GUILTY PA - Kelley Snyder, 34, Renovo, 5 April 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RENOVO - There was a certain eeriness within the little town of Renovo on Thursday as the search for Kelley Jo Snyder entered its fourth day.

The skies were dark and gloomy.

New evidence uncovered provided more questions than answers.

And friends and neighbors were expressing worry and fear.

Although the big mystery of where Kelley Jo is has yet to be solved, new developments in the case are slowly but surely making their way to the surface.

Police confirmed Thursday that the clutch-style wallet with a wrist loop that Kelley Jo was carrying when she disappeared on Sunday was found Wednesday afternoon.

The medium-brown-colored wallet was spotted by Kelley Jo's sister, T.T. Wertz, lying near a dumpster along Huron Avenue, within sight of the Dollar General store, the woman's alleged destination.

It was also learned Thursday morning that a suspicious piece of paper was discovered in the mailbox at the Snyder home, 243 Fourth St., that morning, and a flier with Kelley Jo's pictures on it was found on the windshield of her husband's car the night before. The flier, which was distributed throughout town and hangs on bulletin boards in area businesses, was inside a plastic baggie held down by the windshield wipers, according to reports.

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/568592.html

The dumpster for YEsterday's is directly across from what appears to be an embankment leading to the Susquehanna River.

Don't know what to make of the suspicious papers, though.

That is so creepy! Omg!

It was also learned Thursday morning that a suspicious piece of paper was discovered in the mailbox at the Snyder home, 243 Fourth St., that morning, and a flier with Kelley Jo's pictures on it was found on the windshield of her husband's car the night before. The flier, which was distributed throughout town and hangs on bulletin boards in area businesses, was inside a plastic baggie held down by the windshield wipers, according to reports.

What the heck? I'm so weirded out.

The flier could have been innocuously placed on his car, IMO. If someone was papering the neighborhood with flyers and B.J.'s car was on the street, how would they know it was his car? I wonder if other flyers were sheathed in baggies (they protect from the rain) or was his the only one?

The pieces of paper with cut-out letters is very odd. What does it say?!

The flier could have been innocuously placed on his car, IMO. If someone was papering the neighborhood with flyers and B.J.'s car was on the street, how would they know it was his car? I wonder if other flyers were sheathed in baggies (they protect from the rain) or was his the only one?

The pieces of paper with cut-out letters is very odd. What does it say?!

Yes. The cut out letters...yikes.
OT Years ago, someone, was leaving letters in our mailbox with letters made of cut-out letters from magazines. Scared the crap out of me. Ended up being a "friend" of my mother's. Clearly, a few screws loose.

Am I the only one who thinks that this girl is alive and that someone has kidnapped her and instead of killing her has her hidden somewhere? Like almost a hostage abduction type situation?

the friend saying 'she was happier in the last few weeks'....................why? what made her so happy?
did she make a decision? to go away with someone? suicide? fake a kidnapping? go to a safe place?

I hope the movie, 'Gone Girl', doesn't have women doing these things. Between Denise Huskins alleged abduction and this case, I don't know what to think anymore. I don't want to be 'that person' who starts to look at missing women under weird circumstances with doubt.

Personally don't understand the obsession to always jump to a "Gone Girl" scenario. She has beautiful children who need her, a family that clearly cares for her. I think jumping to a "Gone Girl" scenario without any proof is ridiculous. Too far fetched for almost anyone to be able to pull off, IMO

Wouldn't the businesses have video of the area by the dumpster? If someone planted the wallet there, I would think it would be captured on video.

Someone is playing games with this case. Not cool.

I don't know what to make of all of this.
As a mother and a wife, I can't see anyone just walking away. But...I know it happens.

ADMIN NOTE: Check the copyright rule. Only about 10% of an article can be copied here, and if the article is behind a paywall -- by subscription only -- then none of it can be copied.

Also, social media posts cannot be copied and pasted. Links only.

Questions? PM a moderator or administrator.

Thank you.

From the Lockhaven article, I'm curious about the note placed in the mail box. Why did he check the mailbox in the morning? Did he expect to have mail that early? If so, why did he open the box and peer inside and not take the note? Who does that - open the mailbox, see something in there and carefully inspect it without touching it? Maybe completely innocent, I don't know. It may have been completely obvious what it was at first glance.

I'm curious as well as the other poster that she was "happier these last 3 weeks". That's how people act who have been unhappy and now have hatched a plan to leave, or to commit suicide. That's what you hear - "she had been really depressed for awhile but she seemed a lot better recently". Finally, I wonder if the wallet was placed on top of the dumpster in a way it wasn't really seen, and it fell off when emptied Wednesday?

Personally don't understand the obsession to always jump to a "Gone Girl" scenario. She has beautiful children who need her, a family that clearly cares for her. I think jumping to a "Gone Girl" scenario without any proof is ridiculous. Too far fetched for almost anyone to be able to pull off, IMO

Women have staged their disappearances for attention for a very long time - it isn't just "Gone Girl". Men seem to stage their disappearances to begin a new life or cash in on life insurance, and women seem to do it for attention.

Or to run off with a lover.

Wow. I was wondering based on her FB posts about "choosing her own family" is she was estranged from them. could be someone close to family messing with them....I sure hope this ends well for the kids.

Yes. The cut out letters...yikes.
OT Years ago, someone, was leaving letters in our mailbox with letters made of cut-out letters from magazines. Scared the crap out of me. Ended up being a "friend" of my mother's. Clearly, a few screws loose.

Unless the person creating the note wore gloves (it's possible) fingerprints will be all over that paper. "Slick" magazine papers are probably pretty good at retaining fingerprints, and the person would also be using glue or a gluestick that gets on your fingers too and forms GREAT fingerprints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back