Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's much easier to understand the "unclassified felonies." No degrees!
It says murder and aggravated murder are considered unclassified felonies. I think most states are like that.

So in PA F1 is likely 1st degree murder. But I still haven't seen any indication that that's what she's charged with. On the filing information for her charges it just says Title 18- 2502, "murder." Under "grade" it is blank.

That clears a lot up for me I thought she was charged with murder in the first degree which would mean it was premeditated but what about the weapon with intent to kill? How would they know she intended to kill King with whatever weapon they are talking about?

Possession of Instrument of Crime with intent (to use in crime) seems pretty vague. My lay person understanding, it could be the murder weapon, or it could be drug paraphernalia. Either way, I do think it’s notable the DA skipped announcing that charge. They clearly did not want to answer questions.

claudicici asked for approval to post the video of SP Nugget News interviewing King's uncle.

This one video is being approved, but because there is not a lot of background information on the SP Nugget News as a source, this is not to be interpreted as a blanket approval to use them as a regularly approved source.

Possession of Instrument of Crime with intent (to use in crime) seems pretty vague. My lay person understanding, it could be the murder weapon, or it could be drug paraphernalia. Either way, I do think it’s notable the DA skipped announcing that charge. They clearly did not want to answer questions.
Yeah, I looked it up after the arrest and wrote down (on the back of an envelope) that an instrument of crime is any item specially made or adapted for criminal use, OR anything used for criminal purposes and possessed by the actor under circumstances that are not appropriate for it's potentially lawful uses.

A person commits a misdemeanor in the first degree if he or she possesses it with intent to employ it criminally.

Examples were a firearm, baseball bat, knife, lock pick, drug paraphernalia and controlled substances.

Interview with Cody ,Kings uncle be patient it takes awhile before he comes on

I listened to some of this last night. The biggest take-away - LE supposedly told Cody, King will never be found because he's in the landfill.
Some of the rest was pretty disrespectful of LE and their efforts to find King, so I didn't listen to all of the video.

Last edited:
So.... do you all want me to take off the "1st degree"??
What about what @Richrd posted about the F1 in front of the murder charge that I quoted?
No - F1 is not Formula One.... ;)

TIA! :)
From what I can tell, the OP contained the charges and the statutes in general so it's still an informative post. What we need is for the record of charges to be linked. I'm not sure if it's here already or not. It's an official document so it should have the correct information. I don't know how to download it from the court records.

From what I can tell, the OP contained the charges and the statutes in general so it's still an informative post. What we need is for the record of charges to be linked. I'm not sure if it's here already or not. It's an official document so it should have the correct information. I don't know how to download it from the court records.

I can't help as I can't access PA court sites....

I believe @sds71 does have access! :) Maybe they could post what is there.

I listened to some of this last night. The biggest take-away - LE supposedly told Cody, King will never be found because he's in the landfill.
Some of the rest was pretty disrespectful of LE and their efforts to find King, so I didn't listen to all of the video.
My biggest take-away is how tragic and devastating this really is for everyone involved.To me the uncle seems like a lost child himself,from the beginning I always felt he truly cared about King and is completely heartbroken but he has no coping skills on how to deal with the entire situation.That interview lady is inciting him IMO to believe in some crazy conspiracy that King is alive and somehow the law enforcement is in on it and TP has a great lawyer and will get off and they will give King a new identity....it's just insane.IMO AH & uncle really need guidance instead of someone giving them false hope
Other than that what stood out to me was what he said about MR telling him he "accidentally" described him to TP but then told AH TP saw him when picking up King that is really strange to me and that TP described the correct car.Also that MR asked for a DNA test and really seemed to want to be King's dad yet he didn't even call his biological daughter on her birthday It's all so strange.
The question who is paying for TP defense is also always bugging me.
Her preliminary hearing is Wednesday.Hopefully that will clear up the exact charges.One thing is for sure,as sad as it is,she would not be charged with any degree of murder if LE did not have solid evidence the baby is dead.

