Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. That can also be said about all three. We don't know if the babysitter dropped off the child with the mom and we don't know if the stepfather knows for sure that he was dropped off where or when she said he was.

I've seen two interviews with the mother but I have not seen either the babysitter or the stepfather speak publicly. Are any of them actively searching for the child?

It seems the last time King was seen by someone other than those involved was on July 4th when he was with the babysitter. Then three days later she allegedly dropped him off with his mother.

I guess we still don't know if LE has been able to confirm any of this.

I completely agree that we have no idea when he was last seen and by whom. My comment was directed towards those who were stating that since police were questioning the timeline of that, they must suspect the babysitter. I was merely pointing out that any one of them could be lying about that, including the mom.

I feel like the fact that King's mother has face tattoos is probably conditioning the perception some people are getting of her. Nothing that she said or the way she behaved seemed like red flags to me. She might have issues, yes, but that doesn't mean she's lying. I wish we had more of a clear picture regarding what the custody arrangements for King are. The fact that he was spending so much time with his stepfather doesn't really faze me, it happens. Families are not mommy, daddy and children anymore. A family can include a stepfather that is not with the mother anymore, just because the adults separate, it doesn't mean the children have to be part of that process. What I find strange is the fact that the stepfather and the mother seem to live somewhat close, and the babysitter lives like 20 minutes way from both of them. Couldn't they find a babysitter that lived closer? How did she become his babysitter? What exactly was the babysitting arrangement? It makes absolutely no sense for the babysitter to return King to his mother without the stepfather's knowledge. She only remembered to mention the drop off when he came by? Why didn't she immediately contacted the stepfather when the mother supposedly requested for the baby to be dropped off to her? This story stinks and I might be wrong, but I feel like the babysitter is the key.

I think it was posted recently that the babysitter said/told LE that she took King to his mother at the mother’s request. If the mother doesn’t know the babysitter, how would she have contacted her to request
King be brought back to her?

Babysitter's family is quite vocal on Facebook, why don't they talk to MSM then?
Is there no reporter in the area who wants some fame covering an intriguing and sad case like this?! Court tv, crime online, something,this needs more coverage IMO

I am not so sure about the mom, I think there might be mental health issues MOO or perhaps drugs JMO.

Are there any organised searches at all? Where would you look?!
So bizarre, I can't see him found alive unfortunately Just My Opinion.
Intimidation tactics, in my opinion. At this point, they're just playing games. As far as I know, the mother is the only one attending the searches and showing up to ask for his return. I believe that if the stepfather and the babysitter were there, the media outlets would've posted about it.

I feel like the fact that King's mother has face tattoos is probably conditioning the perception some people are getting of her. Nothing that she said or the way she behaved seemed like red flags to me. She might have issues, yes, but that doesn't mean she's lying. I wish we had more of a clear picture regarding what the custody arrangements for King are. The fact that he was spending so much time with his stepfather doesn't really faze me, it happens. Families are not mommy, daddy and children anymore. A family can include a stepfather that is not with the mother anymore, just because the adults separate, it doesn't mean the children have to be part of that process. What I find strange is the fact that the stepfather and the mother seem to live somewhat close, and the babysitter lives like 20 minutes way from both of them. Couldn't they find a babysitter that lived closer? How did she become his babysitter? What exactly was the babysitting arrangement? It makes absolutely no sense for the babysitter to return King to his mother without the stepfather's knowledge. She only remembered to mention the drop off when he came by? Why didn't she immediately contacted the stepfather when the mother supposedly requested for the baby to be dropped off to her? This story stinks and I might be wrong, but I feel like the babysitter is the key.
I don’t feel that the mother’s appearance or facial tattoos have anything to do with my feelings. I am heavily tattooed myself. I just know that someone is lying and can’t decide who. I’m not even going by what the video showed. To me, she showed true emotion. But whether that emotion was fear for her child or fear for herself, I can’t be sure. I also feel that we have no idea if what any of the 3 have said to media or to LE is true. I just feel that if babysitter isn’t a suspect at this time after talking with LE, that it might point in the other direction. MOO.

I don’t feel that the mother’s appearance or facial tattoos have anything to do with my feelings. I am heavily tattooed myself. I just know that someone is lying and can’t decide who. I’m not even going by what the video showed. To me, she showed true emotion. But whether that emotion was fear for her child or fear for herself, I can’t be sure. I also feel that we have no idea if what any of the 3 have said to media or to LE is true. I just feel that if babysitter isn’t a suspect at this time after talking with LE, that it might point in the other direction. MOO.
I didn't mean it as an attack to anyone, really. It was a general observation. I could be totally wrong but I feel like the babysitter is the key in this case.

I completely agree that we have no idea when he was last seen and by whom. My comment was directed towards those who were stating that since police were questioning the timeline of that, they must suspect the babysitter. I was merely pointing out that any one of them could be lying about that, including the mom.
Yes, we don't know what the family dynamics are but it seems there is no formal visitation schedule and the mother allowed her son to stay with the stepfather and/or babysitter for long periods of time.

Even if she has nothing to do with her son's disappearance she is still responsible for his well-being even while in someone else's care.

She seemed to think that the stepfather or babysitter is keeping the child from her, which would probably be the best case scenario. But if that was the case I would think LE would have found him by now.

