GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know. When my eldest son was hit by a car as a pedestrian with his friend in the city, whom the driver of the car was speeding according to three witnesses, both boys were going through litigation for damages. My 23 yr. old son received head trauma and a very damaged cruciate ligament, a knee reconstruction surgery and fractured tibia and it ruined his football career. His case took about four years to get close to being finalised in court when tragically he was killed by a drunk driver.
I had a phone call from his lawyer to come in and sign off on my son's case after he died so the lawyer could get his costs paid for taking on the case and he asked me if my son had any dependents that could get the money he would be awarded in court for damages. A pay out at the time of between 2-300,000. He didn't have any dependents so no pay out of any money. I did manage to get $2,000 toward his funeral expenses of $7.000 from the driver of the vehicle that killed him through his insurance company though.

I am so sorry..that's just terrible. Wishing you peace & my condolences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some seriously good sleuthing, well done and thanks!

It says Safari will not allow you to open this page due to too many redirects. It said it on the other link as well. Can anyone tell me what this is about? Thank you

First time poster, long (LONG) time reader.

As has been alluded to in previous posts, what do we really know about the purported diagnosis of schizophrenia and the ATV "head injury". Are these facts or are they statements that have been made to mitigate CD's responsibility/reputation. A few thoughts:

1. Was he diagnosed by a psychiatrist who saw him several times, or was this a one-shot deal diagnosis during the psych hold? I have a family member with mental illness and she received multiple different diagnoses, depending on who she saw, and when she saw them.
Additionally, I am a medical professional, albeit in a different specialty. Of course, one cannot diagnose without directly evaluating the patient, however his reported behaviors and actions appear consistent with antisocial personality disorder (colloquially known as psychopath/sociopath). That being said, there is some evidence that APD is more prevalent among schizophrenics than in the gen pop. Does he have both? One and not the other? Was there a misdiagnosis? If he was psychotic, this could have been due to other diagnoses as well (for example, bipolar disorder). I am not buying the schizophrenic diagnosis until it is more clearly confirmed.

2. Mental illness is highly stigmatized and CD is all about machismo. Perhaps his family used the ATV head injury story to explain his bizarre behavior to the outside world. Perhaps this cover story was preferable to admitting to others that he had mental illness? Again, I want this head injury story to be verified.

3. Change in appearance/weight gain... I am highly suspicious that this might coincide with the initiation of psychiatric medication(s), in particular, anti-psychotics.

So, we may have a man who is schizophrenic with traumatic brain injury. Or maybe not. An interesting point of debate is - if we find these statements to be untrue, does it change your view on this case or on his culpability?

CD's publicized behaviors don't strike me as schizophrenic in nature. Rather, he seems psychopathic (to use an outdated term). But of course, I will eat my words if evidence comes out to the contrary.

Excellent first post; I have made many of the same arguments. Welcome!

Banned from high school
Banned from college campus
30 run ins with police
Stalking girls on SM
Civil lawsuit against him for hitting someone with car

Pretty clear the story about the ATV accident causing him to go off deep end is complete B.S. and should be put to bed

Banned from high school
30 run ins with police
Stalking girls on SM

Pretty clear the story about the ATV accident causing him to go off deep end is complete B.S. and should be put to bed

Amen!!

Im curious, did your friends thought processes lead him to lure his parents one at a time, kill them and then elaborately cover up the crime and go about his business like nothing happened? Or did your friend kill his parents and just wait for LE to come and take him away?

I grew up with a guy who's BROTHER was diagnosed schizophrenic. He was a quiet, harmless young man. My friend, his brother was into drugs, fighting, Petty theft etc. One day my friend (the non schizophrenic) took a bat to the schizophrenic brother and began to beat him. The mother inserted herself over the schizophrenic brother and got herself beat to death by my friend. When he was done he dropped the bat and calmly waited for LE to arrive. His brother survived, thank God. My friend is in prison. I believe he also had severe undiagnosed mental issues that he self medicated for years. All the worry was for the schizophrenic brother, and it was the "normal" one that reigned hell upon the family.

But to get to my point. To be mentally disturbed enough to commit these crimes, doesn't point to the level of determination that Cozmo displayed. He had to commit the crimes, then gather himself yo normalcy enough to persuade another to follow him. WAY too organized. Enlist the help of his cousin. Then elaborately clean scene and go about town as if nothing happened. Nope. Nada. I vote psychopathic not schizophrenic.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Of course there are non-violent people with schizophrenia and violent people without. The police caught my friend because his brother walked in on the scene and ran to the nearby gas station to call the police. There's no way to know what he would have done if he hadn't been seen.

My point was - the voices. Not knowing what kind of schizophrenia CD has (if any) I just don't think we can rule out anything. Maybe the voices would have told my friend to bury the snatches without a trace so the mothership didn't come looking for them or something. Who knows?

My whole point... no one knows.

ETA after reading more posts... since questions comparing the two were raised... My friend was banned from a college for an incident with a roommate. Completely out of character. That was the incident that made everyone realize something was very wrong. Then two years of exhausting every legal avenue to get him help ensued.

NAL, but I suspect that may depend on the judge. I've seen cases where people win, but are granted $1 because the judge is disgusted that the letter of the law found in their favor despite the details.

This is the reality. It is almost as if the young and single lives have no value.

That isn't how I interpret that. There are non-monetary types of value. There is no way to recover/replace those.

Sounds like the law "only" replaces money that is lost because of the death. That makes sense to me. Apples to apples or what have you.

Banned from high school
30 run ins with police
Stalking girls on SM

As I just added to another post, the paranoid schizophrenic friend I have been telling about had many similar incidents. It was in the early 90s, so no social media, but banned from schools, removed by police from situations, etc.

CD was banned from TWO schools. we knew about Arcadia, but I do not recall reading about Holy Ghost Prep.

http://www.ibtimes.com/cosmo-dinardo-was-banned-2-schools-murders-4-pennsylvania-men-2567999

DiNardo appeared at an open house at Holy Ghost Preparatory School in October, despite not being invited. School administrators noticed something “off” about his behavior at the event. He soon became disruptive and was asked to leave the campus.
“The behavior was enough for us to be concerned,” school spokesman William Doherty told WCAU-TV Wednesday, declining to go into the specifics of the incident.

The school then filed a police report and called DiNardo’s parents to notify them that their son was banned from the school going forward. The incident was merely the first time DiNardo was forbidden from entering a school.

The 20-year-old attended Arcadia University in Glendale, Pennsylvania for one semester in fall 2015. When he tried to return to the school the next year, administrators told him he was not welcome there and would be trespassing if he tried to enter the campus.
University administrators cited “verbal incidents” and behavior that made people uncomfortable as reasons for DiNardo’s ban from the school, a spokesperson told WCAU. The situation was handled as a public safety issue.

[re. Saying he killed two others] Given what he was already been accused of, it’s certainly a possibility,” Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross told WCAU Tuesday. “We would be remiss if we didn’t investigate further. In order for us to lend any credence to it, we would have to talk to him directly. When you’re dealing with someone who is pathological like that, you don’t know where he is coming from.”

Cosmo is currently being sued in excess of 50k for a car accident, filed May 8th. #cosmodinardo
4:23 PM - 19 Jul 2017

ETA: my apology, but Pamela_Brewer did post a link to an article about this a little while ago and I had not gone back far enough to see it when I posted. Adding the link again from her post # 439 (and apparently it had also been posted earlier, that I still must have skipped over)
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/cosmo-dinardo-was-also-banned-from-holy-ghost-prep-20170719.html?mobi=true

Of course there are non-violent people with schizophrenia and violent people without. The police caught my friend because his brother walked in on the scene and ran to the nearby gas station to call the police. There's no way to know what he would have done if he hadn't been seen.

My point was - the voices. Not knowing what kind of schizophrenia CD has (if any) I just don't think we can rule out anything. Maybe the voices would have told my friend to bury the snatches without a trace so the mothership didn't come looking for them or something. Who knows?

My whole point... no one knows.

ETA after reading more posts... since questions comparing the two were raised... My friend was banned from a college for an incident with a roommate. Completely out of character. That was the incident that made everyone realize something was very wrong. Then two years of exhausting every legal avenue to get him help ensued.
Got it. Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out how organized a person with schizophrenia would be over the course of days following these incidents. The murders spanned several days then you add time leading up to his arrest. He seemed to keep his chit together.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back in February of this year, there were some rare geese deliberately killed near the Solebury property at Aquetong Road-they were killed by gunshot. There is a reward being offered to find the person responsible, so I believe the local SPCA is serious about finding out who did this. I wonder if they've considered CD? Does he drive an SUV?

http://www.bcspca.org/2017/02/

Something posted to SM yesterday about this. Poster said that it was CD and case was settled out of court .

This is close to the time frame of when CD was rearrested for gun possession in Feb as well.

Still checking to find confirmation.

Thankyou. It has been a long time since i last saw his beautiful smile and i miss all my loved ones who are gone. My daughter also died of substance abuse, (alcohol) 5 years ago. I think her pain was just too much for her and she couldn't cope. But i have two beautiful young adult sons that still need me and we carry on.

thanks for weighing in. and so very sorry for your loss. i too, lost and am keeping up with this case to justice. thoughts are with you.

First time poster, long (LONG) time reader.

As has been alluded to in previous posts, what do we really know about the purported diagnosis of schizophrenia and the ATV "head injury". Are these facts or are they statements that have been made to mitigate CD's responsibility/reputation. A few thoughts:

1. Was he diagnosed by a psychiatrist who saw him several times, or was this a one-shot deal diagnosis during the psych hold? I have a family member with mental illness and she received multiple different diagnoses, depending on who she saw, and when she saw them.
Additionally, I am a medical professional, albeit in a different specialty. Of course, one cannot diagnose without directly evaluating the patient, however his reported behaviors and actions appear consistent with antisocial personality disorder (colloquially known as psychopath/sociopath). That being said, there is some evidence that APD is more prevalent among schizophrenics than in the gen pop. Does he have both? One and not the other? Was there a misdiagnosis? If he was psychotic, this could have been due to other diagnoses as well (for example, bipolar disorder). I am not buying the schizophrenic diagnosis until it is more clearly confirmed.

2. Mental illness is highly stigmatized and CD is all about machismo. Perhaps his family used the ATV head injury story to explain his bizarre behavior to the outside world. Perhaps this cover story was preferable to admitting to others that he had mental illness? Again, I want this head injury story to be verified.

3. Change in appearance/weight gain... I am highly suspicious that this might coincide with the initiation of psychiatric medication(s), in particular, anti-psychotics.

So, we may have a man who is schizophrenic with traumatic brain injury. Or maybe not. An interesting point of debate is - if we find these statements to be untrue, does it change your view on this case or on his culpability?

CD's publicized behaviors don't strike me as schizophrenic in nature. Rather, he seems psychopathic (to use an outdated term). But of course, I will eat my words if evidence comes out to the contrary.

Brilliant post. First post!

Bbm. Exactly my Q.

Excellent first post; I have made many of the same arguments. Welcome!

So here is a article that gives two pieces of info not seen by me untill now.

It says Solebury Police chief says Dinardo was unknown to them untill July of last year when they were called to Aquetong Rd for a verbal dispute between him and his mom. Maybe 302 happened sometime after that .. possible felt threatened by him?

Next ... in May 2016, Solebury police responded to a medical emergency on that sprawling tract. Cosmo DiNardo had been injured in an ATV accident, Bellizzie said, and DiNardo believed he may have suffered a broken ankle. Police, EMS, and fire personnel responded, transporting DiNardo down a steep hill and to a hospital.

http://www.philly.com/archive/erin_...nardo-claims-did-he-kill-before-20170718.html

So in May he has ATV accident and then in July same year he is fighting with his mom on the same propety and police have to be called. No where in the polices statment does it say he sustained a head injury. Just more pieces to the puzzle.

Nothing adds up.

Something posted to SM yesterday about this. Poster said that it was CD and case was settled out of court .

This is close to the time frame of when CD was rearrested for gun possession in Feb as well.

Still checking to find confirmation.

It made perfect sense to me that this would be him...what/where was the sm post, if you can find it?

Next ... in May 2016, Solebury police responded to a medical emergency on that sprawling tract. Cosmo DiNardo had been injured in an ATV accident, Bellizzie said, and DiNardo believed he may have suffered a broken ankle. Police, EMS, and fire personnel responded, transporting DiNardo down a steep hill and to a hospital.

http://www.philly.com/archive/erin_...nardo-claims-did-he-kill-before-20170718.html

So in May he has ATV accident and then in July same year he is fighting with his mom on the same propety and police have to be called. No where in the polices statment does it say he sustained a head injury. Just more pieces to the puzzle.

Nothing adds up.

RBBM - - A broken ankle.. And it was on his parents property! He wasn't out in the woods all day fending for himself, disoriented with multiple broken bones and head injury. I wonder if, in fact, he made that ATV tumble sound worse than it was to all of his buddies. It wouldn't surprise me.

Keep in mind peeps that this is all speculation. Try to keep cool heads as the truth unfolds. Human. nature is to try to connect the dots. I am just as mentally willing to think this way but remember Philly had at least a death a day about that time. (I have to look for the Philadelphia magazine article so give me a chance) But there was a slew of those mob flashes at that time and gang related homocides so speculation can not be a good thing. This is a separate issue and should be respected and treated as such. If it comes out in the trial than that's wonderful but let's keep the forum factual for now and not try to spin off. I already went a little mad about it but now am focused on looking at who they retain, and when these boys will br brought to trial for what they are already under arrest for. Not what they "might have done." IMHO

found a related article
http://www.phillymag.com/articles/white-philly/

Bbm: Yes it is. Yes it does. Yes, it is true. --Just look at the missing, unitentified, unclaimed, and unsolved and you will see why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaJean
Back