For those trying to watch, the uncle comes on about 16 minutes into the video. I had a very hard time following what they were talking about and ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of it. What I really wanted her to ask about is what LE have communicated to the family that shows they know King is deceased. They must have evidence. Sad situation for all involved. IMO

For those trying to watch, the uncle comes on about 16 minutes into the video. I had a very hard time following what they were talking about and ended up fast-forwarding through a lot of it. What I really wanted her to ask about is what LE have communicated to the family that shows they know King is deceased. They must have evidence. Sad situation for all involved. IMO
From my understanding when LE told AH King was dead she did not want to hear anymore and they probably don't share that kind of information to an uncle so he feels as if they don't have evidence

So.... do you all want me to take off the "1st degree"??
What about what @Richrd posted about the F1 in front of the murder charge that I quoted?
No - F1 is not Formula One.... ;)

TIA! :)
All - I researched this question a few weeks ago and I believe that all three degrees of murder charges are first degree felonies in PA. 1st degree, 2nd degree and 3rd degree murder all qualify as 1st degree felonies. So even if the official documents say it’s a first degree felony, that does not tell us which degree the murder charge is.
On a quick search this AM, I only found a law firm’s explanation:
“All other kinds of murder shall be murder of the third degree. Murder of the third degree is a felony of the first degree.” Pennsylvania murder laws explained by a Phila. criminal lawyer

My biggest take-away is how tragic and devastating this really is for everyone involved.To me the uncle seems like a lost child himself,from the beginning I always felt he truly cared about King and is completely heartbroken but he has no coping skills on how to deal with the entire situation.That interview lady is inciting him IMO to believe in some crazy conspiracy that King is alive and somehow the law enforcement is in on it and TP has a great lawyer and will get off and they will give King a new identity....it's just insane.IMO AH & uncle really need guidance instead of someone giving them false hope
Other than that what stood out to me was what he said about MR telling him he "accidentally" described him to TP but then told AH TP saw him when picking up King that is really strange to me and that TP described the correct car.Also that MR asked for a DNA test and really seemed to want to be King's dad yet he didn't even call his biological daughter on her birthday It's all so strange.
The question who is paying for TP defense is also always bugging me.
Her preliminary hearing is Wednesday.Hopefully that will clear up the exact charges.One thing is for sure,as sad as it is,she would not be charged with any degree of murder if LE did not have solid evidence the baby is dead.

Yes, I feel very bad for the Uncle. He has been so vocal about finding little King. The momma in me makes me just wanna hug that young man and guide him. You can tell he desperately wants answers. He is holding onto hope King is still out there. I can't blame him; nobody wants to just accept their loved one is gone. If it is true that MR is acting off and odd to the family then I can understand why Cody has more questions than answers. A lot of what he said about MR's behavior gave me pause. Surely LE has strong reason to believe King is deceased, but if we are to believe all that uncle is saying then I can see why he thinks some "conspiracy" is going on. The family needs a lawyer.

ETA: And I don't mean get a lawyer because I agree some conspiracy is going on. I don't know if there is more to this or not. I am very much on the fence about what really happened to little King. I just think his family is lost and an attorney could better guide them on how to proceed and what to say or not say going forward. In addition, it appears the relationship between LE and the family is lacking trust. Perhaps a lawyer could smooth that a bit and give the family more confidence that LE is taking King's disappearance and presumed death seriously.

Last edited:
I think MR is making it worse by not communicating with them especially the uncle.. Poor guy needs some counseling. Why wouldn't MR speak to them? Shame, legal reasons, afraid to get chewed out. I doubt MR has anything to do with King's dissapperance/murder but I'm not sure he is being fully truthful.Moo

Yes, I feel very bad for the Uncle. He has been so vocal about finding little King. The momma in me makes me just wanna hug that young man and guide him. You can tell he desperately wants answers. He is holding onto hope King is still out there. I can't blame him; nobody wants to just accept their loved one is gone. If it is true that MR is acting off and odd to the family then I can understand why Cody has more questions than answers. A lot of what he said about MR's behavior gave me pause. Surely LE has strong reason to believe King is deceased, but if we are to believe all that uncle is saying then I can see why he thinks some "conspiracy" is going on. The family needs a lawyer.

ETA: And I don't mean get a lawyer because I agree some conspiracy is going on. I don't know if there is more to this or not. I am very much on the fence about what really happened to little King. I just think his family is lost and an attorney could better guide them on how to proceed and what to say or not say going forward. In addition, it appears the relationship between LE and the family is lacking trust. Perhaps a lawyer could smooth that a bit and give the family more confidence that LE is taking King's disappearance and presumed death seriously.
Yes, the family is likely frustrated and confused and of course investigators can't give them any information so it only adds to their suspicions.

The interviewer is not helping much. She doesn't seem to know anything about the evidence LE talked about. She asked him, "They based it on a text message?"

LE never said that and they also never said they had a video of him deceased, or being deceased, or however they worded it.

Cody is surprised Marv is avoiding their phone calls. He basically answered his own question. He said Amber trusted him with King and knew him for a long time. He probably is consumed with guilt and likely knows what people are saying about him. If he does have a lawyer he has probably been advised not to talk to anybody about the case.

