Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the fact that King's mother has face tattoos is probably conditioning the perception some people are getting of her. Nothing that she said or the way she behaved seemed like red flags to me. She might have issues, yes, but that doesn't mean she's lying. I wish we had more of a clear picture regarding what the custody arrangements for King are. The fact that he was spending so much time with his stepfather doesn't really faze me, it happens. Families are not mommy, daddy and children anymore. A family can include a stepfather that is not with the mother anymore, just because the adults separate, it doesn't mean the children have to be part of that process. What I find strange is the fact that the stepfather and the mother seem to live somewhat close, and the babysitter lives like 20 minutes way from both of them. Couldn't they find a babysitter that lived closer? How did she become his babysitter? What exactly was the babysitting arrangement? It makes absolutely no sense for the babysitter to return King to his mother without the stepfather's knowledge. She only remembered to mention the drop off when he came by? Why didn't she immediately contacted the stepfather when the mother supposedly requested for the baby to be dropped off to her? This story stinks and I might be wrong, but I feel like the babysitter is the key.
Yeah, I could care less about her face tattoos, doesn't bug me in the least. I think it's weird that she goes for such a long period of time and doesn't see her two year old.

I viewed a private video of the sitter interacting with King (can't be linked here). I saw someone who seems to really care for him and was very maternal. So if she did something to King I would be very surprised.

MOO, mother may have a medical or developmental reason for why the child was in someone else’s care, why she believes others may criticize her ability to parent, and why she may seem confused or use awkward speech. I would ask others to be less quick to condemn a parent as lazy or absent simply because they seek help and assistance with it from other adults in their life.

On the other hand it may be that the girl is picking up on the mother's stress. If she's been asking where King is during the last couple of months mom would have been able to answer where he was. With him missing she has no answer and maybe that's what the girl is sensing. MOO.

I dunno but still, your thought is interesting and makes me wonder how common it is/was for King to be away for long periods of time.
So King’s “stepfather” is also the bio dad of this girl, unless AH has another daughter.

Kimberly Hill added that she doesn’t think the stepfather was involved in the child’s disappearance.

Burgmann said the situation came to light after the stepfather reached out about dropping some things off at the mother’s house and learned that King was not with her.

“The stepfather reached out to her and asked how the child was doing. He was going to drop something off at the house. That’s what alerted to her, he’s not here. And that’s when it all came to light,” he said.

Police said last week that someone is lying and they’re trying to determine who. Burgmann said both the babysitter and the mother have been interviewed. While the babysitter claimed she dropped the toddler off with Amber Hill, the boy’s mother. Amber, however, said it never happened.

“We have the babysitter saying she turned the baby over. We have the mother saying no she did not,” Burgmann said, according to CBS Philly.

‘I can’t sleep because my son is out there’: Tot still missing after babysitter claims to have dropped him off with his mother

This may have already been addressed but I'm still catching up.
Has it been established yet, at who's request or instruction babysitter was to drop little King off with mom?
I mean, doesn't it strike anyone as super sketchy that both step-dad and babysitter say he was dropped off with mom, without mom having any idea such a drop off was supposed to of happened?
Logically, someone would have contacted mom, or someone at mom's residence, and said "babysitter is bringing King home at 10am on Tuesday".
Since someone doesn't want to tell the truth, I really hope LE has all their cell phones, to find out which one's data trail doesn't match with his/her story.

jmo

Members may discuss and question the facts respectfully, but in accordance with Websleuths victim friendly policy, until/unless there is an officially named POI/suspect in this little guy's disappearance, please forego the blatant victim blaming.

Thank you.
The like button was not enough. Much appreciated.

For me it's not the face tattoos. It's that she didn't see or hear from her 2 year old in over a month despite living not far from the stepdad. I have no problem with the stepdad being in King's life, as I've said, I'm a stepmom so I know firsthand how different every family is. But when a parent gives her child to another adult for months at a time, that is a huge red flag for me.
It could be entirely legit.
Maybe mom has health issues?
Maybe mom has legal issues?
I don't know, I haven't looked (usually I do, but I'm so sick of social media, I'm very actively avoiding it).
I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. For now.

jmo

Supposedly mom requested the babysitter to bring King home and asked stepdad for her phone number
Reports said the mother asked to have King for his birthday, which was coming up in a couple of weeks. I can't find anything in msm that explains why the babysitter allegedly returned him to mom early or whose decision that was.

I don't really have a good theory on this case but another thing to consider re: Mom is that she hadn't seen King for a couple months before his disappearance, for better or worse, so her emotional state may be different from someone whose child went missing suddenly while in their care. She may even realize that she's more in the confusion or disbelief stage and feel the need to act the way she thinks she "should" feel. Emotions are complicated and if she hasn't seen her son for awhile, it may sink in or hit her differently than a lot of parents of missing kids. JMO.

I’ve seen the mom speaking to the media.... a few times ....if she is “ acting “ then she missed her calling......she sounds worried sick.
To me, she doesn't come across as fake/acting. She comes across as entirely legit.

I hope that means, she is entirely legit.
More importantly, I hope this baby dude is found ASAP and safe, and healthy.

To me, she doesn't come across as fake/acting. She comes across as entirely legit.

I hope that means, she is entirely legit.
More importantly, I hope this baby dude is found ASAP and safe, and healthy.
I am trying hard to think of a scenario in which this precious toddler is going to be found safe and healthy. Given the present circumstances, I'm not coming up with much.

When ALL 3 caregivers are denying they know anything about his whereabouts, and are pointing fingers at each other, and a week goes by, with no clarity , it isn't looking good, in my opinion.:(

I am trying hard to think of a scenario in which this precious toddler is going to be found safe and healthy. Given the present circumstances, I'm not coming up with much.

When ALL 3 caregivers are denying they know anything about his whereabouts, and are pointing fingers at each other, and a weeks goes by, with no clarity , it isn't looking good, in my opinion.

I was hopeful someone was making a custody power play, or flat out didn't want King to go back to a bad home situation and hid him. But the situation has escalated and is very serious. If either of the above were true, I would think by now someone would cave and tell the truth :(

I tried to read the whole thread, but didn't make it. Is the "babysitter" involved with the step-dad? Or was? We had a case like that before...... where the babysitter was more than the typical babysitter. And was tired of watching someone else's child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth