts resulting from a court judgment finding the petitioner liable for someone else’s injury or death. A bankruptcy petitioner can usually be released from having to pay a judgment for accidentally causing a death through ordinary negligence (as in a car accident, for example). But a debt for a wrongful death judgment after a DUI accident caused by the petitioner can’t be discharged in bankruptcy, and the same usually goes for a wrongful death resulting from the petitioner’s intentional actions, such as assault and battery.

From this article i'm not sure about the wrongful death lawsuits in these cases?
(quote)
How a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Works
Wrongful death claims are brought against a defendant who has caused someone's death either negligently or through intentional harm. Wrongful death claims allow the estate of the deceased person to file a lawsuit against the party who is legally liable for the death. The suit is usually filed by a representatative of the estate, on behalf of surviving family members and other affected parties.
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/personal-injury/how-wrongful-death-lawsuit-works.html

I believe they will go after the parents for a couple of reasons, one being the gun used was owned by the Mother. The other reasons would stem from the use of the Backhoe and who owned the land where the murders took place. Also I believe they will want to know when the parents became aware of the mental illness and what reasonable steps they took to secure help for him.

Im curious, did your friends thought processes lead him to lure his parents one at a time, kill them and then elaborately cover up the crime and go about his business like nothing happened? Or did your friend kill his parents and just wait for LE to come and take him away?

I grew up with a guy who's BROTHER was diagnosed schizophrenic. He was a quiet, harmless young man. My friend, his brother was into drugs, fighting, Petty theft etc. One day my friend (the non schizophrenic) took a bat to the schizophrenic brother and began to beat him. The mother inserted herself over the schizophrenic brother and got herself beat to death by my friend. When he was done he dropped the bat and calmly waited for LE to arrive. His brother survived, thank God. My friend is in prison. I believe he also had severe undiagnosed mental issues that he self medicated for years. All the worry was for the schizophrenic brother, and it was the "normal" one that reigned hell upon the family.

But to get to my point. To be mentally disturbed enough to commit these crimes, doesn't point to the level of determination that Cozmo displayed. He had to commit the crimes, then gather himself yo normalcy enough to persuade another to follow him. WAY too organized. Enlist the help of his cousin. Then elaborately clean scene and go about town as if nothing happened. Nope. Nada. I vote psychopathic not schizophrenic.

This is such a peculiar case. We just know so little. It is so hard to make any real assessments on his state of mind. Who knows if he was in control or psychosis or even high as well? What kind of violent aggression results in shooting people in the back as they walk away? Seems pretty cowardly.

I don't think I could breath if this was any of my sons. From a perspective of a person that did not know these boys it haunts me.
I couldn't imagine on both sides!! Knowing CD or any of These poor kids.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe they will go after the parents for a couple of reasons, one being the gun used was owned by the Mother. The other reasons would stem from the use of the Backhoe and who owned the land where the murders took place. Also I believe they will want to know when the parents became aware of the mental illness and what reasonable steps they took to secure help for him.

It will be a civil case in a court at some stage and i'm sure lawyers for both sides are taking care of that. It will still have to be proven with evidence that the parents were in some way responsible for the deaths of the four victims, otherwise i don't know what they could prove?
I think Trayvon Martin's parents are still at some stage going to try to get George Zimmerman held to account in a wrongful death lawsuit, and that still hasn't happened yet that i'm aware of, so i think it will be a long way to go for that? It also took a long time for OJ Simpson's wrongful death lawsuit to go through the legal system too.
As far as CD's mental illness that would of been up to his treating doctor/s as to any ongoing care of which we have no idea what his treatment plan was in the long term?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back