They keep talking about Tianna's cousin and how she apologized to the family and felt betrayed and it doesn't make sense. She said she wasn't feeling betrayed when she told police about the man with the gun. Of course she didn't, she believed the story at that point! She feels betrayed by Tianna and I don't blame her, especially if they were close. The interviewer implied she should be charged with giving the police false information. If she believed Tianna then she was just repeating what she told her. At least she admitted fault and is not denying the charges.

He also implied that police didn't care about King and simply gave up and they are just letting everyone think he's dead. Obviously that's not true if they had the FBI involved and utilized their behavior analysts, technical experts, and spent so much time viewing hours of cell phone and surveillance video, phone records and text messages.

I doubt there is any truth that King could still be alive. I've never heard of any missing persons case where police have notified family that a child is deceased, charged someone with murder and eight related charges, and then the child is found alive.

The family needs to be patient and wait until the investigation is over and the arrest affidavit and discovery are released. They also should stay away from social media. It seems to be filled with unknowledgable people who spread rumors and know nothing about how an investigation is run.

This is all just a distraction. The two sides bashing each other is not going to help anything. Police have said they are confident Tianna is responsible for Kings death and acted alone.

Perpetuating a rumor that he is still alive is not going to help the family. I hope they can stop listening to all these people. It's not going to help them get any closure. They need to be able to grieve in peace.

Last edited:
I heard him say "landmark" or landpark. He said something like she dumped him there where he got burnt? Idk. It didn't make sense.

Yes, the family is likely frustrated and confused and of course investigators can't give them any information so it only adds to their suspicions.

The interviewer is not helping much. She doesn't seem to know anything about the evidence LE talked about. She asked him, "They based it on a text message?"

LE never said that and they also never said they had a video of him deceased, or being deceased, or however they worded it.

Cody is surprised Marv is avoiding their phone calls. He basically answered his own question. He said Amber trusted him with King and knew him for a long time. He probably is consumed with guilt and likely knows what people are saying about him. If he does have a lawyer he has probably been advised not to talk to anybody about the case.

They keep talking about Tianna's cousin and how she apologized to the family and felt betrayed and it doesn't make sense. She said she wasn't feeling betrayed when she told police about the man with the gun. Of course she didn't, she believed the story at that point! She feels betrayed by Tianna and I don't blame her, especially if they were close. The interviewer implied she should be charged with giving the police false information. If she believed Tianna then she was just repeating what she told her. At least she admitted fault and is not denying the charges.

He also implied that police didn't care about King and simply gave up and they are just letting everyone think he's dead. Obviously that's not true if they had the FBI involved and utilized their behavior analysts, technical experts, and spent so much time viewing hours of cell phone and surveillance video, phone records and text messages.

I doubt there is any truth that King could still be alive. I've never heard of any missing persons case where police have notified family that a child is deceased, charged someone with murder and eight related charges, and then the child is found alive.

The family needs to be patient and wait until the investigation is over and the arrest affidavit and discovery are released. They also should stay away from social media. It seems to be filled with unknowledgable people who spread rumors and know nothing about how an investigation is run.

This is all just a distraction. The two sides bashing each other is not going to help anything. Police have said they are confident Tianna is responsible for Kings death and acted alone.

Perpetuating a rumor that he is still alive is not going to help the family. I hope they can stop listening to all these people. It's not going to help them get any closure. They need to be able to grieve in peace.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Especially staying off social media. That is why I said they need a lawyer or someone to guide them. The Uncle seems like he is just sort of lost. As an outsider I have questioned how LE is so sure King is deceased with what we know. What is it that makes them sure she murdered him, but King is not retrievable? If that is all the family knows also then I can see why he is sitting and thinking King could be alive out there or wanting to know what really happened when you compound that onto MR becoming distant towards them now. LE is most likely trying to maintain the integrity of the case, but the family is taking it as a conspiracy or indifference. Maybe he needs therapy more than a lawyer, or maybe they need both. I just feel for him. He is so young and trying to process this. Every family deserves to know exactly what happened to their loved one and the opportunity to lay them to rest. It makes me sad to see him struggling with the uncertainty and seemingly no one there to guide him through it. When the interviewer mentioned paying for a PI for the family and suggested he look into one he said he didn't know how to do something like that. It was just sad to watch. I wish LE could make the family feel like King's case was important. Not saying LE doesn't view it that way, but the family for whatever reason feels that is how LE views it, and that is very sad. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo