PA PA - French Creek State Park, Union Twp, BlkFem 21-28, 349UFPA, bag w/ "FA", "O" & "ATER", Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since I found the information on which stores first started using plastic which is 82, I am looking at this all differently. I knew i couldn't remember being given plastic until way late in the 80's. I doubt all stores could afford to change from paper especially small store.
I went thru all the retail stores in Pottstown area and only two showed up with FA. Famous Footwear and Fashion Bug. The shoe store I don't know about, but Fashion Bugs were around back in the 60's so that one may have been around for a while but the logo is different.

I really think someone should call and see if we can get more information especially where in the park she was found, camping area or roadside.
And bring up the subject of the popular use of plastic bags during 82 to 86 because that is when I believed she left this earth.
Also last night I read the info on all the unidentified bodies found, one thing interesting on one was a Mickey Mouse tshirt that had a label that said FAJER. That was strange.

Yes it says estimated time of death is at least two years prior, so I'm guessing that they're estimating 85-86.

85 or 86 is good. I kept thinking a minimun of 2 years. I wonder what the life expectancy of those plastic bags are.

Also last night I read the info on all the unidentified bodies found, one thing interesting on one was a Mickey Mouse tshirt that had a label that said FAJER. That was strange.

That's interesting because I remember a few months ago reading about a Mickey Mouse character on the childrens TV stations in Gaza, who preaches antisemitic propaganda to the children.

The name of the Mickey Mouse character is Farfur.

According to the Society of the Plastics Industry, national retail stores such as JCPenney and Sears propelled plastic bag usage when they began putting customer merchandise in plastic bags in 1975. In 1977, supermarket giants followed suit, introducing the plastic grocery bag to their customers.

It wasn't until five years later in 1982, that the plastic grocery sacks with handles on each side were introduced.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4565070_plastic-grocery-bags.html

The word Fajer is Arabic and means morning or sunrise. It is similar to the Hebrew language in that the letter
"E" could be and usually is dropped leaving Fajr. Spelled this way it remains the same word with the same meaning.
Perhaps this was a foreign owned clothing company, possibly Muslim.
Also it seems the Mickey Mouse shirt is not a plain cartoon figure. Forgive me if this has been discussed. Here is a link to the info.
Interesting thread.
www.lacountymurders.com/wanted/Unsolved-086-10256-1188-011.pdf

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/785

Ernestine was last seen at approximately 2:30am at a restaurant in the vicinity of 49th and Baltimore in Philadelphia, PA. Her vehicle, described as a blue 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier, was later located abandoned on December 2, 1986 near 41st and Chestnut St. in Philadelphia, PA.

Last seen May 1986, car found Dec. 1986.

Could it be a Fashion Bug bag?

A bit of a longshot, but...

Denise Diane Pflum
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/262dfin.html

This missing girl certainly looks quite white. However her hair is brown and distinctly coarse textured (and in that photo, I suspect at least a little deliberately straightened, look at the texture of the flyaway hairs to the side of her head) and all it would take is the investigator seeing a bit of that hair once the moisture of the ground got to it, maybe even all wadded up with dirt, and thinking her upper jaw looked a little African and her remains would be classified as some sort of biracial mix.

Her age and height are off a bit. The timing is pretty spot on though. And there was a huge fuss and search going on for her after her disappearance, enough that taking her a couple of states away to bury may have seemed for the best to a killer with a body on his hands. She could be dressed in clothes she bought that day with money from her found purse, maybe with intent to go on a date with someone she'd met while searching for her purse?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/case_report_html/785

Ernestine was last seen at approximately 2:30am at a restaurant in the vicinity of 49th and Baltimore in Philadelphia, PA. Her vehicle, described as a blue 1986 Chevrolet Cavalier, was later located abandoned on December 2, 1986 near 41st and Chestnut St. in Philadelphia, PA.

Last seen May 1986, car found Dec. 1986.

A bit more info on Ernestine here, says she had three rotted teeth.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200502849S

I tried to find a restaurant at 49th adn baltimore philly, but the place has changed. The area is called Cedar something if anyone wants to take a look around.

Leroy's Showcase Lounge 4912 Baltimore Ave

Well I hung around the corner of 49th and Baltimore. I took a look at the 1-5 dollar store, Fresh market, the new 3 world lounge, chinese restaurant and a church. then there was a sleazier worse than the rest that just said "market" and has probably been there since the beginning of time.

Leroy's Showcase Lounge 4912 Baltimore Ave

Well I hung around the corner of 49th and Baltimore. I took a look at the 1-5 dollar store, Fresh market, the new 3 world lounge, chinese restaurant and a church. then there was a sleazier worse than the rest that just said "market" and has probably been there since the beginning of time.

What is Fresh Market, and I wonder if it was around back then?

Also, I looked around the area where her car was found on the google sat maps. There is a pizza place near there, I wonder if it was called something with an F back then? Who knows.

What I'm trying to figure out is where was her car between May and December? Was she already dead or was she just somewhere else?

If Ernestine is the JD then she changed clothes from the night she went missing to the date of death.

She seems to fit the age and height, etc. When cases are this old, you'd think they'd have looked at everyone that local who was missing around that time!

Very strange about Ernestine, she was driving a brand new car.

the fresh market looked like it took up residence on the corner probably an old corner store, but it was marked with a fork /knife showing they served food. Leroys is a niteclub its name has changed, but it is also an eatery. Leroys was definitely there toward the end of the 80's as he sold it then.
The other odd thing was the notation of three rotten teeth. What a description, so who gave it and why no photo. This lady should have also had children.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2516dfpa.html She was on her way to the store

Dorothy Williams
Missing since January 19, 1987 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 14, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • AKA: Dorothy Thornton
Circumstances of Disappearance
Dorothy Williams left her home on the morning of January 19, 1987 to go to the store. She hasn't been seen since.

Elverson, Pa. Where doe was found is only about 20-30 miles from Philly

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Elverson&state=PA

She gets my vote as well.

Just found this info on another website, an update on Dorothy Williams lists her height and weight:

Missing: 1/13/1987
Address missing from: 5318 Chestnut
Height: 5'6"
Hair: Red tint
Weight: 130 pd.
Pierce ears

Contact Phone number 215-685-3257
Contact person: Det. Robinson

Email:
Police.Sgt_SVU_MissingPer sons@phila.gov

She is probably a little too tall to be this doe.

I have an idea, but need your help.. I was looking thru defunct stores or what not.. nothing stood out, but I got the idea to Google people who collect plastic bags! there is one lady, "Carol Vaughan" who has collected 23,000 bags since the 1983'. Im not sure how to contact her but here is the info I found so far. Maybe if we can email her a picture, she can identify it..
2PlasticBagLadyCNR_468x308.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-477495/Meet-wacky-woman-collected-23-000-plastic-bags.html
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-110307149.html

fingers crossed XX
(not sure if she collects American though..)

I followed this link from another thread and was intrigued by the discussion about the plastic bag. I saw additional letters in the photos which strongly suggested to me the words "factory closeout stores." I didn't see that suggestion here so far, so thought I'd bring it up. I did a search of factory closeout stores, but nothing stood out for me. I wasn't sure whether to search only in PA, or do a general search.

As for the lettering at the bottom, I don't think the last letter is an "R." It looks like it could be an "O" with the lower tip of the letter concealed. Possibly, San Mateo? I didn't find anything enlightening when I did a search of factory closeout stores in San Mateo, though. If the bag was from San Mateo, it would suggest that it belonged to the killer, and he was probably an out-of-towner; perhaps, a drifter. As mentioned previously, the last letter at the bottom of the bag could also be a "d."

I remember when they found this person. I was actually camping in French Creek at the time. I was 11 years old. I remember packing up and leaving as soon as we found out a body was found. I lived about 30 minutes away from the park. The area was undeveloped around that time but is much more developed now. I am trying to think of the stores in the area at the time. The bigger towns located near French Creek were Birdsboro and Morgantown, I lived outside of Pottstown and Phoenixville at the time.I never realized they never ID'ed her since I was young when she was found

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back