She admitted she was guilty (neglect) but there could be something far worse that she is guilty of.

It's very hard to tell who is lying and who is telling the truth because none of their stories make sense. There were at least three adults caring for this child yet they somehow managed to "lose" him.

FWIW, here are transcriptions of three of the mother's interviews. I believe I have them in chronological order and transcribed as best I could. There were more quotes from her but the reporters spoke over her and “interpreted” what she was saying. Start:

*“I miss him a lot and this whole block... (unintelligible) …”

“Even his sister, she's autistic, she said 'Where's (??),' she keeps saying his name like she felt like something's wrong too and she's autistic, like... she never shows signs of anything and I'm just (unintelligible) this all up right now.”

Mom Pleads for Safe Return of 2-Year-Old Missing in Philly

“I still have faith... I still have faith that he's (??) and he's breathing. I'm guilty, thinking that my son was in good hands and everything like that, I'm guilty of that but I'm not guilty of my son being missing.”

“I just want to let people to know... I want my son, he was never dropped off to me, never.”

“If you don't want to bring him back to me because, you feel like I'm nothing, take him to the police station, take him to the hospital, take him to DHS, take him somewhere that he can get help... and that I can be aware that he's safe.”

Mother of King Hill pleads for child's safe return

“I can't sleep, my son's out there. Every day that goes past, it's just... it's just horrible for me. I can't be by myself.”

“The babysitter, she's lying on her end, completely, I just know she is. You never dropped my son off, you never did none of that, you're lying. You're a liar.”

“Everybody's just messed up right now, you know, but we're never going to stop looking for him... I...I...I'm not going to stop looking for him.”

King Hill’s Mother Pleads For 2-Year-Old's Safe Return As Weeklong Search Continues

*ETA: It's possible what Amber said here was:
“I miss him a lot,” mother Amber Hill said during an interview with NBC Philadelphia last week. “They were looking at me like I did something to him, but I would never do nothing to none of my kids.”
‘I can’t sleep because my son is out there’: Tot still missing after babysitter claims to have dropped him off with his mother

Last edited:
I didn't mean it as an attack to anyone, really. It was a general observation. I could be totally wrong but I feel like the babysitter is the key in this case.

I know you didn’t. I just wanted to point out that I personally wasn’t leaning toward mom because of that.
And I honestly don’t think that being vocal in media and attending searches excludes someone as a suspect. JMO

I know you didn’t. I just wanted to point out that I personally wasn’t leaning toward mom because of that.
And I honestly don’t think that being vocal in media and attending searches excludes someone as a suspect. JMO
Thank you! I just feel like being very vocal on social media and then seemingly not putting effort into searching for the baby was interesting.

For me it's not the face tattoos. It's that she didn't see or hear from her 2 year old in over a month despite living not far from the stepdad. I have no problem with the stepdad being in King's life, as I've said, I'm a stepmom so I know firsthand how different every family is. But when a parent gives her child to another adult for months at a time, that is a huge red flag for me.

For me it's not the face tattoos. It's that she didn't see or hear from her 2 year old in over a month despite living not far from the stepdad. I have no problem with the stepdad being in King's life, as I've said, I'm a stepmom so I know firsthand how different every family is. But when a parent gives her child to another adult for months at a time, that is a huge red flag for me.
Things would be way clearer for me if I knew what the actual arrangement regarding his custody was. That, and where the older sister is and who usually cares for her. I don't have kids but I don't see myself not checking on my child in this type of situation.

Well shi(r)t, as far as we know, all of them could be lying. MOO. I hope not, but all things are possible!:rolleyes::oops:

I'm wondering, why does she seem awful? Is there something specific? I've only seen the 1 interview with her so maybe I'm missing something.
I am really regretting that I posted that but I don't see a way to delete it or edit it. It was not a nice thing to say at a time when her child is missing. My criticism stemmed from the police comments that she did not know the child's babysitter of two years and had not seen the child in weeks, but I wish I hadn't said that.

Things would be way clearer for me if I knew what the actual arrangement regarding his custody was. That, and where the older sister is and who usually cares for her. I don't have kids but I don't see myself not checking on my child in this type of situation.

Even if stepdad was granted some form of visitation, (which I doubt since it's not common) I would still think it's a red flag for a mom to not have contact with her two year old for such a long period of time. jmo

Does anyone know if all three have had lie detector tests? The mother says daughter is asking where King is, as if she knows something is wrong. I feel that if she is is asking now then she probably would have been asking for the last two months.
On the other hand it may be that the girl is picking up on the mother's stress. If she's been asking where King is during the last couple of months mom would have been able to answer where he was. With him missing she has no answer and maybe that's what the girl is sensing. MOO.

I dunno but still, your thought is interesting and makes me wonder how common it is/was for King to be away for long periods of time.

I'm pretty sure I might say the exact same kind of thing if my baby dude was missing. I'd be heartsick, I'd be frantic, I'd be worried sick. Lots of I's there because when a mama's baby goes missing, mama is missing part of her heart. I see nothing out of the ordinary with mom saying those sorts of things.

jmo
I’ve seen the mom speaking to the media.... a few times ....if she is “ acting “ then she missed her calling......she sounds worried sick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member