Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still no reward being offered right? I don't have social media, but the bit I have gathered from digging this is a way bigger cluster than I initially thought. I don't for a second believe he was dropped off at that corner, and I am leaning towards him still being alive, but hidden. I think there is a reason no reward is being offered.

There is so much about this case that makes me want to vomit.

The baby is two. AH, the mother, says she doesn't know babysitter very well.

From July 7 presser:
"Police said the babysitter had cared for the child for two years"

A photo of King and his father attached via @kelly Rule WTXF

Someone here said this is KH's Uncle, not father - I just assumed from the photos posted on this local news person's tweet. So, still not sure.
https://twitter.com/KellyRuleTV/status/1281292728639410183?s=19

She left her baby in the care of others for extended periods of time unfortunately we can't discuss what's on social media but from her own words she knows others don't have a high opinion of her being a mom
Fair enough.
I'm not following this on SM so I have no idea what's being said.
I just wasn't sure if there was something in MSM I'd missed.

Boyfriends and stepfathers are notorious for abuse. Google "boyfriend arrested" + abuse or "step father arrested" + abuse.

This is no shade on King's step father, just pointing out there should be caution in general with boyfriends/stepfathers - steps in general, really. jmo

are we really going down this road again? So my husband should be cautious of me around his kids for the sole reason that I’m a stepmom. I better go hurry and tell him. Lol.

Eta - google “parent/grandparent/aunt/uncle/sibling arrested+ abuse”. You’ll yield the same results As you will with boyfriend and stepparent.

are we really going down this road again? So my husband should be cautious of me around his kids for the sole reason that I’m a stepmom. I better go hurry and tell him. Lol.

Eta - google “parent/grandparent/aunt/uncle/sibling arrested+ abuse”. You’ll yield the same results As you will with boyfriend and stepparent.

I'm a stepmom and I'm not offended by that statement?

IMO though, I see more cases here at WS where the death of a child involves a boyfriend, girlfriend or bio-parent(s). There's a trend now days not to marry, so that plays a part too.

BTW, the two baby-killers weren't married, just living together. So the press is calling her stepmother in error :mad:

IMO though, I see more cases here at WS where the death of a child involves a boyfriend, girlfriend or bio-parent(s). There's a trend now days not to marry, so that plays a part too.

BTW, the two baby-killers weren't married, just living together. So the press is calling her stepmother in error :mad:
What 2 baby killers are you referring to?

I know, unreal. I'd think by 2020 we'd have stopped the ignorant promotion of truly toxic and insulting stereotypical junk.

But, there should be a general caution against step fathers because they're notorious for abuse. Steps in general, as it were.

Oh yes, I am greatly offended by such thinking. It's WRONG and entirely unfair.

Baby killers? Stepmother?

I'm lost.

earlier in the thread someone said stepparents are a notch above sexual predators or something like that.

What two baby killers?

I know, unreal. I'd think by 2020 we'd have stopped the ignorant promotion of truly toxic and insulting stereotypical junk.

But, there should be a general caution against step fathers because they're notorious for abuse. Steps in general, as it were.

Oh yes, I am greatly offended by such thinking. It's WRONG and entirely unfair.

Imagine the look on my face while reading that as I just finished submitting the payment for my stepdaughters college tuition for the fall. Lol

Boyfriends and stepfathers are notorious for abuse. Google "boyfriend arrested" + abuse or "step father arrested" + abuse.

This is no shade on King's step father, just pointing out there should be caution in general with boyfriends/stepfathers - steps in general, really. jmo

Okay, here are the results:

"boyfriend arrested" + abuse = 370,000 hits
"stepfather arrested" + abuse = 83,800 hits
"dad arrested" + abuse = 114,000 hits
"father arrested" + abuse = 380,000 hits

While I would not consider a google search to instantly qualify as scientific data, the most elementary search shows "dad" and "father" and "boyfriend" all outrank step father.

I have no idea what the actual stats on this are, but to make a claim that "steps in general" should be considered for a "caution in general" because they are "notorious for abuse" is patently untrue.

Evil, wicked people, are notorious for abuse. They come in all sorts of shapes, with all sort of titles.

If we are taking statistics, *when a child is actually killed* (please note that I am explicitly talking about people who kill children in the course of abuse or neglect, I am absolutely NOT making generalizations about people who happen to be parents or stepparents or any other sort of caregiver), stepfathers are multitudes more likely to kill a child (especially one under age 5) than a biological mother is - single parent or not. Being honest about this fact is not an insult toward stepparents, it is a statistic. That said, the statistics do not tell us about any individual situation and it is not unheard of for children to die of abuse or neglect at the hands of a sitter, either. Personal biases and statistics do not tell us what happened to King Hill.

If we are taking statistics, *when a child is actually killed* (please note that I am explicitly talking about people who kill children in the course of abuse or neglect, I am absolutely NOT making generalizations about people who happen to be parents or stepparents or any other sort of caregiver), stepfathers are multitudes more likely to kill a child (especially one under age 5) than a biological mother is - single parent or not. Being honest about this fact is not an insult toward stepparents, it is a statistic. That said, the statistics do not tell us about any individual situation and it is not unheard of for children to die of abuse or neglect at the hands of a sitter, either. Personal biases and statistics do not tell us what happened to King Hill.

Can you post your source? I’d be interested to read. I also think a lot of people underestimate the amount of neglectful biological parents.

also, saying that sometimes stepparents murder their stepkids is far different from saying not to trust any stepdad.

Last edited:
Can you post your source? I’d be interested to read. I also think a lot of people underestimate the amount of neglectful biological parents.

also, saying that sometimes stepparents murder their stepkids is far different from saying not to trust any stepdad.

“The per annum rates of filicide per million children less than 5 years old committed by stepfathers, genetic fathers, stepmothers, and genetic mothers were then calculated. The per annum filicide rate for stepfathers (60.0 children per million children) was substantially higher than the per annum filicide rate for genetic fathers (7.0 children per million children). And the per annum filicide rate for stepmothers (20.6 children per million children) was substantially higher than the per annum filicide rate for genetic mothers (8.6 children per million children).”

https://www.toddkshackelford.com/downloads/Weekes-Shackelford-Shackelford-VV-2004.pdf

And we don’t have the baby found yet right ? I’m not sure we even have when he was last seen by an independent source but I’m behind trying to read through the step—- posts - sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth