PA PA - French Creek State Park, Union Twp, BlkFem 21-28, 349UFPA, bag w/ "FA", "O" & "ATER", Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is ther another link to a picture of this bag I have been trying to look at it for a few days and I can't get the link in post 1 to work

I found this quip "
GROCERS BAGS
The Hercules Paper Bag Company was organized in 1891 and incorporated in 1906 for the manufacture of grocer's bags, which are produced in great quantities and shipped to all parts of the country."

on: http://www.rootsweb.com/~paberks/library/business/g-j.html

Most likely is one hasn't a thing to do with the other but isn't it interesting there was a company right there making these bags?

I have e-mailed a bag manufacturer that has been in business since 1953 or so. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them!

I haven't read the entire thread yet.......

but was in the paper & plastics re-distribution industry in the 90's. I wonder if the local re-d's or local paper and plastic distributors in the area would recognize the bag. Saafeld was a big one back then, but can't recall too many others. Duro and Bagcraft stick out in my mind, but don't recall if they produced plastic bags. I don't recall the co I worked for selling too many plastic back then.

Will see what else I can find on plastic bag mfg's/re-de's or distributors in the area. Did anyone previously contact local bag mfg's? someone who sold this should recognize the logo and imprint.

The imprint was one color/ red? according to the most recent link. Single ink colors were/are inexpensive to print..... far less than a mulit colored print, so whichever co these bags belonged to...were price consciense on the bags.

eta, I think Bunzl was a bigger re-d, in the east coast area.

took a look at the pictures again and made out these words im not sure if they were brought up before on the bottom of the bag it looks like an A T C O or ATED on the top near the split it looks like an FA

Another thing--is the bag actually white? It just doesn't look white in the photos, but of course, it could be the lighting and that it is probably really dirty.

Could it be that a word is missing above the FA (rest of FA word)?
Could it be Clemens Family? 1988 was the 49th year of that particular chain's existence apparently. Unless I cannot subtract properly. The stores started in 1939. I ran across this defunct supermarket on wikipedia's list of supermarkets. Giant Foods bought some of the stores in 2006. Google sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=clemens+family+markets

Keep in mind that I have no idea what the bags/logo looks like/looked like back then, so posters from PA that know, please do post.

it looks like fa to me on top but underneath that it looks like CLO to me... like a clothing store?

the bottom word looks like it could be refridgerated.

Where can I find the picture of the bag you are all talking about? I tried the link on the first page of the thread but it doesn't work. I read about this before but don't remember what the bag looked like. Thanks!

Looks like Family Dollar to me as well. Perhaps the Family Dollar company could provide a pic or sample of an older bag style that wa used in their stores?

Teresa,

We used to look at the blown up ones that docwho had on yahoo photos. I noticed that yahoo photos changed to flickr so that link to those photos doesn't work either. Anyone know if docwho still posts here??

A case is reported in which a lethal level of temazepam and asphyxia by a plastic bag were determined to be the cause of death. The decedent was a 43 year old female found in the cargo area of her sport utility vehicle parked at a nearby grocery store. Significant findings included a plastic grocery bag over her head, with the handles loosely tied around her head; acute, passive congestion of the liver, kidneys, and lungs; multiple notes detailing her intent to commit suicide were found in the vehicle; and an elevated temazepam concentration was detected in postmortem blood. The decedent had a history of depression and had attempted suicide on four previous occasions using her medications. Temazepam was identified and quantitated in the following tissues: heart blood – 7.8 mg/L, urine – 4.2 mg/L, muscle – 5.9 mg/Kg, liver - 15.5 mg/Kg, kidney – 11.3 mg/Kg, and brain – 7.5 mg/Kg. Methylphenidate was also detected in the urine (0.14 mg/L) and at trace levels in the heart blood and all submitted tissue specimens.

Interesting. In hospitals IV methylphenidate is sometimes used instead of methamphetamine or cocaine (yes, cocaine has legit uses) to revive people who have overdosed on downers. Like amphetamine, methylphenidate is a CNS stimulant that can reverse the respiratory depression induced by downers. Maybe this woman thought that taking some along with temazepam would keep her alive, or she took some because she changed her mind after swallowing the sleeping capsules. Unfortunately methylphenidate by mouth doesn't work fast enough for such a purpose.

heres that link! if your having a hard time finding any to look at!

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/uids1957to1989.html

Scroll down to the last case on the page. Click on the pics of the bag for enlarged images. Also, clicking on Jane Doe's image will take you to the updated Doe Network page.

also the bottom word they say is ater.. it almost looks like it could say "Heated" maybe??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back